SAYE schemes post-redundancy

Good morning,

I was made redundant recently, and had been participating in a SAYE scheme for the past three years.

A letter from the SAYE administrator has come through the door containing amongst other things, a direct debit form so that I can continue to save money in to the SAYE scheme. There doesn't seem to be anything advising on whether the option price is still valid for any new amount I save in.

Also, I was on a three-year plan rather than five or seven, and my three years actually reached maturity on 01/09/2016 so don't know how this affects things?

Finally, if I carrying on contributing in to SAYE, what happens if I join a new organisation that also offers SAYE? Can I have both running together? Do I have to close the old one before signing up to the new employers? And would it purely be a matter of looking at the option prices and forecasts for both shares, or when it comes out of salary at source is it more tax efficient than transferring later?

Comments

• xylophone
    xylophone Posts: 44,324 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Is the administrator aware that you have left the company?

I'd suggest you telephone to clarify.
  • Mackle
    Mackle Posts: 72 Forumite
    xylophone wrote: »
    Is the administrator aware that you have left the company?

I'd suggest you telephone to clarify.

Yes they are aware that I have left, it's to enable me to continue participating with the scheme now that I can't SAYE directly from my former employers payroll, hence a direct debit form.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure