Debt-Free wanna be vs Maternity pay. Determined to stay on track.

Comments

• Quick check in after a hectic but lovely day. The party was great plenty of food even some left which DS and DP had cold for dinner so no cooking tonight whoop whoop! DS got so many lovely presents too....I have decided to set up a DD like I do for Christmas but fortieth day parties and his friends presents. I can see the older he gets the more exspensive this whole birthday shinanigans is going to get.

Husky runner- thanks for the reminder I signed up last night and already have a couple of pounds banked. I need
    To have a bit more of a play on the site as haven't used it before. I did see you get eBay cash back and I use an eBay app a lot....not sure if they are compatable.

Reality_check maybe the lady wasn't lying to me when she said the government have put up their tax by 9%. Glad you managed to get it back down though. Phew!

I signed up to mintvine earlier this morning as couldn't sleep. I've not used survey sites before so will see how it goes.

Right I'm pooped time to go zone out to some TV with a brew before bed. I've booked in a lie in tomorrow as DP is still off with a few more days. Exciting!! Xx
    emergency fund:£179/ £1000 Uniform/car fund:£
    boys savings £
    Christmas £60 bday £40 holiday £

Family loan £7000/£5425
    Credit Card 0% £2015.32 eon £435 overdrafts £1500/£1300
  • Huskyrunner
    Huskyrunner Posts: 542 Forumite
    they are yes re ebay

all you need too do is ensure you have the top cashback ap enstalled then search ebay. I used too use ebay loads via topcashback but cashback off ebay takes ages too drop through.

another cash saver is link a nectar card if you have one too ebay. then you will get points for everything you spend on ebay, also from here nectar points can converted into vouchers too spend on ebay.

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/nectar-rewards/spend.html
    debts 16550
    Mortgage 69500
  • Hummm I can't download the app as need to update my phone. I hate updating it I'm sure appl* always reduce your storage every update to make you upgrade.

Also I don't have a nector card I'd best get on it x
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Glad you had a good hols - Did you eat a Hockins?!

I'm away at my mum and dads and no time for internet so just a quick hello for now.

Sounds like you did amazing with your holiday and party budget- pat on back deserved! Hope you are now relaxing!

I've started doing a couple of survey sites - can't remember which ones. One seems better as you see how much you earn per survey in ££, whereas the other one you earn points. Every penny counts!

Ramble x
  • Huskyrunner
    Huskyrunner Posts: 542 Forumite
    :(
    Hummm I can't download the app as need to update my phone. I hate updating it I'm sure appl* always reduce your storage every update to make you upgrade.

Also I don't have a nector card I'd best get on it x

dont worry if you cant re the ap just go through top cashback web page then search ebay be no issues that way. I purchase on ebay from time but i buy food shopping and fuel at sainburies the nectar points soon add up :-)
    debts 16550
    Mortgage 69500
  • Morning Diary,

Ramblehan- we didn't unfortunately by the time we made it into the town it was about 3pm and we had plans to go out for dinner so didn't want to spoil it with ice cream. I was a bit sad though.

Thanks Huskyrunner I'll try that next time I use eBay.

Back to reality here with a food shop of the cards for today. Not sure yet what else we'll get up to. I've just set up my savings account and DD for the birthday fund. Just £15 a month to start with.

X
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • Food shop done and we looked through some receipts before I went and planned in a couple of new dishes we've been getting board. I went to aldi first then went to tesco for the bits on my list I couldn't get....I was hungry when I went though and spent about £10 on bits I shouldn't have...ice cream on offer...donuts and a big digger reduced to £3.50 for Kian, but I'm pregnant so that's my excuse for the ice cream and donuts and we had a bit of extra in the food/petrol account as we didn't spent any last week with being away.

So my noodle report was updated today. I've gone up 22 points I thought this was due to closing two old cc's and paying off my next and clearing my £1200 od (I still owe this money and I'm tracking it I borrowed it from DS's ISA!!!! I was paying £20 a month interest on my overdraft so thought this was a wise decision. I'm sure he won't mind) but the report hasn't updated any of this info yet. The only thing that has changed is that it now says I'm on the electro roll which I had to get them to query last month. Glad it's gone up but a little annoyed I'll have to wait another month to see the changes.

DP is just settling down to watch the football so I'm going to get all Kian's presents down and wrap them up ready for Wednesday morning. :j x
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • Morning diary,

So just did my morning check of my bank accounts. My Halifax had a £2.51 cash back payment from Morrison's from May. I didn't even realise it was coming my bank has loads of different cash back offers I normally just activate them all incase I shop. I transferred this to my hsbc account and there was £8 left over after the rest of my bills have come out this month so I transferred another £10 back to DS's ISA.

X
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • Quick check in before an early night after a busy day for DS's birthday.

Spent £26 on entry to a childrens theme park today we took a picnic but it was heavy rain all the and the only picnic places were outdoors!! What a joke! We snuck in the back of crazy busy soft play cafe and ate our picnic though...everyone else was doing the same. I also spent £6 on tea and cakes for pudding. So in have £18 of my pocket money budget left for this week.

Glad I started this diary it really is helping me keep things in check and think about where I can save to pay off more debt.

Xx
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • Hey diary, quick check in while I have a brew and put my feet up for half an hour.

I've been busy nesting today. All my wardrobes, cupboards etc are a mess. I've finally got some motivation from somewhere so I have sorted out all DS's baby clothes into boxes. Thrown out a couple of bun bags of stuff I was hoarding and sorted out a big bag to car boot/eBay. Manly clothes not sure how we'll they'll do on eBay so may wait until I've sorted the whole house and do a car boot with everything I find.

I wrote a list of everything we need to buy before baby arrives. The main bulk is for DS's bedroom he will be moving into our larger spare room and the nursery will stay the same just with a fresh coat of paint. I found some bedding I liked on Georg* reduced to £6 and I've just won on eBay a m*othercare toddler bed and water proof (so I can clean it properly) mattress. All for £23!!! I checked and they still sell the bed and mattress on the website and it would have been £150!! It's a 45 min drive to where we need to pick it up from but it's the seaside so I'll just take DS to the beach one day and grab it on the way. Feeling happy as the list was scaring me I didn't want to spend all our savings and the bed is one of the big items. Whoop whoop.

X
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income