New Sky Deal on MSE - Not available

1235»

Comments

• lowmiles
    lowmiles Posts: 87 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Just bagged myself sky line rental and broadband for £84 a year!!! SAving over £280. Quick question do I need to cancel my talktalk contract or will that happen automatically?
  • EdwardB
    EdwardB Posts: 462 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    lowmiles wrote: »
    Just bagged myself sky line rental and broadband for £84 a year!!! SAving over £280. Quick question do I need to cancel my talktalk contract or will that happen automatically?

I am guessing that is the £64 deal plus £20 installation.

They are supposed to tell TalkTalk however it would not do you any harm to have them make a note on your account.

People have complained that TalkTalk have continued to charge for line rental, also that they have charged an extra month's fees and only crediting it back when client complain.

I cancelled my direct debit because I did not trust TalkTalk and sure enough they billed me the extra month AND they bill me for cancelling my direct debit, I told them to get lost and they eventually credited it.
    Please be nice to all MoneySavers. That’s the forum motto. Remember, the prime aim is to help provide info and resources. If you don’t like someone, their situation, their question or feel they’re intruding on ‘your board’ then please bite the bullet and think of the bigger issue. :cool::)
  • EdwardB
    molly57. wrote: »
    Good Evening

I have now signed up with BT on another MSE offer. The whole thing took less than 5 minutes with absolutely no problems at all.

So SKY you have missed out because you will not supply Broadband to customers with low speed.

You would think that Sky would have a Fibre upsell at say £85 for those clients who are under 2mb, in which case I would imagine you would be on here saying how wonderful they were.
    Please be nice to all MoneySavers. That’s the forum motto. Remember, the prime aim is to help provide info and resources. If you don’t like someone, their situation, their question or feel they’re intruding on ‘your board’ then please bite the bullet and think of the bigger issue. :cool::)
  • lowmiles
    lowmiles Posts: 87 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    EdwardB wrote: »
    I am guessing that is the £64 deal plus £20 installation.

They are supposed to tell TalkTalk however it would not do you any harm to have them make a note on your account.

People have complained that TalkTalk have continued to charge for line rental, also that they have charged an extra month's fees and only crediting it back when client complain.

I cancelled my direct debit because I did not trust TalkTalk and sure enough they billed me the extra month AND they bill me for cancelling my direct debit, I told them to get lost and they eventually credited it.

Nice tip I'll be sure to let them know, yeah had to pay a £20 connection fee taking it up to £84
  • kathygrif
    kathygrif Posts: 10 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Eventually got to the reason why I cannot get this offer.
    BT is reporting the wrong line speed to Sky.
    Postcode = OK Phone line = NO
    I had a poor connection several months ago, caused by a noisy line, which has been fixed and I have had a connection speed of over 5Mb for 3 months +
    BT Openreach is still reporting a line speed of 1.807 mbps to Sky for my number!!!
  • EdwardB
    Interesting way for BT to steal business from Sky by false reporting.

"Honest mistake Guv"
  • lstar337
    lstar337 Posts: 3,441 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    I signed up to the deal no problem, but had trouble finding a thread on MSE about it. Why is there not a thread setup to deal with each deal?

Anyway, I got the deal fine (living just outside Wells, Somerset).

Although a slight twist is that I didn't get £50 credit added to my first bill, I got £60 credit. Anybody else experience this?

I must say the bills seem hugely over complicated, but then so were BT's.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure