E.ON uSwitch Fixed 1 Collective Oct 15

Comments

• Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    ToTo_Man wrote: »
    Did the uSwitch switch today and it was pretty straightforward, so fingers crossed everything goes smoothly in the forthcoming days….

Glad all's going well ToToMan. Just thought I'd let you know, as collective tariffs sit outside our main frameworks, they're handled manually. For existing customers, it can take 4-5 working days before they hit accounts but don't worry, they'll start from when we receive the application.

You'll receive an email from uSwitch followed by emails from us (one for each fuel) confirming the details. If you've registered with our website, once logged on, you'll be able to see the change on the right hand side of the first page as soon as it's gone through.

Hope this helps ToToMan.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Stompa
    Stompa Posts: 8,348 Forumite
    Shrimply wrote: »
    So just to confirm, having just switched to EON through the MSE collective switch. Once that switch completes, you can then switch again through USwitch to a slightly cheaper tariff and potentially get £22 from topcashback.

And you'll still get the £30 cashback from the cheap energy club?

Surely that's not right.

I have a suspicion that the £30 CEC cashback requires you to stay on that tariff for a certain amount of time (3 months?), and perhaps doesn't get paid if you switch away before that?
    Stompa
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Shrimply wrote: »
    So just to confirm, having just switched to EON through the MSE collective switch. Once that switch completes, you can then switch again through USwitch to a slightly cheaper tariff and potentially get £22 from topcashback.

And you'll still get the £30 cashback from the cheap energy club?

Surely that's not right.

Hi Shrimply

Not sure how cashback works here as this is dealt with by the switching sites. Probably one for MSE Dan. As far as the tariff is concerned, it's fine to go from one E.ON product to another. You will, though, still need to go through uSwitch. Using a third party is one of the rules regarding collective tariffs.

I've posted a bit of information above in reply to ToToMan that might be of interest too.

Hope this helps Shrimply.

Malc
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Shrimply
    Shrimply Posts: 869 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thanks Malc,

Hmm, interesting, I'm all for saving a couple of extra quid. Would be interesting to get an official response on the requirements for cashback from the cheap energy club.

I've had a quick look through the terms and conditions and can't see anything that says the cashback has requirements of commitment over completing a switch.
    You're welcome Shrimply.

On the cashback, hopefully Dan's monitoring this and will be in touch. If not, might be good to drop an email to [EMAIL="energyclub@moneysavingexpert.com"]energyclub@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL]. Sure he'll be able to put your mind at ease.

Malc
  • redux
    redux Posts: 22,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 2 October 2015 at 2:50PM
    Pincher wrote: »
    If I was a supplier, there is no certainty that anyone who registered will actually switch, so I suspect they just set a price they were going to offer anyway. Catch a few gullible fish with the Collective Switch, then bring out the same tariff a month later.

You might assume so, as that is what happened within a few days with respect to the MSE Big Switch deal about a year ago, but I'm not so sure this time.

A comparison right now for this area shows E.on's best normally sold fixed tariff a couple of hundred quid adrift of rivals.

I wonder if they are concentrating for the moment mainly on tendering for collective tariffs rather than their own retail.

It may not matter if price trends stay the same or rise, but if we see further price drops in the next few months, the people who switch in to collective deals now may be hoping that their supplier's ordinarily sold prices will also stay competitive.
  • Pincher
    Pincher Posts: 6,552 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    redux wrote: »
    A comparison right now for this area shows E.on's best normally sold fixed tariff a couple of hundred quid adrift of rivals.

I wonder if they are concentrating for the moment mainly on tendering for collective tariffs rather than their own retail.

It may not matter if price trends stay the same or rise, but if we see further price drops in the next few months, the people who switch in to collective deals now may be hoping that their supplier's ordinarily sold prices will also stay competitive.

Aren't they obliged to tell you of a better deal these days?

If existing customers are on a £1,000 tariff, and the MSE collective switch is £800, they don't have to tell their customers, because it's an MSE deal, NOT US. On the other hand, if they brought out a one year fix for £800 in their own name, for general consumption, they have to tell existing customers, who will all say cheers, and switch to the £800 tariff.

Instant shoot yourself in the foot, £200million instant loss, if you had one million customers.
  • beansy
    beansy Posts: 410 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thanks for this.
    I have been away on holiday and just before we went a letter from EON our current energy provider popped through the door but I left it till we got back today.

It was to advise us that our current 1 yr fixed tariff ends on 10 Nov, so I quickly logged onto MSE's energy site to see what was on offer to find we had just missed the MSE EON collective switch offer. We are very happy with the service received from EON (who we also use for our FIT readings on our solar panels and their service is second to none!) over the last few years so I was very reluctant to switch to one of the up and coming providers such as Robin Hood, etc LOL. Then to my delight I came across this thread about the Uswitch collective switch and made a quick check on TCB and found the same deal.
    Signed up and should make a saving of £73 on our current tariff increasing to £167 pa when our existing tariff ended and the new one kicked in.

So well pleased with the outcome, not to mention a £22 cashback from TCB.
    :T :j :beer: :j :T
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,818 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    I am currently paying £402 for electric only with the MSE switch. It would be £393 with the new USwitch tariff and their cheapest public offering is £517, 28 - 31% dearer. How can they justify these differences ?
  • dj1471
    dj1471 Posts: 1,968 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    molerat wrote: »
    I am currently paying £402 for electric only with the MSE switch. It would be £393 with the new USwitch tariff and their cheapest public offering is £517, 28 - 31% dearer. How can they justify these differences ?
    They don't have to justify them - they're a profit-making business.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure