First Class flights.

Comments

• richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    fifeken wrote: »
    ..... the Flyertalk BA Forum has some strange characters posting....

There are characters on all forums, some post here, there and everywhere.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • dj1471
    dj1471 Posts: 1,968 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    fifeken wrote: »
    If I'm going to South East Asia and want a transit, I want it half way so the Middle East works well. Going to HKG you're already there so it defeats the purpose of splitting up the journey for a break after 6 to 8 hours.
    Each to their own. I actually hate splitting the journey in half since you only get a relatively small window between meal services on each flight to rest/sleep so the travel time feels longer. Plus I fly economy and neither Emirates or Qatar have a half-decent economy class (I have nightmares about being stuck on another of Qatar's Dreamliners in Economy... despite them giving me a free upgrade to business on 1 leg).
  • SW17
    SW17 Posts: 858 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    slinga wrote: »
    We live in the Far East for 6 months and UK for 6 months.
    Recently we've been travelling on Vietnam Airlines Business Class which has very good deals but a 3 hour or more stopover in Hanoi or HCMC.
    I've been thinking of trying a flight in First Class and wonder what others experiences might be.
    Thai come out cheapest although timings not the best.
    Emirates look OK and we like the Airbus 380 which seems a very quiet plane on Emirates.

The missus says BA FC hasn't got good reviews although as it would be non stop I find it attractive.

I've been checking the prices through the Matrix website but can't see how to book the prices they show. Any ideas on this or a website which allows you to book the prices they give??

Anyone got any comments??

If the route has both A380 and 777s being operated by BA, i will assume it's either HK or Singapore. BA First is a step up from BA business class, but not on the same level as First with Cathay Pacific or Singapore Airlines, your other direct options from those places. On the other hand, BA is likely to be cheaper than either of them. You get what you pay for...

Never flown First with Emirates, but the people I know that have, had no complaints at all. Just depends on whether you are happy with the indirect route and the style of the airline.

Regarding Matrix, for a straight return flight on one carrier, you should usually be able to recreate it on the airline website, though sometimes you need to call or use a good travel agent. When you open up the fare details in the Matrix search result, it will give all the fare codes an agent needs to book it.
    richardw wrote: »
    Is the BA flight on newer aircraft or B747 B772?

Will your route get new BA A350 aircraft on it?

Deliveries of A350s to BA will not start until at least Sep 2018.
  • richardw
    SW17 wrote: »
    ...Deliveries of A350s to BA will not start until at least Sep 2018.

Yes, I'm aware of this, the OP is a regular flyer, it was a suggestion for consideration for future planning/flying.
  • fifeken
    fifeken Posts: 2,701 Forumite
    There are characters on all forums, some post here, there and everywhere.

Yes, characters everywhere. It was the strange characters on the BA Flyertalk forum I was trying to highlight. They seem to have more than their fair share of them there.
  • slinga
    slinga Posts: 1,485 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    The missus has found that Swissair First Class is the cheapest. LHR/Changi/LHR

They look good with one short layover.

Any comments.
    It's your money. Except if it's the governments.
  • richardw
    ....Swissair First Class is the cheapest...

They don't have A350, A380 or B787 aircraft, which are better on long haul flights.
  • slinga
    slinga Posts: 1,485 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    They don't have A350, A380 or B787 aircraft, which are better on long haul flights.
    Thanks. But how are they better.

A FC seat is a FC seat.
    It's your money. Except if it's the governments.
  • richardw
    edited 9 July 2017 at 9:50AM
    New aircraft types are quieter and the air quality better, you arrive feeling less tired.
    I've flown long haul on A380, B747, B772 and B787 aircraft recently and the A380 and B787 flights were much better.
    A great seat in business on a new aircraft type is very good.

Compare the Swissair fare with A380 services on BA and SQ from SIN in businesss and first.
  • PeacefulWaters
    PeacefulWaters Posts: 8,495 Forumite
    Thanks. But how are they better.

A FC seat is a FC seat.

Well if you want to travel internally in the USA I think you'd discover this really isn't the case.

Perhaps Google YouTube video of Emirates latest offering and compare to, say, BA.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure