PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Monday 18 April 2016

nmlc
nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post
edited 18 April 2016 at 6:28AM in Old style MoneySaving
O/S Daily Monday 18th April 2016

This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Some people who chat here like to try to answer everyone. Don’t feel you have to though, a general “hi everyone, hope everyone’s well” is fine.

Morning everyone

Birthday wishes to those celebrating a birthday, hope you have a great day x

Hugs and get well wishes to those that want/need them x

Now light, cloudy and overcast but dry underfoot, not sure what the forecast says, I’ll put washing on the line if it looks like it’s going to be a dry day.

DH up and gone to work stupid early, DS1 now getting ready for work, DS2 still in his pit, but will wake him shortly to get ready for school.

Lunch yesterday was roast chicken, stuffing, roasties, mash, cauli/broc cheese, carrots, peas, Yorkshires and gravy, ice cream/treats from the tins for those that had room. Dinner tonight is going to be a clear up night, there’s some roast potatoes in the fridge that need using up, so will cut them up and sprinkle them with black pepper and grated cheese and reheat them, I have a small joint of ham to use up and I’ll boil some eggs, and cheese there’s plenty of pasta salad/coleslaw. Ican move what was on the menu for tonight to another night later in the week. I do need to get the filling in the Victoria sponge tonight too.
Back to work today for me, hoping for a busy one as the time just flies past.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB

Comments

• Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,010 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Morning everyone.

The forecast for today promised dry weather, I'm hoping that's accurate so I can give the back garden its first grass cut of the year. It's pretty cloudy just now, Jura is hidden completely.

When I got home yesterday I did my online banking, scanned some papers and had an early night. My cold is transforming into a cough and I need to stop that if I can. One of my fingers began to throb the other day, I had got a wee infection after chewing a hangnail is I had to burst the sac and get rid of the stuff, now it's healing well. I know it's a small thing even though it was blooming sore!

There's plenty of food in the fridge and freezer. I'm expecting OH back later today so will rummage when he's here. Other than that I'm aiming for a quiet day.

Hope everyone has a good Monday.
  • dumpling
    dumpling Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Good morning everyone :hello:

Just wanted to pop on and say to JackieO that I hope her brother gets well enough to have his chemo. I know it must be hard but I hope you can relax and enjoy your holiday with your friend x

Hubby has just left for work after an inordinate amount of faffing around :). The girls are starting to come down for breakfast as well. I will have a quick tidy round as my friend wants to come over for a coffee after she has dropped her daughter off to school.

I'm having a go at making paprika chicken and german potato salad for tea, which reminds me, I'd better get the chicken out :rotfl:.
    I made chicken chow mein yesterday and it was lovely and very healthy.

DD14 is doing her work experience this week at our local school. She is looking very smart in her outfit, I feel so proud of her as she is very shy and this is hard for her.

Well, I hope you all have a great day whatever you are up to, take care xx
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,002 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Morning All

Back to work for me today, seems like longer than 2 weeks that we've been off.

Forecast was for sunshine all day but it's raining at the moment. Not much washing to do so will leave it till tomorrow.

The BSD starts properly today! I've been playing at it for a couple of days and think I know what I'm doing now, just need to stick to it!

Have a good week, hugs to the poorlies. Take care. XX
  • System
    System Posts: 178,092 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Morning all.

Hubby and Youngest left for work just over an hour ago. I will see them on Tuesday night for Mom's funeral on Wednesday.

Had a fairly pleasing weekend (apart from the 2 hour lecture I got on Saturday night) but all things considered, not a bad weekend.

Shopping and running about all done Saturday. Jobs done in the house done Sunday. Hubby has taken down the stair gates for me and he's mowed the lawns. There's still a few changes I want to make in the house but need to roll them out slowly but I'm happy the way things are progressing.

Onwards and forwards

Have a great day all
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Morning all,

Nice bright day here and off to work for me, its all a bit up in the air atm as my boss walked out Friday due to stress and has been signed off sick, she has then handed her notice in and wont be coming back. I shall miss her so much as she has become a great friend too and I am worried about the future at work, who we will get in etc, we are short staffed as it is and this has put so much more pressure on us. :(

Lovely man coming to mow for us today it will be so nice to have it neat and tidy, the hedge looks fantastic, he has done a great job.

Think it might be fajitas for dinner but will go and check the freezer after this to make sure we have all the bits.

Have good days all xx
  • tru
    tru Posts: 9,138 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Morning [/FONT] :hello:
    elona wrote: »
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]You cannot put DH in a bin bag ;)[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Why not? :D[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I have the house to myself today, I'm soooo pleased about that. Normal day-to-day things have become events that need to be planned. Even making a cuppa involved a hunt for mugs and a carefully executed zig-zaggy walk across the kitchen.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I have a check-up and hygienist appointment next month, I always make them together to make sure I have as few visits as possible :D My front tooth is a bit more wobbly, I've been so careful with it because sometimes it feels like it could fall out at any moment but I'm not sure it's going to last another few weeks. There's no point rushing to the dentist because he can't save it anyway, it's dying. If I can hold on to it til my double appointment, I'll have to make one more appointment to have it removed and a bridge fitted, if I see the dentist now it'll mean three visits instead of two and a meltdown from me is quite possible :D[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]My kitchen chairs aren't very comfortable, the foam padding is almost flat so I need to replace it. I can't quite keep on top of the paperwork, there's just no room for it so I've decided to buy a desk but I can't quite find the perfect one. I'll keep searching til I do. There's quite a few things around the house that need sorting, I've just started writing a list on the laptop because I can't find my notebooks, they're probably buried under something at the moment.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm going to slowly plod through the piles of stuff today. I've already thrown some things out and I'm planning on throwing more. Binliners, cleaning cloths, dyson and steamer are at the ready :D[/FONT]

:beer:
    Bulletproof
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,632 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Morning everyone,

Cold, bright and sunny here, perfect Spring day.

Off to work this morning so my OH will run Mum home after breakfast as she has a blood test at the village surgery. Slight mishap last night as her wheaten cuddly toy that she takes to bed with her bed gave up the ghost in the microwave and started to burn :eek: no idea why as did it for the same time as always and my MW is no stronger than hers, guess they just have a certain shelf life. So have ordered her a new friend off the Internet and he should arrive tomorrow, he's a sheep :)
    We had roast chicken yesterday with loads of veg so we will have that tonight cold with more veggies, blueberries and yoghurt for afters.
    Jackie sending positive vibes and best wishes for your beloved Davey, take care of yourself m'dear.

Have a good day everyone xx
  • Morning all and aaaargh! I have just lost my first post!

No sun this morning, it's cloudy and windy but no rain forecast, so that's something! I have just been carving up the remains of yesterday's chicken and that's plated up in the fridge for later. The carcase is simmering away with some broth mix and veg for Mr TA's lunches the next couple of days.

I had a blitz on my winter clothes yesterday and was really quite ruthless! I have filled two charity bags already. Today I intend to start on my summer stuff and hope to be just as ruthless. I have been hanging on to clothes that never gets worn for long enough! I wish I could get Mr TA to be equally ruthless as he is still hanging on to stuff from the year dot!

Good luck with the BSD CAMELOT! SNOOZER thanks for the advice but, yes, nothing passes my lips without being weighed, calorie counted and logged. Despite a couple of lapses over the first two weeks I still managed to lose 5 lbs. Since I got stricter with myself, sticking rigidly to 800 cals and no wine (!!), I have lost nothing! So either my scales are stuck at 9st 12lb or I am!! I shall persevere a bit longer but it's disheartening, Especially after reading the BSD website forum about the dramatic quick weight losses some people achieve!

Off now for my yogurt and rhubarb compote breakfast so have a good day all and (((HUGS)))) where wanted/needed. Hope you get better news about Davey today JACKIE. Take care all xxxx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • Morning, ((((((((((hugs)))))))))) if you need one. OH is off to th Drs. for his INR and to put a script in. We will both need more melds fore next week. He will collect it in stead of waiting for delivery.

It's a bit dreich just now, hope it does not rain, I need to wash towels.

Our neighbour has COAD she was whipped off in an ambulance last night, guess she was having trouble breathing.

Busy week, I need to have everything sorted by Wednesday night. I am out all day Thursday, and we plan to set off after lunch Friday. We may not have Internet access, so possibly no posting.

Time to start the Monday clean.......
  • snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,582 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Hi everyone,

Good luck with the BSD Camelot. TA, I know how you feel, I'm fully expecting my weightloss to slow right down but I need to persevere because my stomach problems have completely disappeared since starting the BSD.

Picked up DD and her DH from the airport yesterday. They were on the runway in Ecuador when the earthquake happened, but luckily, apart from the plane shaking violently no-one was hurt. I told her DH he was a Jonah because he was in Thailand when the tsunami hit - I think they'd better avoid earthquake zones in future.

I've found a gentle yoga class to attend. I really want to improve my flexibility and balance but I thought that a normal session would be too much, hopefully I'll be able to progress. It starts on Thursday so I need to get something to wear and a mat. I think TKMaxx usually have cheap mats and I have some M & S vouchers for the rest so hopefully it won't be too spendy.

Have a good day.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport