Mind change to debt thanks to MSE forums!

Comments

• Hi Trixxibell

So happy that you found me and that I've inspired someone! I'm sure you'll do well and will love to chat so we can keep each other going - FinanciallyUnsavvy has been motivating me so check her diary too!

Have a great day!
    CC1: 10273.70/6892.56. CC2: 1000/832
    Cat1: PAID :j Cat 2: Paid :j Cat3: Paid :j Cat4: paid :j Family: paid :j CC3: paid :j M/A: Paid :j.
  • Hi FinanciallyUnsavvy

Just had a quick look and the Virgin Easy Access Cash eISA has "Rate 1.61% TAX-FREE1/AER2". No idea if that's good or not but it's better than the money sitting in my account and possibly getting spent!
    Cat1: PAID :j Cat 2: Paid :j Cat3: Paid :j Cat4: paid :j Family: paid :j CC3: paid :j M/A: Paid :j.
  • Just popping in to say hi - hope you're doing good & have had a good weekend! x
  • Morning all!

Monday is here already and through the drudge of trying to wake up I realised that this weekend I had spent precisely no money!!

So I went to Sainsbury's to take my daughter's shoes back after school on Friday and they didn't have any boots in her size at all so we got a credit note from them (I'd forgotten to bring the card they were paid from). I also found out that it is ok for my daughter to wear the shoes she is currently wearing so we'll stick with that until we're next in the city and we can get some shoes that are more suitable & usually cheaper - oh, and we can have our free coffee!!

On a self-control level. While we were in the store my daughter saw 2 things she wanted and could only afford one with the money she'd saved on her pocket money. Normally I would offer to help her out and for her to pay me back but this time I was really good and made her choose. She eventually opted for the item she could afford and not the one that was a few pounds over her budget. A good lesson for us both I think.

I was also able to put £25 into my Christmas savings account which means this month I am up to £40 alone! YAY ME!! My aim is £25 a month minimum so soon as I've got my target I can put anything else onto debts, sure I've said this before but there you go!

That's all for the weekend. I do have to go shopping today for a few bits that I forgot last week but I have a list and I WILL stick to it!

Have a good day :)
  • Ooh, just remembered!

I wanted to put a shelf up in my daughter's room but wasn't sure where to put it & tbh didn't want to go spending money just for a whim.

Then my darling angel remembered that I had corner shelves in the cupboard that I had taken down about 4 years ago when I redecorated her room. This meant that not only did I already have a shelf but I already had holes in the wall! I'd covered them up with a poster as I'd forgotten to fill them in when I'd decorated.

So there's now a "new" shelf up that cost nothing and made no mess and it all looks lovely!
  • So, today was another NSD and I managed to put another £5 away for Christmas. Have reached my monthly target already and am on the way to Feb's so very happy.

Tonight for tea we had pitta bread pizzas which has got to be one of my most favourite quick and easy teas ever. Between the 2 of us we had 5 pitta breads, a few handfuls of sweetcorn, about an 8th of tomato puree, half a bowl of cheese and a slice of ham. Worked out tonight's tea cost 36p per pizza. Can't complain with that!

Also, paid another £125 off the credit card so that balance has gone down nicely. Got a small shopping list for tomorrow but that's ok.

Oh, also done 2 more surveys on nectarcanvass so now have 260 points from there,so that's a bit more towards Christmas food - perhaps a sprout lol!

Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!
  • RainbowBridgeReturns
    RainbowBridgeReturns Posts: 408 Forumite
    edited 28 January 2014 at 8:03AM
    Hi it's nice to meet you Sassychick, I love your user name. That is the attitude!

I have always worked around DS too, and I have weaknesses with spontaneous spending and a fondness for spreadsheets.

Keep up the great work and focus!!

P.S. Do you have to fly to use the Virgin Lounge?
    "I wondered why the Frisbee was getting bigger, and then it hit me". £9/£250
    Project Peacock - 2/33 - 1lb/7lb target.
    £6.00 a day challenge £118.77/£170
    Mtge debt includes car purchase - £46,381/ now £44,336 - Paid 4.4%
    Emergency Savings 550.00/£1000
  • Morning RainbowBridgeReturns

I love your user name too, all sparkly and colourful!

I'm obsessed with my spreadsheet, think it's part of my mild ocd that's lingered from when I worked a "real" job!

No, you don't have to fly to use the Virgin Lounge. Think there's only 3 in the UK and I happen to be lucky enough to live near one.

Have a great day!
  • Hi FinanciallyUnsavvy

I just spotted your message from Sunday, strange how I missed it yesterday. Hope all is well with you & you hear about that job today!
  • So, we walked home from school yesterday and in again today. Well, I say walked. We got picked up by friends driving that way to school & the same home so technically we walked to the end of our street! BUT! My car didn't move anywhere so that's another 90p into the pot, I think that's allowed lol
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure