IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Not your usual Hospital parking question...

Paradigm
Paradigm Posts: 3,613 Forumite
Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
edited 14 September 2017 at 6:36PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
The company I work for has won the contract to install heating/ventilation equipment in a large Hospital complex, the parking is controlled by ANPR.

The works will be ongoing for 3-4 weeks & the fitters have been told (by the hospital management) that unless they pay the daily parking fee they will receive a "ticket" as soon as they overstay 30mins. This they are doing & are being reimbursed by my company which in turn is being added to the cost of the job paid by the hospital/health authority :mad:

I've suggested to my company that they contact the hospital & get the relevant Reg numbers of the fitters vehicles excluded from parking charges... they're not parking, they're working & have been told that the hospital can't do anything?????

Surely this is nonsense as the hospital employs the PPC & can decide when charges can be waived?

What is annoying me so much is that the PPC is making 6 lots of daily parking fees which are eventually coming out of the taxpayers pocket, it's not a vast amount of money but even so....

This has to be bullsh*t?

EDIT: I've just read through this & it looks ridiculous but I can assure you it's absolutely true!
Always try to be at least half the person your dog thinks you are!

Comments

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    They're not parking, they're working????

So the parked vehicles are cranes???

Come off it
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Drs pay, nurses pay, patients pay ... why not random blokes?
  • TW1234
    TW1234 Posts: 209 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post

Fair comment, but why the hosptal trust's contract department ever agreed to a building contract price that is set to make the hospital provide parking for the builders workmen and pay daily parking claim charges is another question.
    But it does go to the heart of the NHS problems of inefficiency and financial budget controls.
  • Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,563 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    if ever there was a need to complain then this mast be a candidate

try your MP

this is a copy of a post by Bargepole ....

"Some action at last:

http://services.parliament.uk/bills/2017-19/parkingcodeofpractice.html

This Private Member's Bill has Government and cross-party support, and stands a good chance of making it into statute.

The full text of the clauses will be published nearer the date of the second reading, but my sources tell me it's something we should support.

Now would be a good time to write to your MP urging them to support it."

let here know that there have been many complaints about this car park scam

he/ she may well help intervene

good luck

Ralph:cool:
  • Paradigm
    Paradigm Posts: 3,613 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Quentin wrote: »
    They're not parking, they're working????

So the parked vehicles are cranes???

Come off it

They're not using recognised parking places as the nearest car park is too far away for them to access their vans for tools etc. Their vans are in an area not accessible to the public. I wonder if the Police investigating an incident have to pay for "parking" if they stay for longer than 30 mins?

So, Drs & Nurses paying to work makes it ok then? That is an absolute disgrace!
    They're not "random blokes" they are engineers commissioned by the Hospital to provide a service.
    Further, the end result is that the PPC is being paid by the taxpayer! The Hospital is adding the cost of parking charges to the bill for the works....

To me it's well out of order.
    Always try to be at least half the person your dog thinks you are!
  • Further, the end result is that the PPC is being paid by the taxpayer! The Hospital is adding the cost of parking charges to the bill for the works....

in most cases the landowner gets the money paid for parking , the PPC get there money by issuing %^&*%$ , as there only income , (in most cases)
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • A bad bargain is still a valid contract. If the NHS were silly enough to agree to contract terms that allow no exceptions (and that's quite possible) you'll need to buy tickets like everyone else.

Drain trace is helpful, but not binding and, in this case, the parking costs are being charged back to the NHS so there is no reason not to buy tickets in any event.

Parking charges aren't the issue: it is highly likely that the hospital itself is paying 20% interest under a private finance initiative (PFI) to fund the works. That's far more problematic/costly!
  • Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    pappa_golf wrote: »
    Further, the end result is that the PPC is being paid by the taxpayer! The Hospital is adding the cost of parking charges to the bill for the works....

in most cases the landowner gets the money paid for parking , the PPC get there money by issuing %^&*%$ , as there only income , (in most cases)

Absolutely the point. More public money disappearing into private coffers for no good reason.

I don't know what happens to politicians who form laws ( Take the current farce about Overseas Aid budget not eligible for aid to our overseas territories after IRMA ) or to senior public service managers but they seem to have lost all touch with common sense and reality.
  • Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    although it's at the other end of essential hospital vehicles, do non nhs ambulances ie st johns have to pay to park up/overstay drop offs at A+E?
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure