IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Need opinions

Hi all I need some opinions on the matter at hand.
I work for a fm company who I was told all weekend and overtime we could park on site by senior managers.
I have therefore parked numerous times without problem until one day I got a ticket. After finding the attendant who I have spoken to before at work I was told he would get it squashed. I also have a fellow colleague witness this. So I left it at that then I had a letter saying I owe money so I took this to my employers who also own the land may I add and was told this would be squashed by them. Now this week I was told as it was after 28 days since the original ticket was issued it's beyond there control and I have to pay it. So I'm thinking my employer employs this firm to manage their spaces and it's beyond their control?
Do you think I should keep pushing this or back down even though I feel I was duped by the parking attendant so lost my first 28 days

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,255
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Which parking company?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Asherz88
    Asherz88 Posts: 5
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Pcp enforcement agency
  • Umkomaas
    Forumite
    If you're beyond the PPC's appeal window there's not much you can now do other than to see what their next move is.

Know your enemy.

Also known as Parkshield Collection Ltd, a member of the IPC where there was never any reasonable prospect of an appeal from you being upheld. Please read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, especially post #3 which will explain why appealing to an IPC operator (even if within the time frame) is pretty futile.

https://bmpa.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203629841-Parkshield-Collection-Ltd-Trading-As-PCP-Enforcement-Agency-And-P-C-P-E-A-

You are next likely to start receiving powerless debt collector letters, which can all be ignored.

The only way this outfit can force you to pay their trumped up charges is via the small claims court. They have hardly ever issued a small claim in the past 2 years, so chances of this happening are small. If you get court papers, come back and reopen this thread.

http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/Parkshield_Collection.html

You should now try putting pressure back on your employers - especially if they are the ones who contracted with Parkshield in the first place. Is this the QA hospital in Portsmouth?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

• Asherz88
    Forumite
    Yes this is the QA in Portsmouth also do I have no grounds on the fact I was told the parking attendant said he would squash it with a witness present so therefore I've been duped by this and as I know the company I work for can get these tickets wiped which is the route I would of took of he had said he couldn't done anything in the first place
  • Umkomaas
    Forumite
    edited 18 March 2017 at 9:26AM
    also do I have no grounds on the fact I was told the parking attendant said he would squash it
    Only guarantee would be via a judge at a small claims case. Otherwise it's only you who can badger and pester, but these outfits are pretty much immune - they deal with such hassle daily.

Did you not consider that he said he would get your charge 'squashed' (I think you mean quashed) in order to slide away from having a stand-up confrontation with you? It's a standard PPC method of handling such situations.

Try going back to your employer (are you a member of a trade union?) and pester there. I'm afraid there's no magic wand to wave at this, but this doesn't mean you have to pay the trumped up charge.

• Asherz88
    Forumite
    Well I have chatted to guy from time to time at work and I was nether going to be confrontational because that normally gets you no where. Unfortunately the cost of joining the union for me would not be beneficial due to the fact I don't get paid a awful lot from my employer. I'm going to keep pestering my employer and continue to ignore these letters as I feel I shouldn't be liable because I was told and numerous others we could park in said location in a specific area which I was. if it goes to court I feel I would have a reasonable case with enough witnesses to my claims would you not agree
  • Umkomaas
    Forumite
    if it goes to court I feel I would have a reasonable case with enough witnesses to my claims would you not agree
    The small claims court is a lottery for both you and the PPC. It's Russian Roulette - three chambers charged, three empty.

Depends whether you get a judge who's got out of bed on the wrong side, or one with a smiley face, freshly spanked and brandied up.

• Asherz88
    Forumite
    Ok well thank you for your help if this does go to court I will be sure to let you know.
    Thanks again for your help
  • Umkomaas
    Forumite
    Asherz88 wrote: »
    Ok well thank you for your help if this does go to court I will be sure to let you know.
    Thanks again for your help

If it goes to court, come back on this thread and we will help you in defending it.

• The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    edited 18 March 2017 at 11:18AM
    The small claims court is a lottery for both you and the PPC. It's Russian Roulette - three chambers charged, three empty.

You say that Umko, but who is a judge more likely to believe, a hard working lowly paid health care worker, or a lying cheating scammer who preys on the vulnerable?
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure