Warning - do not use wolstenholmes solicitors

Comments

• The address of the LCS is legalcomplaints.org.uk/home.page
  • rfsp
    rfsp Posts: 45 Forumite
    Credit card payments

If you have paid for out of pocket expenses, or even provided your deposit (over £100 and up to £30,000) using a Credit Card, you might consider exercising your statutory rights under the Consumer Credit Act 1974.
  • I have contacted my credit card company regarding this matter this morning and as I have paid the depsoit with my credit card and the firm have not provided the service promised then you are in with a chance.
    I have sent them a letter with full details etc and registered it as a dispute....... it may well be useful for others in the same position.
  • rfsp
    "On BBC Radio Imran Hussain said he worked 17hrs a day" which is nonsense as he and his fellow solicitors didnt reply to calls (to mobiles and landline) and emails for ages.......
  • rfsp
    edgworth wrote: »
    I have contacted my credit card company regarding this matter this morning and as I have paid the depsoit with my credit card and the firm have not provided the service promised then you are in with a chance.
    I have sent them a letter with full details etc and registered it as a dispute....... it may well be useful for others in the same position.

Yes you are right! guys please try in this way if you have paid by credit card then appoint a new solicitor with or without Wolstenholmes file if you have not exchanged the contract.

You can complain later to LSC for compensation, provided that you do so within six months.
  • We used Wolstenholmes to sell our flat and the deal was completed on the 18th of December. JUST!

The contracts were exchanged on the 16th of December, they should of been exchanged a week earlier.

The company was a nightmare to deal with, they didn't respond to our calls or emails.

We have received the bulk of the profit from our sale although it looks like it is about £300 short. Wolstenholmes never sent us a statement of accounts.

My guess is it all went wrong for them as they didn't have the back end infrastructure set up for handling so many sales. I don't think Wolstenholmes is dishonst, I think they just took on more work than they could handle.
  • There is another journalist interested in the Wolstenholmes affair:

Hi there

I am a reporter for the Stockport Express and Manchester Evening News and have been doing some research into Wolstenholmes, including reading the comments posted on this thread and others.

As part of this I would be interested in hearing from anyone who is owed money by Wolstenholmes, who has a complaint lodged either with the company or the SRA, or from anyone who has had unsatisfactory professional deailings with them (such as other solicitors). I'd be particuarly interested to hear from anyone who has been left homeless or in temporary accommodation.

This particularly applies to people in the Manchester area, but it doesn't matter if you live elsewhere. Equally if your issue relates to the Birmingham branch, I would still be interested in hearing from you.

Also if anyone has any general (factual) information about the firm that they think might be useful, feel free to let me know.

My email address is [EMAIL="jennifer.williams@menmedia.co.uk"]jennifer.williams@menmedia.co.uk[/EMAIL].

Many thanks
    Jennifer
  • rebeccak
    rebeccak Posts: 138 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thanks for the links to the Land Registry site. I've checked on there and, thankfully, I am registered as the owner of my flat. If I want an official document confirming it, I have to send off a postal application with a larger fee but I think I'll just wait and see if those investigating Wolstenholmes unearth my deeds during their investigations. (Presumably, if the firm is closed down permanently, they'll send customers/ex-customers anything relating to/belonging to them?)

Hopefully, the findings of these investigations will be published so we can find out what has been going on and how far it goes back so us ex-clients know whether we have got anything to be concerned about or if it is just the poor people who currently have money in the hands of Wolstenholmes.
  • rebeccak
    rebeccak Posts: 138 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    There's just been a news item about this on Granada Reports. It said that £4 million of customers' money has been frozen - so at least it sounds like the money is still there and in the hands of the investigators rather than having disappeared.
  • rfsp
    rebeccak wrote: »
    Thanks for the links to the Land Registry site. I've checked on there and, thankfully, I am registered as the owner of my flat. If I want an official document confirming it, I have to send off a postal application with a larger fee but I think I'll just wait and see if those investigating Wolstenholmes unearth my deeds during their investigations. (Presumably, if the firm is closed down permanently, they'll send customers/ex-customers anything relating to/belonging to them?)

Hopefully, the findings of these investigations will be published so we can find out what has been going on and how far it goes back so us ex-clients know whether we have got anything to be concerned about or if it is just the poor people who currently have money in the hands of Wolstenholmes.

when was your purchase completed?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport