Joined 31.05.16

Options

Comments

• Poor_Single_lady
    Options
    Thank you Dolly and Cailbhinn. I love my hair straighteners. I know its vain but without them I will be single for ever (maybe with them given how that's going anyway)

158 days of loan
    3 to payday

No social events in calander till friday. None. I've got some busy days at work, but no alcohol or lunches planned. Need a few essentials in boots and will need milk. Saturday cinema and sunday at home.
    Friday is loan payment day, down to £1685. Then only 4 payments left till then end! xx
    2017- 5 credit cards plus loan
    Overdraft And 1 credit card paid off.

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Eeeeeek 4, 3, 2, 1 - DONE!

Will be gone in no time.

Dxxx
  • Poor_Single_lady
    Options
    157 days of loan left.
    2 till payday.
    7 to november

Cheese on toast for tea.
    Nsd today and tommorow.
    Last few days to payday.

Very tired at the moment.
    Looking forward to less lean times. xx

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • Poor_Single_lady
    Options
    Thank you Dolly. The day the loan is paid back I see myself getting a bit emotional and having a day time whisky. A most bold activity!!

Very excited at the thought. I cant celebrate with any real life people because absolutely nobody in my real world will understand but it is going to be good!!!

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • reality_check
    Options
    When the loan is gone will make such a difference. Having that extra money will hopefully mean won't need to use credit cards and they will start coming down...keep going!! I am so disorganised at Christmas, basically have nothing put aside, so going to have to put debt on hold in December and just make minimum payments...can't believe it's November next week!! Hope your straighteners hang in there, not ideal at any time to stop working but at least you know you get good value with GHD's with how long they last and work as good as on day 1 as they do until the day they die! I really want a Dyson hairdryer....xx
    Starting debt £18,675.63 :eek:
    Current debt: £5,000 (16/05/18)
  • Poor_Single_lady
    Options
    I would definitely buy ghd's again. They are expensive but 10 years is a massive long time for anything to last. Less than £1 a month, well worth it. (I don't know what they cost now. 10 years ago mine were £125 and that felt like a lot!. I am going to look at these dyson hair dryers. I have an old hair dryer at the moment, still working so looking no buying.
    Reality I read you blog about brand loyalty, got me thinking a lot. I have a lot of loyalty in food shopping, beauty and over loyal to.m and S.

Its pay day tommorow.and.some bills paid this week, most on 1st.
    155 days of loan
    5 to november.

November is the month of lean-ness, studying, weight loss, tidy flat and major project at work. 2 big social days, both i am very much looking forward to and 1 family birthday. Plus christmas shopping because its getting so close now.

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Me too, they are well worth the money you pay for them.

Oh I love the look of that hairdryer!

Payday for me is Monday but DH got paid yesterday so have topped up my bank balance.

You are gonna smash November!

Dxxx
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Waving hello. Haven't been on for a few days. Hope you are well. Sounds as if you are living very frugally - the day by day count down is such a great idea - 160 days is NOTHING in the scheme of things.
    I wish I could turn our DFD into days but I think it would freak me out as it's SOOOOO far off.
    Catch up soon. Much love Ramble x
  • Poor_Single_lady
    Options
    I hope so Dolly! Ramble the countdown is for the loan only. The rest of it (£13,000) I have no idea. It will be in the years. Tommorow I am putting £40 in my ramble fund making £80 in total.

I haven't done very well recently. Too much going on. But today at lunch time i i cut my credit card in half. I felt ready so i did it. Its not as much progress as it sounds because I am going to increase my overdraft to £1000 purely as a safety net. (I wouldn't do this if didn't have a mortgage to pay for only by me) i dont intend to use it regularly or ever get near that point. I get paid tommorow and am owed some money for some train tickets plus my pay for unknown reasons seems to have gone up by £50 per month.
    So I am going to try and live without it and see what that looks like. Going to put maximum effort in. Shamefully it should have been close to being paid off but has around £1000 on it. I will get there eventually.
    Tonight home and ate planned dinner pizza with extra topping.
    Tommorow lunch out (but cheap) then beans on toast tea.
    Friday quick post work drink, then dinner at home.
    Tesco earlier - rice, milk, laundry, satsumas, bananas, tinned tomatoes, shower cleaner, marshmallows, ginger biscuits.

Payday tommorow
    Then onto november. xx

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Well done on cutting up the CC, so proud of you!!!!

It's a buffer in case of an emergency & I feel that you are far enough along in this journey now to not spend it because it is there, see how you have changed already.

Payday today - yay!!!

Dxxx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family