Speed Awareness

Comments

• Fat_Walt
    Fat_Walt Posts: 750 Forumite
    dannyrst wrote: »
    They do not, however, the guy hosting the course specifically mentioned that Aviva offer incentives for people who disclose that they have been on the course. Was just wondering if anyone was aware of this and had experience of it. Fully aware that the Admiral group see it as punishable.

This is an annoying prospect for me. Insurers have no way of finding if you have been on the course. The police keep your license number on record so they can tell whether you have been on the course in the last 3 years, but again, insurers don't ask for your license number. However, lying to your insurer is fraud and would result in a void insurance policy, if they found out. Do Admiral ask if you have been on a course in the last x years? If so, how can you expect to remember the exact date you went on the course when there is no record of you going on the course on your license? All abit stupid if you ask me.

This is a very good point. I could have a discount now, but the tide may change and I could be punished for being on the course next year. Hadn't considered this.

Keep the letter with the course date on.
  • dannyrst
    dannyrst Posts: 1,519 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Fat_Walt wrote: »
    Keep the letter with the course date on.

Yes, obviously that would be a good idea. But have you never lost anything?
  • Fat_Walt
    Yes, obviously that would be a good idea. But have you never lost anything?

Keep it with your vehicle documents.
  • Head_The_Ball
    Head_The_Ball Posts: 4,067 Forumite
    edited 12 October 2016 at 11:51AM
    Robisere wrote: »
    ......The only problem with sticking religiously to the limits now, is the number of idiots who flash lights and tailgate me because they want to break the limit....

Has it occurred to you that you may well be driving at or setting your cruise control to a figure well under the speed limit as speedometers usually under read?

That doesn't necessarily justify tailgating or lights flashing but it might explain it.
  • ElefantEd
    ElefantEd Posts: 1,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    nickcc wrote: »
    just because you adhere to the speed limits doesn't give you the right to criticise others that don't.

Actually yes it does.

Though there may be a 'reformed smoker' syndrome at work making the critic more aware and more strident about it.
  • dannyrst
    Keep it with your vehicle documents.

Not impossible to lose those either.
  • Fat_Walt
    Not impossible to lose those either.

!!!!!!, give them to a sensible adult when you're mature enough to drive.
  • dannyrst
    !!!!!!, give them to a sensible adult when you're mature enough to drive.

Lol. Chill out man. My point is unlike points on your license, there is no visible record you can check to see when the course was taken without cracking out your paper records, working through your birth certificate, V5, GCSE results blah blah.

:money:
  • Fat_Walt
    Lol. Chill out man. My point is unlike points on your license, there is no visible record you can check to see when the course was taken without cracking out your paper records, working through your birth certificate, V5, GCSE results blah blah.

:money:

Staple it to your birth certificate, you've managed to to lose that so far.
  • dannyrst
    Staple it to your birth certificate, you've managed to to lose that so far.

I assume you mean I've not managed to lose that so far? I mean, I could be on my 4th one by now for all you know. But you keep biting and I'll keep enjoying myself.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure