PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Buying a house in Sylhet, Bangladesh

Comments

• artyclarty
    artyclarty Posts: 216 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Penitent wrote: »
    Is that a comparable property in South East England? I've heard London properties can be a bit bijou.

That is a property in central London. Has a premium attached to it because of all the green space in its proximity.

£1m
  • I've actually found this thread quite humorous lol.

Although I would like some serious responses lol.
    Girlie Girl
  • sparky130a
    sparky130a Posts: 660 Forumite
    I've actually found this thread quite humorous lol.

https://bikroy.com/en/ads/sylhet-division/property
  • HB58
    HB58 Posts: 1,787 Forumite

I'm not sure that this forum is the place to find the required information or expertise.
  • davidmcn
    davidmcn Posts: 23,596 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post

I don't know who this Lol chap is, but you might be better to try a Bangladeshi forum than one devoted to UK property.
  • csgohan4
    csgohan4 Posts: 10,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Crashy will be on here shortly to comment on the ridiculously high prices quoted here
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"

G_M/ Bowlhead99 RIP
  • sparky130a
    sparky130a Posts: 660 Forumite
    AFF8879 wrote: »
    If you do a google image search on "Sylhet", it does look like a very beautiful green place :) if you ignore the passenger aircraft stuck nose-first in the river.

Not a deal breaker. Assuming you weren't on said plan of course...
  • AnotherJoe
    AnotherJoe Posts: 19,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    csgohan4 wrote: »
    Crashy will be on here shortly to comment on the ridiculously high prices quoted here

Surely Crashy will be along to comment about the aircraft stuck nose first in the river ?
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,780 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    sparky130a wrote: »
    Not a deal breaker. Assuming you weren't on said plan of course...

I suspect ending up there wasn't part of the plan
  • silkz
    silkz Posts: 9 Forumite
    No joke Andrew, I'm of bangladeshi heritage and my parents are from sylhet with property out there. My dad's abroad at the moment. I'll ask him and get back to you. Yes the thread is humorous, but also kind of peed me off even though this forum wouldn't have an obvious clue, you still found a link like me...

Anyway, why are you looking to buy / build a house in B'desh?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure