Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Options

Comments

• elainemn
    elainemn Posts: 3,777 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    You must have been to the shops...you have a newspaper and crisps in your carrier:o

:p
    If it was me it would be chocolate, not crisps.
  • buyitall
    buyitall Posts: 3,597 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

If I remember correctly you’re the one that has done Insanity or was it T25? So, clearly to put yourself through that you must love the buzz, that rush of adrenaline that it gives you :D

What reason did you have for signing up? That should be your motivation but you know the saying the hardest step for a runner is the first one out the front door :D:D I don’t know if you are a morning person but that can be the best time to go. It’s cool and light enough for a run, then you don’t have that looming thought all day of I still have a run to do, getting up an hour earlier is no hardship really and the exercise will set you up for the day :) This is what I do, literally jump out of bed and get going, I can’t think of a better way to start the day and rarely struggle for motivation. I'd love to be able to motivate someone in person, dragging them out the door at some ungodly hour, giving them a good kick up the backside as it were :D:D:D:D:cool:

There is an app called Zombies Run! Never used it myself but this thread suggests that it makes running fun.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5343930

Thanks for the advice - I definitely need to get the run done first thing in the morning, there is nothing worse than having it hanging over you all day and then feeling like a failure when it doesn't happen :o I am also on holiday from work at the moment, so I really don't have an excuse, I don't know why it's not happening :o:o
    I really wish I had someone like you to drag me out!

My original motivation was being persuaded by a friend who said that he would be able to do it under 2hrs if he ran with me, so I feel some kind of obligation to actually train for it! Plus, the weight has been creeping on and I need to lose at least half a stone so I thought that running regularly would help me shift it without depriving myself too much of other things :beer:

I do feel motivated after your post, I will start properly tomorrow .......
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    pippo wrote: »
    The joys of working from home!!
    There again as a recently (early!0 retired person I can now live in my pj's if I wish:T

Honestly:naughty::naughty:

This place is going to the dogs:rotfl:

27696CFB-71F5-4931-9413-C48837374AAF_zpsdfsdvtn8.jpg
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • elainemn
    elainemn Posts: 3,777 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I wish they would stop changing channels for Olympics. Surely they could leave it on 1 side & move Eastenders, etc to the other side.
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    elainemn wrote: »
    Oops - I have the Apps, just not used them. I do use ipint. Do they work the same?

More or less....just try one and see how you get on...there's always folk around here can help:)
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • aau1
    aau1 Posts: 19,401 Forumite
    Options
    LEJC wrote: »
    My sister is a little older than me and was a decade in front of me at school...she learnt sewing and cooking (or home ec)as it used to be called as standard....but by the time I was a similar age in the late 70's early 80's that had all but disappeared...we learnt computer studies on the new fangled BBC computers and played the atari tennis game with the square pixel as a ball!

I guess whichever way you look at it there have been some good advances in technology and opportunity but sometimes its the simple things from childhood that you remember and not everyone is able to pass those things on to future generations.

I learned to use a sewing machine in home ec in 1993.

Just goes to show how far behind the times we are up here :rotfl:
    Apparently, everybody knows that the bird is [strike]the word[/strike] a moorhen
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    matty17r wrote: »
    I am another elite who uses my credit card for everything just to get a little cashback. I have been known to use if for spends under a pound!
    Dont' know if this is old news but you can now apply for renewing your passport on line. This way you can earn cashback on your credit card.

Trulymadly - I am jealous of your tesco reductions. You seem to be getting about 90pc off your yelllow stickers lately. Our tesco is still 75pc and there is very little left and that is expensive stuff. Have got lucky a few times at asda but have only found the correct time on one night as they vary it each night considerably at our asda so you cant even hang around.

BIG thank you to Naebarric - went to potten farm and got the huge box of plants for £5 worked out under 40p for large geraniums.

I think I'm just really lucky half the time.

I got a lot of A reductions all at 2p the other week but I messed up the photo:o
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    edited 12 August 2016 at 8:37PM
    Options
    aau1 wrote: »
    I learned to use a sewing machine in home ec in 1993.

Just goes to show how far behind the times we are up here :rotfl:

You certainly give me the needle:rotfl:

Ooooh missus
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • Tinyshoes
    Tinyshoes Posts: 29,014 Forumite
    Options
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    You watching the trampolining TS?

I was jumping with them :o

I am so pleased for Bryony. :T. Dd2s claim to fame she competed first against her when she was 7 :eek: Bryony is a bit older than DD2. It is just such a fantastic result and for Kat too. 2 women in the final was just wow :D
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Tinyshoes wrote: »
    I was jumping with them :o

I am so pleased for Bryony. :T. Dd2s claim to fame she competed first against her when she was 7 :eek: Bryony is a bit older than DD2. It is just such a fantastic result and for Kat too. 2 women in the final was just wow :D

That'll be the springs in the sofa gone then:o

Congratulations to them. A fabulous result:T
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts