WOW I must be serious this time.....I have a diary

Comments

• Trixxibell
    Trixxibell Posts: 699 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Apps to the rescue

Just downloaded a free counter app to count down the 100%

And added the debt challenge date and the SPC to an app date countdown

These visual aids will help me greatly especially as I use my phone loads so a constant reminder of my goals.
    3rd LBM July 2014: Debt [STRIKE]£31,416.68[/STRIKE] Down To: [STRIKE] £23,403.43[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]15th July: £25,709.83[/STRIKE] 26th March: £31,229.68
    CC £0 :j WFTC £1660, SLC £6600, Car £18,654, Emergency Fund £1,000 :T
  • mum2one
    mum2one Posts: 16,279 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    thats a date for Las Vegas... xx
    xx rip dad... we had our ups and downs but we’re always be family xx
  • Trixxibell
    Mum2one,

I will leave the CC at home though :rotfl:
    3rd LBM July 2014: Debt [STRIKE]£31,416.68[/STRIKE] Down To: [STRIKE] £23,403.43[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]15th July: £25,709.83[/STRIKE] 26th March: £31,229.68
  • mum2one
    Xmas Saver!
    Trixxibell wrote: »
    Mum2one,

I will leave the CC at home though :rotfl:

At least your have one... think one never exist again 4 me!! :o (maybe thats a gd thing with my dmp!) xx
  • Trixxibell
    Morning,

About to ready to go to work more OT today.

Been reading a lot to help change my mentality towards money. Read the four rules on the YNAB site.

Rule one
    Give every pound a job - I like the idea of this at the moment I only budget for bills and then I leave the rest of the money in my bank and use it for the rest of the month. I like the idea of having categories for everything as this on of the main reasons I end up with £10 in my bank before next payday.
    I tried envelopes but didn't work well as I then had physical cash in the house and it was to easy to dip into.

Rule Two:save for a rainy day finally a rule I'm already doing now saving for Christmas and I have a emergency fund. But need to budget yearly bills and start saving for them. I like the idea that you use the budget to tell you how much money you have and not the account balance.

Rule Three:
    Rolling with the punches is a real realistic idea to budgeting I really like yes every month is different because that's life. I like the adjustability of the approach.

Rule Four:
    Living on the previous months income I'm not sure if this is achievable when in debt? Has anyone achieved this before becoming debt free? At the moment I will focus on clearing CC then maybe after that I can adopt the fourth rule before tackling the car loan.

Are there many out there who have the YNAB app does it work well?

Better get off to work...
  • Steerpike88
    Steerpike88 Posts: 147 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Trixxibell wrote: »
    Morning,

Rule Four:
    Living on the previous months income I'm not sure if this is achievable when in debt? Has anyone achieved this before becoming debt free? At the moment I will focus on clearing CC then maybe after that I can adopt the fourth rule before tackling the car loan.

Are there many out there who have the YNAB app does it work well?

Better get off to work...

I love YNAB! :p
    I don't think you can really follow the fourth rule whilst in debt. I think it's the ideal you're to strive for, it enables some peace of mind. It's best to pay off debt as quickly as you can.
    YNAB makes my money work for me, it also really gets you thinking about how much you're spending in the month and throughout the year on things.
    Carry on with you're budgeting!
    Debts: ASDA Loan - £6,848.01
    Xmas Fund: £15/700 2%; Holiday Fund: £256.05/2000 12.8%; Emergency Fund: £25/700 3.5%;
    VSP: £127.44/300 42.4%
  • Trixxibell
    Hey everyone,

I'm sure the entire world of MSE is enjoying the sunshine, (slight over exaggeration, I know) I'm recovering post night shift, slept until 12 then the older two came home as they broke up early for last day of term. So I'm knackered and a little bit drowsy but it's too warm and noisy outside too go back to sleep.

I think I will be definitely getting YNAB on payday done a lot of research looked at youtube videos and screen shots and read articles and blogs about it think it will really help me. Just be prepared for a lot of questions MSE's.

Well yesterday before my night shift I finally got accounts open for the kids mentioned a few posts back. OH will be putting money in here for pocket money etc.

I checked my account balances of savings account I overestimated by a month so I've updated those figures in my signature.

I have paid for OHs insurance on my CC but will be paying it off on payday. I will be paying £600 off my CC on payday so I won't be paying the interest, and pads will be covering my minimum payment I think.

I should get my OT from this week next Thursday will pay a minimum of another £100 off my CC.

Got more OT booked for next week so should be able to get CC balance to £2000 by end of July. Which means I should be able to meet deadline of 1debt vs 100 days. 84days to go and counting. OT not guaranteed so got to make sure I'm putting as much to CC as possible with each pay cheque.

I'm so excited about YNAB think I might start sorting out my categories even though I haven't brought it yet. Gutted I just missed out on the sale for it though.

I will be working all weekend typical as the weather is meant to be glorious but I can't moan get paid a little bit more for weekends.

Enjoy the sunshine everyone. Sorry for bad grammar and any spelling mistakes, it was a busy 12 hour shift with no break. The joys of the job xx
  • Hi hon

Stupid question - what's pads? You've mentioned them before and I'm not really sure what you're on about!

It's nice to hear you're getting yourself sorted and are looking forward to YNAB. I've heard a lot of good things about it on here and if it works for you that's brilliant.

Bit crummy you're working this weekend but as you said, at least you'll get the extra cash plus you'll also miss out on the sunburn, heat stroke, tempers flaring because of the heat. When put like that I may come and join you!

Have a good sleep hon :) xx
    CC1: 10273.70/6892.56. CC2: 1000/832
    Cat1: PAID :j Cat 2: Paid :j Cat3: Paid :j Cat4: paid :j Family: paid :j CC3: paid :j M/A: Paid :j.
  • mum2one
    Xmas Saver!
    Sassychic - PADS - that stands for a payment a day, whether its 1p or £1 extra on the debts

my turn to ask - whats a YNAB??? xx
  • dawnybabes
    dawnybabes Posts: 2,565 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    You need a budget

IRS a software package that lots of people rave about.
    Sealed pot challenge 822

Jan - £176.66 :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family