PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Comments

• mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    You have a wind down VJsmum and just drift and recuperate xx
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    VJsmum wrote: »

I have done no work :o

Quite right too :)
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • nursemaggie
    nursemaggie Posts: 2,608
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    After the very cold wind that got up this afternoon, I wish I was coming with you VJsmum. Do enjoy your holiday.

I could have done with that idea about the card for DS when I got rushed into hospital. He finished his last exam at collage the day before and so had finished. I was planning on going shopping and going to the bank that morning.

Normally he would not have got up that morning, it would probably have been just as I got in as he would have been waiting to see if I bought any crisps. There was nothing in the fridge and only two pizzas in the freezer. While I was in hospital for a week he ate the two pizzas, some biscuits and finished off all of the cereals and the bread. I think he may have eaten at a couple of friends. He used the £10 in my purse to visit me in hospital twice. He had no money to fetch me home and my other son refused to lend us some money to get me home.

That morning I had to shout and shout because I had passed out at the top of the stairs, fallen down the four steps to the turn and could not get up. DS called the ambulance. They would not let me have my handbag so I had nothing.

There was no provision for an over 18 year old school boy being penniless. They were very annoyed with me for not having anything. Where did they think I was going to get any money from with no handbag and no clothes. I am sure I was not the only emergency admission with no access to an adult.

I have kept £200 in the house ever since. We both borrow from it and put it back same day but thank God we have not needed it again. I don't let the freezer go empty any more.

The hospital sent me home in an ambulance when they realised there was no one to fetch me. Too late for us to get any food.

I went to town today. Did not realise how icy and strong the wind was. As I was approaching the bus station the wind grabbed my trolley and pulled me into the bus station. I ran all the way in, it was a good job the doors are automatic. I have not run that fast for years. :rotfl::rotfl:
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    edited 5 January 2018 at 7:49AM
    Morning all.

I didn't get any cleaning or tidying done yesterday as I realised that I had to be a bit more radical. So, in my wisdom I decided to start completely sorting out and organising everything I have here. You know how it goes. Everything is pulled out and the top of the house had piles of sorted, half-sorted and waiting-to-be-sorted heaps all over the place.
    It's a pity I didn't check my emails during the day, but I was full of self-righteous busyness.
    When I finally got round to picking up my tablet just before I got into bed, I was pole-axed to discover that I had a house viewing booked for 11.30 this morning.

Cue little old lady going around the house like a whirling dervish gathering up armfuls of detritus and stuffing them into bags, boxes, drawers and cupboards.
    I don't think I will be able to find anything ever again.

This morning there will be some fast, surface cleaning, so the viewer will be assailed by the perfume of bleach, disinfectant and polish. As long as it's not aroma of dog we will be winning.

I hope everyone is well. You must be excited VJsmum.
    nursemaggie, I would have loved to see you doing your Ursain Bolt impression in the bus station.
    karcher, don't you dare pretend positive just for us. When positive is REAL we will all rejoice with you, but until then just tell us how you are feeling and we will cluster round you in support.

OK. Let battle commence.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Mama says, "Nothing cleans the house like company coming."
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • mardatha
    LOL monna what you need is moi, down there with the RV for a wee holiday. I'd get your place tidy - but you'd be left with nothing that isn't glued nailed or built in and you'd be in total :eek::eek:
    My laptop is out of warranty with JL in 3 weeks and it has suddenly started to die on me if I pull out the power cable. The battery says 97% full and charging but it's lying. I paid £850 for it and don't really want to take it in to JL as the last one, my big lovely Toshiba, went back for a fault and was never right after it, had some other new probs when it came back, plus it was scratched. I'm wondering if I can just run this one on mains power as that would be fine for me..
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,189
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    Mar save everything, including your shortcuts, to a usb stick... then ring JL ;) If it isnt working, it should be repaired but check on the techie forum and in the JL small print in case it is a battery issue that they may not cover.
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • mardatha
    The laptop has now kindly told me the battery is dead. LOL!
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,189
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    Have you g00gled the fault Mar? There might be advice onlibe x
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • nursemaggie
    nursemaggie Posts: 2,608
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    You should have put in a complaint to JL last time mar. You should make them pay that is far too much money for lap top. JL will keep their reputation for good service if you don't complain.
  • mardatha
    I should have complained when that one wasn't fixed properly yes, but thought if I do that then they'll just send it away again to be fixed properly lol. Then I got this new one. I always pay a lot for top range laptops maggie as it is my lifeline to the world, my social life, my sole connection to Life on Earth and I reckon it's worth it :D
    Until the bl00dy things break down ...:D
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure