Best Sim Only Deals (MEGATHREAD)

Comments

• what's happened to you on HUKD?
  • ZhugeEX wrote: »
    what's happened to you on HUKD?
  • Hi,

Would be very grateful if anyone has any suggestions for the best sim package for me...

I am starting a new job which involves a lot of driving and so will be using my own phone for sat nav purposes. (iphone 4)

So I need a reliable 3G service with unlimited data if possible.

If possible as many minutes as possible as I find my call credit always goes quickly (on o2 payg at the moment but not happy with it)

And 500 free texts or so would suffice.

I've seen some really good GiffGaff offers but I don't know much about what network they work off.

I'm based in London if that's of any use.
  • ZhugeEX
    ZhugeEX Posts: 1,163 Forumite
    what's happened to you on HUKD?

They don't like that I have a website now
    - https://www.hotsimonlydeals.com
  • ZhugeEX
    Hi,

Would be very grateful if anyone has any suggestions for the best sim package for me...

I am starting a new job which involves a lot of driving and so will be using my own phone for sat nav purposes. (iphone 4)

So I need a reliable 3G service with unlimited data if possible.

If possible as many minutes as possible as I find my call credit always goes quickly (on o2 payg at the moment but not happy with it)

And 500 free texts or so would suffice.

I've seen some really good GiffGaff offers but I don't know much about what network they work off.

I'm based in London if that's of any use.

They use the same network as O2. So network coverage and service will be similar.
  • ZhugeEX wrote: »
    - https://www.hotsimonlydeals.com

hmmm thats a shame.. it's a bit extreme to ban you though..
  • diamonds
    diamonds Posts: 6,048
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    ZhugeEX wrote: »
    - www.hotsimonlydeals.com

Your missing all the 1 month sim only deals ?
    SO... now England its the Scots turn to say dont leave the UK, stay in Europe with us in the UK, dont let the tories fool you like they did us with empty lies... You will be leaving the UK aswell as Europe ;)
  • ZhugeEX
    diamonds wrote: »
    Your missing all the 1 month sim only deals ?

Rather than have a longer list I just put in the network notes that it's £x amount extra for the one month version. Saves me duplicating the same deal.

What's your opinion on this? Should I keep it as it is or would you prefer one table with 12m/1m deals, or something else?
  • diamonds
    diamonds Posts: 6,048
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    edited 23 November 2014 at 8:12PM
    ZhugeEX wrote: »
    Rather than have a longer list I just put in the network notes that it's £x amount extra for the one month version. Saves me duplicating the same deal.

What's your opinion on this? Should I keep it as it is or would you prefer one table with 12m/1m deals, or something else?

Tables are easier for people to reference, its your website so its your call...

I will say I sped read and didn't notice, I was just wanting to quickly refer to the tables as I'm considering leaving 3 after my One plan loses tethering and unless I get a great deal for AYCE data for internet for use with my Roku stick at home, or else its back to landline broadband. I only use 5-10GB average a month.

I'll be jumping over to Vectone monthly sim for my main handset - £20 unlimited calls/texts/5GB with unlimited Europe, USA, Canada calls, includes mobiles.

The Vectone PC app anyone can call me free from to my Vectone mobile. True voip/mobile integration. Also a app for Android and iOS and I emailed the CEO about a Window Phone app given Windows 10 will be completely merged between handset and pc.

Also Vectone line rental is under £8.92 a month if you pay £107 upfront and the broadband is £3.25 for 6 months then for Vectone mobile customers then £6.50 (£13 for non Vectone customers)

Only advantage of 3 is on a second mobile with a Roku stick and free roaming, so if 3 beat Vectone Home with a good deal I'll stay.

Defo a bad call ZhugeEX on the HDUK front, bad they did that.
    SO... now England its the Scots turn to say dont leave the UK, stay in Europe with us in the UK, dont let the tories fool you like they did us with empty lies... You will be leaving the UK aswell as Europe ;)
  • lizifee
    lizifee Posts: 22 Forumite
    I'm on GiffGaff and I get 1GB, 500 mins and unlimited texts for £10 a month. It uses the O2 network and I live in Manchester and have never really been in a situation where I can't get signal!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure