Where can I sell used kids designer clothes?

Comments

• Sally_A
    Sally_A Posts: 2,266 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Haven't got a clue...but I love the way the heading shows on the forum is:-

How can I sell used kids

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • dizziblonde
    dizziblonde Posts: 4,276 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    But ultimately, everyone's heard of eBay these days. If they sell for peanuts on eBay then why would anyone pay more for them anywhere?

I have never used ebay and wouldn't have a clue where to start on it. I think I'm possibly the only person in the world.
    Little miracle born April 2012, 33 weeks gestation and a little toughie!
  • Person_one
    Person_one Posts: 28,884 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Sally_A wrote: »

How can I sell used kids

I came on the thread to say the exact same thing! Right at the top of the forum too! :D
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,978 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Sally_A wrote: »

How can I sell used kids

lol... same...

I just stuff it on ebeast but I'm lazy
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • JimmyTheWig
    JimmyTheWig Posts: 12,199 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I have never used ebay and wouldn't have a clue where to start on it. I think I'm possibly the only person in the world.
    OP, sell them to dizziblonde.
    She won't know the going rate on eBay so will think she's getting a bargain from you.
    ;)
  • Make-it-3
    Make-it-3 Posts: 1,661 Forumite
    As both buyer and seller on ebay, take your time and create a good listing:

Go for a free listing weekend (therefore nothing ventured nothing lost).
    Start your item at the minimum price you will accept eg £5 but don't price yourself too high. Better to start lower and have a few people competing for your stuff.
    Make sure you have good photos. If I'm searching I scroll quickly thru listings unless something catches my eye
    Ensure the designers name is in the heading

I reckon on average if you get 25% of the original purchase price you are doing well.
    We Made-it-3 on 28/01/11 with birth of our gorgeous DD.
  • mrs_B_5
    mrs_B_5 Posts: 316 Forumite
    There's the 'newborn & forever - buy / sell / swap group' that you could try on facebook?
  • Hallas wrote: »
    Hi

I'm having a massive clear out and would like to sell used childrens clothes. I have tried EBay but you get peanuts and I would like to generate more money from these items than giving them away for 99p!

Any recommendations/ advise? Ideally it would be great to sell the lot in one go but where?

Thank you

You should try a company called TooBigForThat - they sell high-end designer kids clothes for you and you can make up to 50% of their price! Hope that works for you. x
  • I had the same issue and in the end gave it all to charity. I could have done with the cash if they were £3-4 an item but at about 40p profit per item it was costing me more to get rid of them so my local Barnardos got it all
    :jBaby Boy born December 2012 :heart:
  • OrkneyStar
    OrkneyStar Posts: 7,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 12 December 2013 at 9:35AM
    Kayalana99 wrote: »
    Your just going to have to accept your not going to get alot for them.

End day an item may have cost you £20 new but anything you sell second hand espically in the clothes department drops dramitcly...people just don't want second hand clothes.

The people that buy second hand clothes are on a budjet and won't be looking to spend a fiver on one t-shirt or pair of trosers (esp if they are 2nd hand!!)

99p an item is not a bad price considering how much baby clothes we rack up!

I would probally recommed gumtree in bundles - only to save on ebay fee's but you will probally find pricing them to high will just get lost in the ad's.

Facebook groups are good to. I have seen a few friends using them with sucess but everyone is just out for a bargin.

Ebay reserve price - Ignore this, if you don't want to accept a lower price just start them at the lowest your willing to sell. Usally designer clothes get found easily but it depends what others are selling at if you will get bids (but at least you wont let them go for nothing if thats what you want)

Actually judging by e-bay, facebook selling, charity shops and the like people DO want second hand clothes, they want to pay low prices for them though too and that's the problem with designer.
    Even if you paid £20 or £30 or more per item, it's still not really worth a tenth of that in current markets, unless you are really lucky. A lot of folk (me included) don't see the point in designer for babies/kids!
    OOPS just seen how old this is, lol, and you have updated us op. Oh well.....:)
    Ermutigung wirkt immer besser als Verurteilung.
    Encouragement always works better than judgement.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure