PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Missed out again...

13»

Comments

• Mickygg wrote: »
    If you want to be in a good position, get your finances sorted before viewing. Even if very recent changes mean a revised mortgage, I personally would only view what I could afford and have finances in place for. Simply because I would hate to see the perfect house (not that that exists) and not be able to move quick enough to secure it.

I don't blame the EA on this occasion OP because the EA just wants it sold and doesn't care about an extra few £££.

I wouldn't wait on someone to sort their finances out if I have a good offer on the table.

What the Estate Agent wants is neither here nor there; it's not their house. They have passed the offers on to the vendor and the vendor has made a decision. That's precisely and exactly what they are supposed to do and what they are being paid by the vendor to do. I can't imagine how they could have acted any better.
  • hutman
    hutman Posts: 104 Forumite
    is this a joke thread? buyers have all the power now..

wouldnt be surprised if this was posted by an EA now all his viewings have dried up
  • ACG
    ACG Posts: 23,713 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've helped Parliament
    hutman wrote: »
    It probably depends on the area you are in. We are still getting a lot of demand for Mortgages and have seen people miss out on properties due to higher offers.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    hutman wrote: »

wouldnt be surprised if this was posted by an EA now all his viewings have dried up

I expect the OP joined-up in 2011 and made loads of fake posts so that they could start this thread in 2017.

Or there again, does that make sense?

Accusing an OP of fake posting is not a nice thing to do, even if you are probably the only person reading this who thinks your 'evidence' is good enough.

You should apologise.
  • hutman wrote: »

Hi crashy time.

And you're rather wrong too. I'm watching houses hit closing dates, selling over home report value within 3 days all the time in my area.
  • Crashy_Time
    Crashy_Time Posts: 13,386 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Hi crashy time.

And you're rather wrong too. I'm watching houses hit closing dates, selling over home report value within 3 days all the time in my area.

Great news :money: Links?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport