PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The All New Bang on Trend Cookbook Challenge 2018

Options

Comments

• Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,686 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    edited 8 January 2018 at 11:28AM
    Options
    Is that from the greek vegan blog? I was also interested in that one.
    I'm sure Mr Singleton will be along to confirm but I believe it was this one:
    http://www.mygreekdish.com/?s=greek+potato+stew

Or maybe that was a different website I found after Mr Singleton mentioned the dish.
    I do so many off-at-a-tangent searches that I often forget where i started from.
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    riotlady wrote: »
    Hi everyone :) Thought I'd join in as our weekly veg box is encouraging me to try and cook a lot of new things.

Made a BBC good food recipe tonight- baked potatoes with chard and beans and tahini dressing.
    Very tasty, healthy and cheap!

Hi riotlady :wave:

That sounds lovely :)
  • Nelski
    Options
    Nothing new for the next couple of days ...tonight is leftovers from last nights use of the leftovers. Must be great to just cook something eat it all and have something totally different the next day...its a concept i have forgotten :D

Out to dinner tomorrow so next attempt will be Weds when Im looking at doing my own Lamb Tikka Tandoori....not sure it will be worth the hassle compared to buying a paste but we shall see.
  • ScotinLondon
    Options
    I know that I am very late, but is it still ok to join? Ideally i would like to do a new recipe a week but think that a new recipe once a fortnight will be better for me. As i get home at odd times from work.

There is a black bean & peanut butter stew that was emailed to me from cooking on a bootstrap that I would like to try.

Thanks

SIL
  • Pollycat
    Options
    I know that I am very late, but is it still ok to join? Ideally i would like to do a new recipe a week but think that a new recipe once a fortnight will be better for me. As i get home at odd times from work.

There is a black bean & peanut butter stew that was emailed to me from cooking on a bootstrap that I would like to try.

Thanks

SIL
    Welcome, Scott. :hello:
  • Nelski
    Options

Thanks

SIL

Hi Scott course its OK :)

Now that recipe does sound interesting 2 of my fav ingredients ...let us know the scores on the doors when you do it
  • dumpling
    dumpling Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone, I finally did a new recipe last night. It was steamed lamb and leek suet pudding cooked in my instant pot. Would definitely make again especially as it only took 25 mins once it had come to pressure. I wrote the recipe down from Facebook as I think it was from the instant pot forum on there. I served it with mash, cabbage, carrots and gravy. Next time I would not bother with the mash as the pudding was filling enough.

The next recipe I am going to try will be honey and garlic salmon. It is another online recipe. On Friday I am actually going to crack open a recipe book and make some food from that. It has been interesting reading about all of your efforts in the kitchen.
  • pipkin71
    pipkin71 Posts: 21,821 Forumite
    Options
    Pollycat wrote: »
    I'm sure Mr Singleton will be along to confirm but I believe it was this one:
    http://www.mygreekdish.com/?s=greek+potato+stew

Or maybe that was a different website I found after Mr Singleton mentioned the dish.
    I do so many off-at-a-tangent searches that I often forget where i started from.

Thanks, Pollycat. That's another recipe we will try this week :)
    There is something delicious about writing the first words of a story. You never quite know where they'll take you - Beatrix Potter
  • Pollycat
    Options
    Greek potato stew.
    pipkin71 wrote: »
    Thanks, Pollycat. That's another recipe we will try this week :)
    TBH, it had mixed reviews in our house.
    I enjoyed it, OH didn't, he said it was too bland.
    But then again, he's not that big a potato fan. And that's pretty much the dish.

I actually added a tspn of dried oregano & parsley, half tspn of mint when I put the potatoes in and the fresh parsley on top with the feta & olives.

It might have been better if I'd used non-supermarket potatoes. :(
    And the fab Greek tomatoes.

After a discussion this morning, we'll try it again but I'll add some fresh chillies and some chorizo.

I'll be interested to read your opinion on it. :)
  • pipkin71
    pipkin71 Posts: 21,821 Forumite
    Options
    TBH, it had mixed reviews in our house.
    I enjoyed it, OH didn't, he said it was too bland.
    But then again, he's not that big a potato fan. And that's pretty much the dish.

I actually added a tspn of dried oregano & parsley, half tspn of mint when I put the potatoes in and the fresh parsley on top with the feta & olives.

It might have been better if I'd used non-supermarket potatoes. :(
    And the fab Greek tomatoes.

After a discussion this morning, we'll try it again but I'll add some fresh chillies and some chorizo.

I'll be interested to read your opinion on it. :)

Due to dietary issues, I won't add feta to mine but the girls will enjoy it, along with the chorizo. Fresh chillies are a good idea as well :)
    There is something delicious about writing the first words of a story. You never quite know where they'll take you - Beatrix Potter
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure