DFW Monday confessional - 25th June

2»

Comments

• Shineyhappy
    Shineyhappy Posts: 1,928 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Good luck IA with your race for life tomorrow, rather you than me I am afraid!

Forgive me Martin for I have sinned....

I spent 10 pounds uneccassarily (and cant even spell it)
    I had a whole day to ebay and instead I watched tv (but did do loads of comps)

Not too bad really I guess, here's to a more productive week this week:beer:
    Debt Free - done
    Mortgage Free - done
    Building up the pension pot
  • Please forgive me.....I have sinned:-

I have gone over my budget for June :eek:
    I bought some jeans off Ebay with the money sat in paypal account for debts (in mitigation I can say they were cheaper than buying them new) :rolleyes:
    We had a chinese takeaway on Friday night :eek:

Sorry.............................
  • Lucy1982_2
    Lucy1982_2 Posts: 4,611 Forumite
    Hairy Hand

Good luck with your challenge. You'll get there. i think I just need to be more strict with myself. But I only have about £1 something in my purse so am not going to get more out at the moment and any purchases I need today will be cheap and on my card. Which will be left at home tomorrow.
    Current debt - £16,300 :(
    Debt at worst 17/03/2011 - £18,067.62:eek::eek:
    :ANot going anywhere else, ever again :A
  • Softstuff
    Softstuff Posts: 3,086 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I have a pile of things I cleared out ready to ebay, I just haven't been able to get off my big lazy bum and do it.

On the plus side for me (so I can't be flogged) I watched the Pursuit of Happyness, and it scared me so much I've reduced our grocery and other budgets dramatically :rotfl:
    Softstuff- Officially better than 007
  • I had impure thoughts... involving spending money on a new car ;)
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 208 - Proud To Have Dealt With My Debts DEBT FREE DECEMBER 2008!!!
  • Penny2myName
    Penny2myName Posts: 1,605 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forgive me for i bought a hair dye i didn't really need, just fed up of being multi colours when roots grow through so bought a dye that's close to the same colour as my eyebrows.

Good luck with your Race for Life I_A.

Oh also just went out in the horrid weather and bought some hard boiled sweets from asda when I only went in to get Milk, and a suitcase on wheels for £8 (this weeks budget gone, but daughter is on way home from school as its flooded and they are closing it down for the week, though she still has to go tomorrow for one of her school trips{beware Sheffield uni, the midget is on her way} So the extra I had budgeted for daughter's travel covers most of the suitcase):o.
    19th March 2007 LBM£5,969.63 1st January 2018 £5960.18, 1st January 2019 £11,032.0018th August 2023 £12,435.00, Student Loan £22244.00 From 2009-12Challenges: To learn to stop spending..
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure