DMP Mutual Support Thread - Part 12

Comments

• January2015
    January2015 Posts: 2,369 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Anyone had to deal with Natwest? Do they like to add charges to their loans & overdrafts so far all I've had is the monthly interest added to the loan.

I would write to NW and request all interest charged since they were notified of DMP is refunded. Explain you have not made the decision to enter a DMP lightly and the only way you will be able to clear your debts is if creditors support you. Request the account is defaulted as promptly as possible.

NW refunded all our interest and it was frozen.
    DFW Nerd No. 1484 LBM 07/01/15 Debt was £95k :eek: Now debt free and happy :j
  • I would write to NW and request all interest charged since they were notified of DMP is refunded. Explain you have not made the decision to enter a DMP lightly and the only way you will be able to clear your debts is if creditors support you. Request the account is defaulted as promptly as possible.

NW refunded all our interest and it was frozen.

Thank you I have just made my first DMP payment (5th Jan) and made a token payment to my Natwest loan of £5 in December.

They are refusing to deal with payplan as they claim some details are wrong (they aren't) so I have made a complaint to them online and have a letter to post tomorrow.
    Student nurse 2018 to 2020
    Debt: DMP (with Payplan) £8194 - 6.6 years left
  • hign10pines
    hign10pines Posts: 380 Forumite
    edited 7 January 2018 at 6:38PM
    I have a quickquid debt defaulted May 2012 about to fall off this year. I have just received the 'sold' email/letter from qq and 'notice of assignment' email/letter from motormile.

This debt has been in dispute due to balance amount and refusing payment plan for what I want to pay since 2015. It was originally sent to ARC. Should I send the prove it letter as well as cca request?

Once it drops of my file what happens then?
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,841 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    I have a quickquid debt defaulted May 2012 about to fall off this year. I have just received the 'sold' email/letter from qq and 'notice of assignment' email/letter from motormile.

This debt as been in dispute due to balance amount and refusing payment plan for what I want to pay since 2015. It was originally sent to ARC. Should I send the prove it letter as well as cca request?

Once it drops of my file what happens then?

CCA request admits the debt is yours, provit letter does not.

Nothing happens when it drops off your file, you are still liable, it won’t become statute barred, until at least 6 years of non payment have elapsed.

If you have a dispute, you should make a written complaint to the original lender, they then have 8 weeks in which to send you a final response, if you remain unhappy, you then take it to the financial ombudsman and allow them to come to a conclusion.

That’s the correct procedure and the only one a lender/creditor will recognise, it’s not enough to just say it’s in dispute, you must follow correct procedure, failure to do so will result in your dispute going unheard.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • sourcrates wrote: »
    CCA request admits the debt is yours, provit letter does not.

Nothing happens when it drops off your file, you are still liable, it won’t become statute barred, until at least 6 years of non payment have elapsed.

If you have a dispute, you should make a written complaint to the original lender, they then have 8 weeks in which to send you a final response, if you remain unhappy, you then take it to the financial ombudsman and allow them to come to a conclusion.

That’s the correct procedure and the only one a lender/creditor will recognise, it’s not enough to just say it’s in dispute, you must follow correct procedure, failure to do so will result in your dispute going unheard.

Thank you so I should ignore Motormile for now even though they have bought the debt and complain to QQ?

Once it's fallen off my report can it be re-added?
  • hign10pines
    hign10pines Posts: 380 Forumite
    edited 7 January 2018 at 8:03PM
    Going to stay in a managed DMP till around April then go self managed paying £1 each for a few months. I'm hoping to do f&f's beginning of 2019. It's a waiting game to see when I'll get defaults. Should these be started to the start of the DMP?

Should I write to all creditors (4) now asked to default my accounts?
  • I would put it all in a single letter :)

Write and advise you cannot afford to pay anything for 6 months, but you are committed to paying off your debts and in order to support you, you formally request the account(s) are defaulted as promptly as possible. Make it clear you realise the impact this will have on your credit reference files, but you also have not taken the decision to enter a DMP lightly. Finally, just put that in order to ensure all your records for the account (s) are up to date you are also making a CCA request (use the correct wording which you can find on this site - sorry, don't have time to locate the link for you right now).

Hope this helps :beer:

Thank you. One letter definitely sounds easier.
    #7... 3 - 6 month Emergency Fund Challenge (part 2)
    #25... 2024 Cash Envelope (or online) Saving Challenge

• Does anyone know- Is it necessary to sign my signature on letters? I have always done this but I read somewhere that I shouldn’t as some creditors have been known to copy & paste when ‘making up’ documents :shocked:
    #7... 3 - 6 month Emergency Fund Challenge (part 2)
    #25... 2024 Cash Envelope (or online) Saving Challenge

• motivated
    motivated Posts: 3,044 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Does anyone know- Is it necessary to sign my signature on letters? I have always done this but I read somewhere that I shouldn’t as some creditors have been known to copy & paste when ‘making up’ documents :shocked:

I always print my name on my letters to creditors. Just in case.
    M
    Emptying my lake with a teaspoon
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,841 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Does anyone know- Is it necessary to sign my signature on letters? I have always done this but I read somewhere that I shouldn’t as some creditors have been known to copy & paste when ‘making up’ documents :shocked:

Makes no difference as there is no requirement for a signature on a copy of a credit agreement.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure