Cheap Flights Article Discussion

Options

Comments

• Barbjnr
    Options
    Hi I have emailed my complaint to the travel support dept of Expedia but they have not replied. Does anyone else have a handy email contact for Expedia who I can email my complaint to? Thanks
  • debbosc40
    Options
    I would just like to relay my experience of a wonky weekend to Barcelona. It was a few years ago but I would think it would still apply.

We went on a cheap flight from Leeds to Barcelona on the Sat and returned on the Tues.

The fights were very cheap but when we arrived at a nice hotel in the heart of Barcelona square, everyone was very tired and just wanted to sleep. (Which was very difficult with all the lively nightlife outside our window)!:beer:

We looked forward to enjoying the same on the Sunday! However it was absolutally dead - no nightlife on the Sunday or Monday!!:mad:

I guess what I am trying to say is pick your City carefully to make sure everything is the same on the Sunday as it is on the Saturday!
  • davina22
    Options
    hi, i was wondering if anyone knew of any cheap flights to dalaman in turkey? or surrounding area. best price i can find is £250 return, this is any london airport.
    any help would be much appreciated.
  • Matspart3
    Options
    This small airline is currently offering £39.95 fares on its routes from Gloucestershire Airport including all taxes. Amazingly, in this day and age, parking at the Airport is completely free and is about 30 yards from the Terminal Building. It is, without doubt, the easiest airport I've ever flown from.
  • steadynerve
    Options
    Hi Money savers

does anyone know if any threads exist or Martin has looked into being a freight courier for a comany and getting a free or heavily subsidised tickets??
  • SPACON
    SPACON Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,

I have been told of a way to avoid paying the credit card charges imposed by airlines such as Ryanair and easyjet i.e. the extra £5 added to the total per person per flight when you pay via your credit card.

I have not had a opportunity yet to try this for myself so if any you guys do and it works please let me know. The trick is as follows (for Ryanair, as thats what I was told about):

(1) Find the cheap flight that you want by the usual search facilities , say , its £30 incl. taxes and charges
    (2) Return to the home page or open a separate tab of the home page and purchase the airlines vouchers to the value of the flight you want. i.e. the £30 but no harm buying vouchers worth more as I believe you always have them until u use them
    (3) Use the vouchers you bought to pay for your flight to avoid paying the extra payment charge

Let us know if this works.
  • buglawton
    buglawton Posts: 9,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Pity that MSE does not operate a 3 spams and you're out policy
  • thecannyscot
    Options
    Just a tip for anyone searching for cheap flights. I was searching for flights from Bristol to Corfu from 11.5.09-18.5.09 through screensavers and the only airline that flies there, Thomas Cook Airlines. To book though the airline it was £1400 or screen savers @ £1200. However, I have booked the cheapest accomodation through the Thomas Cook Airline package holiday web site and total cost was £721 which included meals on the plane. I checked with the airline and they don't care if I don't stay in the accomodation.
    I have saved @ £700. I originally got this idea to search for package holidays just to get the flights from this web site.
    Many thanks. :T
  • thecannyscot
    Options
    Hi Davina22,
    see my post on cheap flights 4.3.09, try searching for a package holiday just to get the flights.
  • misscooldude
    Options
    Last night we were looking at Easyjet flights from Bristol to Venice Marco Polo 11th July outbound and 18th July inbound and the cost for 2 adults with 1 bag (32kg) was £166.54.

I have gone to book the flight this afternoon and exactly the same flight is £276.52.

Has anyone got any ideas of how we could reduce the cost of the flight? I am totally shocked and fuming :mad: that the price has gone up by over £100 in under 24 hours!!!!

Can anyone give me any ideas of ways to make this flight cheaper or is it a case of TOUGH and DEAL WITH IT?

Thanks
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure