X-Force weight machines and what to do on non-weight training days?

http://x-force.se/index.php/concept

For those who are familiar with these machines. I'm currently giving them a go. Apparently you're to do them a max of 2 times every 10-15 days.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=X-Force+weight+machine
You're supposed to spend more time on the negative side of the motion (the 5-seconds) and your 1 set is to failure.
I know on the site it says the idea is to spend less time at the gym but if i barely go then i'll not get in to the habit of going, plus if i've paid a costly membership then i want my moneys worth. So really what are you to do on the non-weight training days? I'm currently working on my cardio levels as they're poor but many people dislike cardio so i'm quite lucky that i don't mind it.

Comments

• I don't like workouts with weights in.
  • UKTigerlily
    UKTigerlily Posts: 4,702 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    I don't mind cardio but as i'm losing weight it's not so useful, not heard of these machines, are they common?
  • I don't mind cardio but as i'm losing weight it's not so useful, not heard of these machines, are they common?
    I get the impression that they're not that common. Even in America. I think it originated in Sweden though i could be wrong and i don't think there's a whole lot of places in the UK that have these machines, just a few.
    It's early days but so far i like them. I'll give them a good chance and see if i get results. You can really feel it if you do it properly, you do the positive motion for 3 seconds, hold for a second and then the rack tilts, even with your eyes closed you can feel when it tilts because the resistance increases. Whether it's an increase of 40% as they claim i don't know but you can feel the increase and this is before you begin to lower it which you have to do slow and controlled unlike with your "regular" gym machines where you don't take 5 seconds on the negative motion.

I guess i could break it up a little and on one day do all the upper body training and then a few days later do the lower body but i think generally you do the circuit and then no more weights for say at least a week which can be alien concept to people who like to lift.
  • AquaGirl wrote: »
    I get the impression that they're not that common. Even in America. I think it originated in Sweden though i could be wrong and i don't think there's a whole lot of places in the UK that have these machines, just a few.
    It's early days but so far i like them. I'll give them a good chance and see if i get results. You can really feel it if you do it properly, you do the positive motion for 3 seconds, hold for a second and then the rack tilts, even with your eyes closed you can feel when it tilts because the resistance increases. Whether it's an increase of 40% as they claim i don't know but you can feel the increase and this is before you begin to lower it which you have to do slow and controlled unlike with your "regular" gym machines where you don't take 5 seconds on the negative motion.

I guess i could break it up a little and on one day do all the upper body training and then a few days later do the lower body but i think generally you do the circuit and then no more weights for say at least a week which can be alien concept to people who like to lift.

What are you trying to achieve? If these machines do what I presume they do, then I would expect them to be very good at improving absolute strength levels, but not so good at increasing muscle mass, fat burning or improving strength endurance etc.

I ask because I don't know many people with gym memberships who weight train just to increase their strength without gaining muscle mass, unless they are doing it with specific sport or athletic requirements in mind.
  • Katapolt
    Katapolt Posts: 291 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    It's another gimmick the fitness industry has come up with, like vibrating plates and those godawful "full body toning" things you see on QVC.

Personally, i think this machine is no more useful that a normal weight machine. you say you count the 5 seconds on the release of the movement with it, but you can do that on a normal machine too you know? all this does is tilt the weight.

if you're looking to increase strength, Eccentric moves (what this machine encourages by tilting the weight and making the release slow) is just one way of doing this.

There's so quick fix to increasing strength, and there's no one way that works for everyone. if you're paying for a gym membership you're better off doing a more varied workout through the week, even going into a split of body areas if you want to ensure you focus on each bit.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure