Help with Tesco's screening questions

Comments

• Sainsburys have stupid scenarios like these, and I find that all options seem decent enough so I never know which to choose! I actually WORKED for sainsburys for three years and was absolutely fine so when I failed the scenario questions when trying to make an application it seemed a bit ridiculous!
  • JoeLowe
    JoeLowe Posts: 40 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    See question 16 is tough:

*Question 16
    You are working at the checkout and have a growing queue of customers to serve. As you scan a product for a customer, you notice that it has been charged at full price although you know that it is on sale. The line manager you need to correct the price is currently helping another customer with a query.

Answer A: Continue scanning the rest of the customer’s shopping as you have other customers waiting.
    Answer B: Finish the sale but tell the customer that if they speak to Customer Services they can be refunded the amount that they were owed.
    Answer C: Apologise to the queue of waiting customers and alert your line manager to correct the price of the product. Required! Select Answer Answer A Answer B Answer C

A) Seems to suggest you are going to charge them fill price and not say anything. Should say continue to scan items while you wait for your team leader.
    b) This is not ethical, charging them full price and then telling them to get a refund
    c) This is against Tesco's policy on customer service.
  • t0rt0ise
    t0rt0ise Posts: 4,269 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    JoeLowe wrote: »
    See question 16 is tough:
    I don't think you could do anything but B. That's certainly what happened to me in Tesco although I had used a self service till.

The policy then was to give me back all the money for the product and let me keep it as well. As it was two large packs of cheese, supposed to be buy one get one free and I got both of them free, as a customer I was satisfied with that.
  • JoeLowe
    t0rt0ise wrote: »
    I don't think you could do anything but B. That's certainly what happened to me in Tesco although I had used a self service till.

The policy then was to give me back all the money for the product and let me keep it as well. As it was two large packs of cheese, supposed to be buy one get one free and I got both of them free, as a customer I was satisfied with that.

I would not be happy if they need that to me in store. Would rather they waited for the manager to be available.
  • I think with most of these questions its fairly easy to work out the answer that Tesco want you to give. However I also think these scenario type things are a bit daft because you cant know exactly what the right thing to do is until you have been trained.

Anyway, good luck OP.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Sainsburys have stupid scenarios like these, and I find that all options seem decent enough so I never know which to choose! I actually WORKED for sainsburys for three years and was absolutely fine so when I failed the scenario questions when trying to make an application it seemed a bit ridiculous!

ive also worked for sainsburys on 2 occaisons and i passed the latest set of questions i answered
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    JoeLowe wrote: »
    I would not be happy if they need that to me in store. Would rather they waited for the manager to be available.

id rather get it sorted anything out at the cs desk rather than hold up a queue of people wanting to be served.
  • JoeLowe
    What is OP?
  • JoeLowe
    edited 28 August 2011 at 11:36AM
    akin_drum wrote: »
    Oh dear, those questions really are obvious. OP, I would respectfully suggest you look for employment elsewhere if you have already failed these screening questions.

I currently work as a mortgage advisor and as I mentioned before 5 other people in my office have also tried to apply and we have all been rejected.

I am starting to think it is because of my current role and they are rejecting us based on that. Asking themselves - Why would a mortgage broker want to work for Tesco part time?
  • JoeLowe
    akin_drum wrote: »
    Oh dear, those questions really are obvious. OP, I would respectfully suggest you look for employment elsewhere if you have already failed these screening questions.

Ok, lets hear what you would answer and see how different they are from my answers?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure