PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS Daily Sunday 7th Dec 08

Comments

• Essex-girl_2
    Essex-girl_2 Posts: 3,503 Forumite
    Good Morning All

Lovely crisp and frosty here too this morning. Luckily the heating is working at the moment, Gas man came yesterday and think that it is overheating so if it cuts off we leave it a while then reset it. He will be back Tuesday with some parts.

Didnt manage to post yesterday - dont know where the day went. We did mainly fun things so no excuses today - really need to get on. Just about to put a load in the wm and make a loaf of bread - will make another one later for the packed lunches.

OH has promised to hoover and wash the floors (with stardrops) of course and I need to get paperwork done as we are going to Lakeside tomorrow to completely finish our Xmas shopping.

I also need to menu plan today.

Well cant hang around here, have a lovely Sunday.
    x
  • Pooky
    Pooky Posts: 7,023 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Morning all

A really cold and frosty morning here in Kent too, even the roads are frosty - it looks so pretty.

Put our tree up yesterday afternoon, was one of those really lovely family times when no one argued, we were all singing away to Christmas music and enjoyed a nice glass of wine and some choccies....we then ate our dinner infront of the tree whilst watching "Fred Claus"...one of those real "memory" moments... :T (it all went pear shaped when the cats saw the tree and proceeded to climb underneath and try and bash every hanging thing they could find :D )

Car's off to the garage today - when we bought it the garage promised to get a few minor bits sorted but they keep fobbing us off so today we're going to go, sit and generally get in the way until they do something. They've promised us a courtesy car but I don't hold much hope of them having anything ready - if they don't get it sorted today then I shall be phoning trading standards :mad:

Dinner today will be........actually I've not thought that far ahead today, something light I think, maybe a soup.

We've also got some wine to bottle up and some wine to start off so endless rounds of bucket/dj/bottle cleaning...the results are worth it though.

Found some blackberries lurking in the bottom of the freezer yesterday so defrosted them and shoved them in with some rum and sugar...our very own "rum and black"....will leave it till new year to infuse but it's one of my most favourite drinks so it might not last that long.

Hope you all have a great day.
    "Start every day off with a smile and get it over with" - W. C. Field.
  • sistercas
    sistercas Posts: 4,803 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    morning all
    N9eav OH has had agood look round everywhere for a Wii and the deals seem to be very similar. we eventually got one from Dixon online which comprised of a wii console and game,, another game, extra remote and 2 wheels which came to £205:eek: best we could find at the time though ( bought it around 2 weeks ago)

Catzine I bought the £1.39 marzipan too yesterday and need to do my cake today:D
    Tru all those vouchers wow thats fantastic, I havent opened my calender yet ( I forgot till I saw your message :o )
    moliere feel free to 'moliere' we all love it:D still sending good wishes to the LO
    PenPin welcome back -how are you?

well its very icy here -have to take DD1 to her gym club
    cake to marzipan
    breakfast - yoghurt and fruit
    lunch - sausages roast parsnips roast potatoes savoy cabbage
    tea- ham sandwiches

have a good day everone
  • mioliere
    mioliere Posts: 6,838 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Well done on the vouchers, Tru! What a lovely surprise.
    KNIT YOUR SQUARE TOTALS:

Squares: 11, Animal blankets: 2
  • tired_mum
    tired_mum Posts: 2,340 Forumite
    Morning all
    Freezing and frosty here in Essex this am been up since 6.30 as next door but 2 thought it would be ok to put their puppy out in the front garden for an hour these are the ones with the chickens and cokckrel and also a garage full of rabbits in hutches and 3 cars with only 2 of them being able to drive so unsociable is not the word i would use this morning:mad:
    Loads to do today DD1 has been ill again this morning need to go back to the DRs as this has been going on for 2 years now but no one seems to know why:confused: DD2 is at a friends and needs collecting at 12.30 and then taking to bowling with the scouts at 1.30-3.30 i need to go to Tescos as have £15 off £60 spend last day todayand in between have housey stuff to do
    Essex will see you at Lakeside mon as DH and I are going to finish off the pressies DH has worked for 7 days well 6 nights and in at 5am today so i feel he deserves a day shopping:rotfl:
    Tru well done to DH & DS on the vouchers
    Not sure whats for lunch yet as mum isnt coming over
    Hugs for Tristan,Miolieres little cousin,Lesley, Smoky and all those who need one.
    Welcome to all the newbies ,lovely to see you back Pen Pin and all those who have been MIA
    Have a good day
  • CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,757 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Tru what a lovely surprise those vouchers must have been!

Sunnyday we had a house rabbit once that decided he wanted to be a "bunny in the forest" when we put the tree up. He spent two weeks under it and growled at anyone who tried to remove him. The cats were much better behaved by comparison :rotfl:

Taplady thinking of Lesley here too, and her family. I hope she is comfortable.

I did most of my cleaning yesterday, just one bedroom left to hoover and dust. I also have ironing to do. Ds took one look out of the window this morning at the iced up cars and pavements and announced that he is not going out today :rotfl: We will be making shortbread angels and stars this afternoon. I haven't tried the angel cutter yet, I hope the wings aren't too tricky.

I did have the same advent calendar as Tru, but somewhere around day 3, ds decided that I should have the milky bar one and he would have mine.

Take care everyone, and (((hugs))) to anyone that needs one.
  • Morning all
    Lovely to see you Mioliereing again Kathy, N9eave, tight is contributing £5 towards a climbing frame for your DGK's when you have £400k in savings, lol. You are just spending wisely.
    Not sure what todays plans are, I might put the Christmas tree up. We've had full english breakfast & will be having roast lamb for tea, I doubt we'll need much inbetween. I need to do a packup tonight for hubby's lunch tomorrow, ham lettuce & red onions sarnie, scotch egg & sausage rolls with a flask of coffee as he'll be out the house from 6 till 6.
    Have a good day everyone.
    Hugs Hester

Never let success go to your head, never let failure go to your heart.
  • taplady
    taplady Posts: 7,184 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Morning all! a nice frosty one here too! very Christmassy:xmastree:

Tru - great suprise with the vouchers!

pooky - it sounded a great afternoon when you were putting your tree up!

mioliere wrote: »

Taplady - your friend does have a lovely sense of humour, doesn't she? Lots of (((hugs))) to her.

she certainly does - the other day she was joking with her son that she had a bigger moustache than he does now!:D
    I phoned last night and she had improved slightly and was more comfortable.

I hope your little one also improves Mioliere(((hugs)))

(((hugs))) to Tristan

Plans for today OS wise are

HM butternut and sweet potato soup(on the go now)

Make a lemon drizzle cake for Mums elderly friend who loves them

write the Christmas cards out

go recycling and to the skip later.

take the dogs out as its a lovely day!

hope you all enjoy your Sunday - sounds like lots of you are busy today!

take care all x
    Do what you love :happyhear
  • Good morning everyone

It's gloriously sunny and frosty outside today. Looks fantastic but not enough to tempt me from my cosy living room. ;)

I've had a good week study-wise (and results-wise - got an A for my first assignment! :j ) so I thought I would pop in and see how everyone is doing instead of going onto my study forum where everyone is getting *very* pedantic about philosophy and its meaning. :rolleyes: I'm dreading this part of the course, can you guess?? :D

DS (16) and DD (12) are watching The Jungle Book right now. It's funny how they keep some of the child in them even when they are being grumpy teenagers.

troo can we put in requests? Something that might get rid of Cliff and Shaky? ;) Well done on the vouchers. :T
    taplady (((hugs))) to your friend.
    Sunnyday Happy Birthday to your DDad.

Today's plans are to put up the Christmas tree. Catznine, it's early for us too but it looks so Christmassy out there that I think I've talked myself into it. :D

No idea what's for dinner as I haven't checked the freezer yet but will do that when I've posted here. WM needs to go on as does the BM. Think I will also make a big pot of lentil soup.

(((Hugs))) to all who need them and :j to those with something to celebrate. xx
    "Bad planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."
    - Proverb
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Morning all,

Feeling a bit delicate here this morning after out night out, but we had a great time, so it was worth it :beer: .

Very frosty and cold here, dd had gone of to watch one of her step brothers play football, and is wrapped up in coat, scarf, hat and gloves, she insisted that she did not need any of it :rolleyes: , but I made her, wicked mother that I am :D

Roast chicken for dinner later, one of my bargain ones from yesterday, and other than a quick trip to MR T to pick up a new fish slice, and a bracing walk along the beach with little dog, I shall be firmly sat on the sofa for the rest of the day, I might sit and write my Xmas cards, I need to post some to the USA, hope I am not too late.

Smoky, nice to see you posting xx

Hugs to Tristian, and Lesley and the little one xx

Have good days all xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills