C&G Repayment Holiday Criteria?

Hi, i recently asked my mortgage lender C&G if i can have a repayment holiday as i'm struggling to pay up, i've never missed a payment and have had the mortgage for a year and a half. C&G said i couldn't have one and due to business decisions they can't tell me why!!??? It is completely rediculous, they just said a straight no, and no we wont tell you! Apparently i didn't meet some criteria that they now have and they wont even tell you what the criteria is!?
Does anyone know what criteria C&G have that you have to meet in order to take a payment holiday? I am absolutely baffled as to why they think it's acceptable to treat thier customers like this, especially in the time of a recession!
If anyone knows what this so called secret criteria is, i would love to know!
Thanks

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Hi, i recently asked my mortgage lender C&G if i can have a repayment holiday as i'm struggling to pay up, i've never missed a payment and have had the mortgage for a year and a half. C&G said i couldn't have one and due to business decisions they can't tell me why!!??? It is completely rediculous, they just said a straight no, and no we wont tell you! Apparently i didn't meet some criteria that they now have and they wont even tell you what the criteria is!?
    Does anyone know what criteria C&G have that you have to meet in order to take a payment holiday? I am absolutely baffled as to why they think it's acceptable to treat thier customers like this, especially in the time of a recession!
    If anyone knows what this so called secret criteria is, i would love to know!
    Thanks

Hi there

Unfortunately this did happen to us a few months back when we requested for this.
    The first time we asked they declined this, like youself at the time we missed no payments and had taken this out approx the same timescale as yourself or a little longer, but what we done then was contact lloyds who arranged this mortgage for us, explain the situation, we were told also to contact C&G again, then they arranged 2 free monthly repayments.

If lloyds arranged this for you, I would try contacting them, see if they can help you here. Good luck.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • Thanks for the advice, i just called Lloyds but couldn't help becuase C&G are closed until Tuesday (Easter), their opening times are abismal!
    Lloyds sounded helpful though, they said they can at least contact C&G and find out why i couldn't have one and also if it can be rectified which is GREAT news!
    The only thing i think of that they said no for is that my dad is stood guarantor on the mortgage, i.e. if i can't pay he does. Hopefully i'm in a position now to take him off the mortgage and they'll let me have the holiday. Fingers crossed!
    Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport