Hello - advice please!

2»

Comments

• Guest101 wrote: »
    Right so really your kids are missing out on approx. £42 per week? Get in touch with the CMS and make a claim.

(assuming no pension contributions and no kids in her household)

No kids and god knows about her pension...

Has she got any comeback regarding the payment or the claim for the CSA?? is she going to be able to worm out of paying it?? - its going to go down like a lead balloon when i tell here i am getting the CSA involved!! and will it make any difference that i earn 10+ grand more than her??
  • Guest101
    Guest101 Posts: 15,764 Forumite
    fatcat123 wrote: »
    No kids and god knows about her pension...

Has she got any comeback regarding the payment or the claim for the CSA?? is she going to be able to worm out of paying it?? - its going to go down like a lead balloon when i tell here i am getting the CSA involved!! and will it make any difference that i earn 10+ grand more than her??

1: What you earn is totally irrelevant. This is her contribution, not to you, but to her children.
    2: No there is no comeback
    3: If she doesn't voluntarily pay it, you can go down the collect and pay route and it's taken from her salary.
    4: what has she said about child maintenance?
  • hello and thanks for the replys

I have not yet asked her - she has told me that as i earn more than here she wont have to pay anything! - hence my questions.

She does have the kids every other weekend and two nights per week (just under 50%). my worry is that she states that she is the main carer, and makes a claim against me?? is this possible??? i would guess not by reading the statements below - i just want to be sure!

#she left the marital home and moved out leaving me and kids
    #all the addresses for the kids are at my address, school, bank accounts, doctors ect
    #i get the child benefit

I guess i need to ask her first and then do the CSA if she won't pay? or is there anything stopping me going for the CSA first? to give her a nice little present one morning....
  • NYM
    NYM Posts: 4,066 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    As you are claiming the Child Benefit, you are the main carer as far as the authorities are concerned.

You must have already spoken to her about the child support for her to say she wouldn't need to pay you anything?

If you are unable to reach an amicable arrangement directly with her, then go with the CSA,

I assume you're both reasonable adults that just need to get on with your lives and not try to out-spite each other. It may make you feel a little better but that it will be short lived.
  • Caroline_a
    Caroline_a Posts: 4,071 Forumite
    For me the bottom line is that this money is for your children. Even if you put it in an account until they are 18 and never touch it, they will thank you when they have a chunk of money to go to uni with or buy a car.

My ex never paid a penny for my daughter and ducked and dived to avoid paying anything. Says really what sort of a worm he is... Even £5 a week (which he regularly spent on lottery tickets) would have given her a few thousand to go to uni with.
  • Guest101
    hello and thanks for the replys

I have not yet asked her - she has told me that as i earn more than here she wont have to pay anything! - hence my questions.

She does have the kids every other weekend and two nights per week (just under 50%). my worry is that she states that she is the main carer, and makes a claim against me?? is this possible??? i would guess not by reading the statements below - i just want to be sure!

#she left the marital home and moved out leaving me and kids
    #all the addresses for the kids are at my address, school, bank accounts, doctors ect
    #i get the child benefit

I guess i need to ask her first and then do the CSA if she won't pay? or is there anything stopping me going for the CSA first? to give her a nice little present one morning....

Do you think that the CMS will be dumbfounded by her foolproof defence?.... - No they wont be
  • ok i will tackle her about it - i have avoided it so far as i have been really worried about "losing" my kids!

I have also just had a little "nudge" about a tax return as i had to give her a house that we had rented out - she has had all the income from it and i now have to submit and pay for a tax return and pay extra income tax on a income i have never received as i have been named on the joint mortgage and my name was not removed from it until recently! - lets see how that goes!!!

it just never stops!!
  • NYM wrote: »
    As you are claiming the Child Benefit, you are the main carer as far as the authorities are concerned.

You must have already spoken to her about the child support for her to say she wouldn't need to pay you anything?

If you are unable to reach an amicable arrangement directly with her, then go with the CSA,

I assume you're both reasonable adults that just need to get on with your lives and not try to out-spite each other. It may make you feel a little better but that it will be short lived.

you are correct it is not about out-doing each other it is about being reasonable and being adult - lets hope she thinks the same!
  • Guest101
    ok i will tackle her about it - i have avoided it so far as i have been really worried about "losing" my kids!

I have also just had a little "nudge" about a tax return as i had to give her a house that we had rented out - she has had all the income from it and i now have to submit and pay for a tax return and pay extra income tax on a income i have never received as i have been named on the joint mortgage and my name was not removed from it until recently! - lets see how that goes!!!

it just never stops!!

Remember you pay tax a year in arrears. So in January 2017, you are submitting for 2015-16. (seems obvious, but some people forget)

The reason I said have you got a solicitor, is that it may be useful to arrange a Child Arrangement Order now, rather than wait for the fireworks.
  • Yes i understand about the tax - i was just not expecting it!

Do i really need a child arrangement order? there is no problem and there has not been a problem regarding the contact they go to there mums twice per week and every other weekend. But jsut in case what is the cost?

I mentioned the maintenance payments earlier - it went down like a lead balloon....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure