BT complaints

Options

Comments

• digthewell
    Options
    Hi David,

I have tried four times to post a reply, but for some reason it fails every time. I will try again. I have replied by PM to David. BT also promised to call my daughter at 5pm on Monday, but.....they forgot. It clearly isnt very important to them.

digthewell
  • digthewell
    Options
    I can now confirm that my daughter had a phone call from BT, and a number of points were agreed:

1 There would be no more charges related to BT Vision
    2 The three accounts could not be amalgamated for some reason. (I don't understand why you treat customers differently on this. I received one bill from BT for my phone and broadband, yet you cannot do this for my daughter. As I mentioned before, your strap line "Bringing it all together" just isn't appropriate.
    3 The latest Broadband bill was credited back on the same day, but this is not shown on the current bill, resulting in further confusion. Although this credit was done on 10 Feb 2009 it has not gone through your systrem, and BT agreed to do this again.
    4 For some unexplained reason, the previous contract at her old address was not moved over to her new address. My guess is this was to impose a new 12 month agreement rather than the balance of the old contract. This means that the phone line contract ends in October 2009, but the Broadband contract ends on 9 July 2009, again very confusing.
    5 Bills will still continue to arrive on different dates, Broadband on 7th and phone on 13th. This presumably suits BT's systems but is very confusing to the customer.
    6 The average bill being debited is higher than current spend rate. We asked for this to be reduced to an actual level of spend.
    7 We explained that all this was extremely confusing, and BT have a very confusing customer interface with no consistency of who to deal with, multiple accounts, where one would suffice, and different billing and contract end dates, with none of this in writing. We requested that all of this be put in writing so there is a record of what BT have promised to do, to avoid contradiction as has happened on numerous previous ocassions.

Until we see this written confirmation and billing appearing as agreed, we cannot confirm the matter resolved.

digthewell
  • SiobhanM_2
    Options
    I have been trying to get an issue resolved by BT for 6 months now. The call centre have fought with me telling me that it was my fault my line rental had been cancelled (BT cancelled my line in error, it cost me £75 to reconnect my Sky as a result. A previous services person had admitted fault, fixed the problem and given me some compensation for the 3-4 hours on the phone it took me to get the line reconnected and my old number back). It was only a couple of weeks later that Sky advised that they would reconnect but it would cost me £75. I recontacted BT to get the money back as the error had been theirs. I was then told by the handler I then spoke to that it had been my fault that the line was cancelled. I escalated this, was told to send a letter. On following this up over the last six months I have quoted numerous complaint references only to be told they have no record of those references, can I write in again and on one occassion the guy started to fight with me saying that it had been my fault. Other handlers have put the phone down on me. The most ridiculous excuse I last heard was that it was taking them time to track down recorded coversations of calls - 6 months?!?! As they couldn't even find reference to my previous complaints I doubt their ability to locate any call. I have sent repeated copies of the same complaint to the Durham mail address and have posted the complaint again on their website.

I have now sent all to Ben Verwaayan as recommended by your other user - please cross your fingers that poor Ben can get this one resolved too!!!

Thanks,
  • Drunkstar
    Drunkstar Posts: 889 Forumite
    Options
    Why did Sky charge £75 for reconnection?
    The "Bloodlust" Clique - Morally equal to all. Member 2
  • paperdoll84
    Options
    BT cut off my broadband this week because they have been sending the bill for my line rental to my old address despite moving my phone line to a new address. After an hour and a half on the phone to their call centre and speaking to 5 (some very rude) members of staff they managed to work out what the problem was and said our line would be working again in "about a week".

I googled "BT Complaints Email" this morning and came across this forum. Following the advise of other users I emailed Ian Livingston. Within 15 minutes from my email I had a reply from his personal assistant and since then I have had 2 phone calls from Senior Customer Service advisors. Both were very apologetic and our line has now been reconnected.

If you are having trouble getting an issue resolved I would definately recommend you send an email to [EMAIL="ian.livingston@bt.com"]ian.livingston@bt.com[/EMAIL]
  • MacManiac1953
    Options
    What a fabulous thread and reading it resolved my BT problem, which had been like shovelling smoke. Asked BT whether it was possible to transfer my telephone number to my new home (it's a BT Business Line with BT Business Broadband), which was in a different town but the same code. I was told this was possible and received an emal, followed by a letter, confirming transfer of service on the date I moved in. This was about three weeks before I moved.

Forty-eight hours before the move an email, obviously sent by an illiterate, arrived and told me the order was cancelled. There followed numerous phone calls with nobody able to tell me what the problem was. We moved in and found no telephone connection.

There followed nearly three weeks of telephone discussions and emails (thank heavens for my iPhone), and the involvement of the Complaints Department - all of which left me without telephone or broadband. Eventually BT told me it was not possible to transfer the number and offered me another number which I accepted. There followed order and payment for new business stationery (having had business stationery printed with the new address and transferred telephone number on).

Astonishingly no telephone service on the new number, and following more expensive telephone calls to BT (you can't dial 0800 number from a mobile), they eventually told me there was a fault on the line and would send an engineer to the exchange to sort it out. A number of telephone calls from the engineer later, it transpired he had been sent to the old exchange and not the new one.

My patience was finally running out and when BT telephoned to tell me that (a) my new number had been allocated to someone else, and (b) my broadband order had been cancelled and they would have to start the whole process again, I went in search of a BT Complaints Forum.

I found this thread, and painstakingly typed a long email on my iPhone to the chairman's email address. Five minutes later I had an automated email response, twenty minutes later I had a proper email response, and twenty minutes later a member of his staff telephoned and we went through everything in detail.

I was given a direct line number to her office. That evening at five past ten we had a call from an engineer who had been sent out to the correct exchange, and telephone service began. The next morning at 08.05 we received a call from the chairman's office to say that broadband would be activated by five o'clock that afternoon. At five past five I received a call from the chairman's office to find out the situation. No broadband and so I was transfered to technical support (no queue but direct transfer from her office), and heard their technical office say that broadband could not be enabled until the project file was closed. A voice from above interrupted the call and the technician was told that the chairman wanted this matter resolved then and there, and basically to get his finger out. Five minutes later and the matter was miraculously resolved and I was online.

Finally a call from their higher level complaints escalation team (I think that was what they are called), and a booked call for Monday to discuss financial compensation for losses incurred. I await that call with interest and will let you all know what happens.

So a great thank you to the members of this forum, and an even greater thank you for posting the email address. I don't know whether it might be better to remove the email address and have it available to be sent by PM. I would hate BT to change it or block it.
  • Lisa-Star-Dust
    Options
    When i came to BT as a new customer back in Febuary i took the deal with BT Vision, Broadband & Telephone line.

However when i checked my bank account £90.00 came out in the first month! With no bills coming through the door to explain why & what for.

When i tried to call BT I was on hold for 1hr 40mins and then when the call was answeared i asked them the reason for this large amount was debited from my account, the lady said she would put me on hold whilst she took a look at my account. Thirty minutes later the line went dead.
    When calling back again i was on hold for 1hr 15mins, then explaining what just happended the line went dead.
    The next day i tried again and the same happend, then again. The next day i tried again and an adviser said the sales adviser had set up for direct debits to be quarterly even though I said clearly it would be more cost affective for me to pay monthly. She was happy to change this and for all the hassle she said she would reduce the BT Vision to the same price as the first three months for the remaining 17 months. I was very pleased with this ,then she put me through to someone else who also very helpful and refunded the money into my account and apologies.

However once again in June £89.00 has been took from my account from BT which made me overdrawn as only half the amount was to go out, which then left me paying a bank charge.
    When i called a few weeks back the lady said the amount was correct but could not explain to me how!? then put on hold and the line went dead. SUPRISE SUPRISE!

Not only does BT take out unbelieveable amounts of money out of my account the BT Vision (reply) has not been working for the last two months, when calling the helpline they said Birmingham district has been down for a while and engineers have been working on it and we will be compinsated- Yea right!

Today (15th July 09) i recieve a letter to inform me that £9.91 will be debited from our account on 22nd July.

Money Money Money! email Ian the guy mentioned above tonight and got a reply within 5mins! Email him again.
  • EarlGrey_2
    Options
    Many thanks for advice to ring Ian Livingstone when BT repeatedly promise to solve your query then dont bother. I emailed IL at 7.30 last evening and problem resolved when I logged in this morning. I am now credited with £80. I was losing the will to live and this tip is first rate. BT rubbish - Ian Livingstone first rate.
  • bubblybaby4
    bubblybaby4 Posts: 40 Forumite
    Options
    Hello, can i have some advice please,
    In March my husband signed up for the Full house package of Bt Vision, Broadband and Bt Talk, for a cost of £31.31 for 3 months, then £44.26 after that. He recieved a confirmation email, stating all of this, including his £9.99 one of fee for the defunk Setanta Sport. We even ordered an engineer to set it all up for us, then we were told that this wasnt possible, We had many hassles recieving all the equipment, but eventually it all arrived, and we set it up and no problems.
    then on the 5 May we recieved a bill for £101.00 i phoned bt to arrange a direct debit and asked them to confirm what my costs would be she confirmed the above amounts and i was happy, then a few weeks later we recieved another bill for £106.00 this was on another account no. we could only speak to a foreign call centre and he just said that it would all work itself out as it was for charges in advance, stupidly i accepted this. Now on the 14th July we have recieved another bill for £106.00 i queried this again, and this have been told that we have not subscribed to Full house package, but that we have set up two accounts, one for Bt Vision, and Bt Talk and another for BT Broadband! this we did not do, The supervisor at the call centre said that there was nothing that we could do, but write to the complaints department.... enclosing our email confirmation and let them work it out. This doesnt really help us and in 4months we have paid over £300 instead of the £160 that we were expecting. As with lots of people struggling to stay afloat at the moment this we cannot afford. I read thru the message on the forum and have sent an email to Ian, and recieved a reply within 5 minutes saying that he is unable to access his emails but that a member of the Senior team will look into the problem. Will let you know what happens.
    Paula and Mark:mad:
  • BT_company_representative
    BT_company_representative Posts: 1,861 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hi, Can you send a private message and include the account numbers for all accounts that you hold with BT and one of the team will get back to you. Please also include a telephone number that is best to reach you on and a suitable time to call incase we need to speak with you.

Many Thanks
    Donna
    BT Support
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of BT. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure