Carboot sales in Wakefield or surrounding areas please

Hi there,

My boyfriend has just moved in with me and due to all the stuff we've now got I feel a car boot sale coming on. We're going to ebay some stuff but to do everything would take a year or so so we've decided a carboot sale would be quicker. Can anyone tell me where there's a decent (reasonable priced) one near Wakefield. I looked on a website last night and some didn't seem to run in the winter. I know there's one at Wakefield market but it said the pitch was £16 :eek:

Thanks
Let's start again (really need a kick up the bum now) :wall:
Virgin CC £9793.71

Comments

• sec79
    sec79 Posts: 343 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I found the most reasonable priced ones were run by the council, but they only run during the summer, mainly finishing by mid September. A friend has done a couple at Dewsbury at the rugby ground, she said they ran every Sunday morning throughout the year. I think the cost was £10 maximum.

You could drive past and have a look. I find most people are notoriously tight at car boot sales. so you don't want to spend most of your profit on renting a pitch.
  • He Pilchard,

I have used the one at Whitley Bridge a number of times and both times I have come away Happy. Whitley Bridge is straight down the M62 toward Hull but not as far, I believe it is Junction 34 of the M62 you can see the Car boot from the Motorway. The pitch cost me £12.00.
    If however the one in Whitley is too far for you there is one at Dewsbury Rams Rugby Ground every Sunday.situated just off the A650 near Osset.

Hope the above helps.
    MARCHING ON TOGETHER
  • Pilchard
    Pilchard Posts: 362 Forumite
    Thanks for the suggestions. I'll look at the one at Dewsbury rugby ground cos it's only about 4 miles form me. :j
    Let's start again (really need a kick up the bum now) :wall:
    Virgin CC £9793.71
  • Car bootless sale held at dewsbury (W.Yorks) market every sunday, all year round-just arrive & use existing stalls, these are already set up-early start start recommended-load goods onto stall & park in surrounding area-i believe charges vary depending on size of stall, approx £8..00 to £12..00-GOOD LUCK TO YOU
  • misspenny
    misspenny Posts: 273 Forumite
    was about to post the same question so glad i looked, when is the whitley bridge one held
    twins on board
  • ShaneUK
    ShaneUK Posts: 1,094 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Four to mention

1) Dewsbury Market
    2) Rugby ground in Batley area (this could be the "Dewsbury" Rugby ground above
    3) Crossgreen near Leeds
    4) Wetherby race course - this is a biggie!
  • misspenny wrote: »
    was about to post the same question so glad i looked, when is the whitley bridge one held

Sunday mornings through the year , we stood there last year , I think it was £12 but very busy
  • jollymummy
    jollymummy Posts: 944 Forumite
    I drove past a sign the other day for regular car boots starting in Fitzwilliam, think it was on a Sunday will double check the date when I drive by again next week :)
    :hello:
    NSD 3/366
    4/366. 2016 Decluttering challenge
  • alan1302
    alan1302 Posts: 8 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    The Fitzwilliam one is every Wednesday.

Alan
  • DitaBombita
    DitaBombita Posts: 554 Forumite
    Theres one starting either this or next weekend near Newhall prison in Wakefield drive past on way to work, is the place classed as Flockton?

there is a sign opposite a pub coming from the Elland Direction just before you get the the next pub on the roundabout with 2-4-1 meals, its name escapes me.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure