No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries June 2017

Options

Comments

• fixx
    fixx Posts: 792 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    VALM wrote: »
    One for me to check out on holiday. I think I'm likely to pick up either a Lorac Pro palette or Kat Von D. This Naked one looks very similar to the Anastasia Beverley Hills Modern Renaissance palette.

Ooooh good shout - I've been lusting over the Modern Renaissance palette for ages too! I'll have to see if I can find any comparisons - and then only treat myself if I hit some fitness goals by end July... :D
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,833 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    fixx wrote: »
    Ooooh good shout - I've been lusting over the Modern Renaissance palette for ages too! I'll have to see if I can find any comparisons - and then only treat myself if I hit some fitness goals by end July... :D

I'm not sure if the colours are too warm for me. I did use Emma's ABH palette recently and they were lovely. I really like the look of the new Tarte palette but those colours are very similar to the Smashbox full exposure that I own and I just don't rate Tarte eyeshadows. I have tried using some again today but they just look muddy.

I did throw away The Balm palette this week as I'm never going to reach for it and it seems nobody wants to buy it. So it's gone.

UU this morning Rituals Honey Touch body lotion. Was lovely. Would buy again if on a special offer and would buy the full size. I am on my last tub of 50ml body butter and then will have to use gradual tan !!!
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • asajj
    asajj Posts: 5,123 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    I have TA two products - one unnamed body lotion that I tested for Alba Science and No 7 facial sunscreen. The body lotion was too thick and not a pleasant texture and scent. No 7 facial sunscreen made me break out. I prefer Clarins.
    ally.
  • pinkfluffybabe
    pinkfluffybabe Posts: 2,986 Forumite
    Name Dropper Academoney Grad First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Another June UU:

Nuxe perfume. WBA. This was a gift but I really like the fragrance.
    Not buying unnecessary toiletries 2024 14/53 UU, 11 IN
  • asajj
    asajj Posts: 5,123 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    I was a bit busy earlier so couldn't list but I have some INs to declare :o

I went to Murad counter in Debenhams for a quick free facial today. I bought their new night cream: City Skin Overnight Detox Moisturiser. Expensive but for 50 ml and with the new pump, it will last for a while I hope.

I also got GWP - Essential C-Cleanser 200 ml. Renewing Eye cream 4ml, Active Radiance Serum 5ml, Essential-C day cream 10 ml., hydrating toner 15 ml, Invisiblur Perfecting Shield 5 ml.
    I also bought Lancome Midnight Rose Treson Perfume and UD Full Spectrum palette. The last two were impulse purchases but nearly 40 % so a bit relief :P I have spent too much money this month on several things. Here hoping July will be better.
    ally.
  • fudgesmoothies
    Options
    A few more UU, they seem to come in pairs!

NYX Micro Brow Pencil WDBA. This is good dupe of the thinner Benefit pencil. I just had a brown pencil in my birchbox so won't repurchase immediately.
    Tresemme Keratin Smooth Heat Protection WMBA. This came free with my hairdryer back in December so has lasted a very long time. One of those essential products that you don't really see much benefit from. I've replaced with a blow dry spray i had in stash that contains heat protectant.
  • sstevo19
    sstevo19 Posts: 1,493 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    One UU from last night:

Superdrug Little Moisturising Blue Stick 4.8g WDBA, it's my HG lip balm. I use this on a night after I've brushed my teeth and before I go to sleep. I put a lot on so it last overnight. Lovely, non scented lip balm. I'm going to try the Nuxe Reve de Miel lip balm now. :)

I've nearly finished the REN cleansing milk, so that should be UU in the next few days or so.
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,986 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Finally got my lists up to date and have some UU to add:D

150ml LRP Serozinc 5/48
    130ml Body oil (missing the label!) 6/49
    GWP size Clinique mild cleansing bar 7/50
    3ml Odacite Papaya-Geranium Serum 8/51
    7ml ESPA Lift & Firm moisturiser 9/52
    50ml Gatineau Refreshing Cream Cleanser 10/53
    12ml Lacura Nail Oil 11/54

Being several small sizes it looks like easy pickings, but trying to use the older things from stash as well as HGs. Lesson to (slightly) younger self....... use 1 thing, if you like it make a note of it, try something else and so on, you do not need loads and loads of different makes and types of toiletries stashed away, eating up potential holiday/treat money and taking up space, new things come along far quicker than you can use what you have and they all seem very desirable.:o

This really is a summary of how I have been (uncomfortable reading) and not a sermon to any one of you lovely people, we all have the right to do as we wish with our hard earned cash:D
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • sunny_money
    sunny_money Posts: 361 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    One little UU:
    ESPA - Optimal Body TriSerum 12ml
    Wasn't a fan of the aromatherapy scent but it worked well and loved the glass packaging.
  • savingfortomorrow
    Options
    mixa citaplast cream in
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills