TSB Current Account Switch Blagged Deal

Comments

• badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,200 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Not sure why you have resurrected this thread but, as you have ...
    phillw wrote: »
    The entire switching process is driven by debit card number, so yes it will hinder it.

No it isn't, so no it won't.
    If you don't have the card then you may be able to get the number from online banking or by phoning the bank.

Can you see any debit card numbers in your online banking? If so, please say which bank shows this. I have accounts with most, but not all, of the major banks and none of them shows my debit card details.
    The only reason there wouldn't be a valid card is if you don't have an account, which would definitely hinder a switch.

Wrong again. I have several accounts which have never had a valid debit card, because I didn't need one so declined the card.

One such account has been switched, and another is currently in the switch process.
  • It's now been increased to £130 to switch, so best offer on the table.
  • Pmarmalade
    Pmarmalade Posts: 175 Forumite
    Am I the only one who thinks they might fall short of 20 debit card transactions per month on some months?

I work out of town on an industrial estate and because of that, and for budgeting reasons, I just do a single food shop and top up with petrol once a week (8 transactions per month). Other than that it's just evenings out.

I'm sure I probably do more one-off purchases than I initially realise, but right now it looks like it might be an added hassle to check to always make sure I'm hitting this target every month and something I might forget.
  • badger09
    Pmarmalade wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thinks they might fall short of 20 debit card transactions per month on some months?

I work out of town on an industrial estate and because of that, and for budgeting reasons, I just do a single food shop and top up with petrol once a week (8 transactions per month). Other than that it's just evenings out.

I'm sure I probably do more one-off purchases than I initially realise, but right now it looks like it might be an added hassle to check to always make sure I'm hitting this target every month and something I might forget.

Still a good deal even if you don't hit the 20 debit card transactions every month.:cool:

£5 instead of £10 (assuming you have 2 different DD payments every month etc) and 3% on up to £1500, with no monthly fee.
  • pollyanna24
    pollyanna24 Posts: 4,370 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 17 May 2017 at 1:12PM
    Transfer all active credits and debits which must include a minimum of 2 active Direct Debits from your old account and close it. The Direct Debits must still be registered at least 28 days after the switch completes.

This is the paragraph that concerns me. I don't want to close my Nationwide account.

Does switching automatically close the account? What if I forget about a direct debit that I have set up on my old account and it bounces cos TSB has closed the account?
    Pink Sproglettes born 2008 and 2010
    Mortgages (End 2017) - £180,235.03
    (End 2021) - £131,215.25 DID IT!!!
    (End 2022) - Target £116,213.81
  • GROSS+5
    GROSS+5 Posts: 1 Newbie
    I believe I conformed to all the rules when I switched from another bank to TSB via this site on 1 March this year but so far no cash incentive received. I went paperless online, have their debit card and several DDs on that account. What's going on?
  • badger09
    Transfer all active credits and debits which must include a minimum of 2 active Direct Debits from your old account and close it. The Direct Debits must still be registered at least 28 days after the switch completes.

This is the paragraph that concerns me. I don't want to close my Nationwide account.

Does switching automatically close the account? What if I forget about a direct debit that I have set up on my old account and it bounces cos TSB has closed the account?

The 7 day CASS (Current Account Switching Service) on which all these incentives rely, does indeed close your old (switched) account. In your scenario, the DD won't 'bounce' because it would automatically have been switched to TSB with your Nationwide account. Occasionally, there are hiccups, but the CASS guarantees the new bank will sort it, and cover any charges arising.

As you don't want to switch your Nationwide account, you could open another one, either with Nationwide or elsewhere, make sure it has the required DDs etc for the switch incentive, then switch that one to TSB.
  • badger09
    I believe I conformed to all the rules when I switched from another bank to TSB via this site on 1 March this year but so far no cash incentive received. I went paperless online, have their debit card and several DDs on that account. What's going on?

I don't know the T&C of the switch incentive from March, but if you are sure you have fulfilled all of them, and the time specified for payment of the incentive has passed, you should contact TSB.
  • positiveR
    positiveR Posts: 57 Forumite
    Just opened the TSB via the newsletter link; online accepted and set-up in minutes. Switch (from co-op, only been there a month!) is due next Friday. How long before the bonus is paid?
  • Hello everyone, I am currently in the middle of my dissertation, for my masters course in marketing. I would like to ask if you could complete my questionnaire. I am trying to find out which age groups of consumers respond to which type of promotions the most in supermarkets. You can of course skip some questions if you want, and the questionnaire should take around 5 minutes. I will be very grateful if you take part. Thank you. Please message me for the survey monkey link to my questionnaire.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure