Official Trying to Conceive - Thread 13

Comments

• Thanks for the well wishes.

AF arrived today so CD1 for me please. Rubbish
  • Well I was ready to do another test this morning but I had blood on wiping. There is only blood on wiping at the moment but I have terrible backache. I think my fried brain is trying to put it down as not AF when in reality I know it is. Wishful thinking I guess.

Really really down in the dumps. Feel utterly helpless and powerless right now. We are struggling to do this routine every month for nothing and now we have the redundancy looming then life is pretty doom and gloom :(
  • A0503
    A0503 Posts: 90 Forumite
    urgh Rachy its so crap. I am due AF today and did another pg test and it was negative so I'm in the same boat. I was secretly hopeful after the brown spotting I had too but it must of been a coincidence and something else caused it.

I would really recommend trying the approach we took this month, its actually quite liberating and I found I was a lot happier. I have been obsessed for the last week when I got that spotting but before that I was fine.

I'm just waiting for AF to arrive now, sorry AF got you too Peppacoin.
  • cats2012
    cats2012 Posts: 1,182 Forumite
    Oh Rachy I'm so sorry to read this. Don't rule yourself out entirely - you never know!

But even if it is don't give up - you have got pregnant before and you will again!! I truly believe that. I have heard the most amazing stories on this journey and whilst i wouldn't wish the wait on anyone I really believe you will be a mummy :)

Thinking of you and sending loads of positive wishes xx
    Officially Mrs B as of March 2013
    TTC since Apr 2015, baby B born March 2017
  • I'm genuinely gutted for you X
  • Ratison
    Ratison Posts: 263 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Rachy did you test anyway?
  • I have my counselling appointment on Wednesday afternoon so I've booked a GP appointment for beforehand. I need to know when they are going to step in and help us because at the moment I cannot see a light at the end of the tunnel.

Cats - I know I shouldn't think like this but I feel that pregnancy was a failure so that could mean it can't or won't ever happen again :(
  • Ratison wrote: »
    Rachy did you test anyway?

No, I didn't see the point when I saw the blood.

The lines I saw yesterday must have been evaps even though the second time, it came up within the time limit. I am beginning to hate First Response :mad:. I don't want to think about chemicals as the GP just dismissed them anyway :(
  • cats2012
    cats2012 Posts: 1,182 Forumite
    I have my counselling appointment on Wednesday afternoon so I've booked a GP appointment for beforehand. I need to know when they are going to step in and help us because at the moment I cannot see a light at the end of the tunnel.

Cats - I know I shouldn't think like this but I feel that pregnancy was a failure so that could mean it can't or won't ever happen again :(

I can totally understand. I know it's not the same as a MC but when it took us well over a year to even get a positive I just hated my body. I couldn't understand why biology was failing me and just blamed myself. I had literally started being convinced I could just never get pregnant, even though that was so little time compared to many people.

What honestly help me was reading the stories of others - the women who took 8 years and 6 IVF attempts, or had 4 MCs then 2 beautiful babies for no clear reason. Despite being extreme - it kept some element of hope alive. Can't remember if I mentioned my friend who had 3 horrible MCs over 3 years then conceived her gorgeous girl and a little boy straight after - her daughter's middle name is Faith and she said it's because that's what kept them going. Not in a religious way, just in a positivity and hope way.

Thinking of you x
    Officially Mrs B as of March 2013
    TTC since Apr 2015, baby B born March 2017
  • cats2012 wrote: »
    I can totally understand. I know it's not the same as a MC but when it took us well over a year to even get a positive I just hated my body. I couldn't understand why biology was failing me and just blamed myself. I had literally started being convinced I could just never get pregnant, even though that was so little time compared to many people.

What honestly help me was reading the stories of others - the women who took 8 years and 6 IVF attempts, or had 4 MCs then 2 beautiful babies for no clear reason. Despite being extreme - it kept some element of hope alive. Can't remember if I mentioned my friend who had 3 horrible MCs over 3 years then conceived her gorgeous girl and a little boy straight after - her daughter's middle name is Faith and she said it's because that's what kept them going. Not in a religious way, just in a positivity and hope way.

Thinking of you x

I totally understand where you are coming from and realise so much that other people go through the same or worse but ultimately those stories just make me panic because age is not on my side. A friend of mine went through IVF but I didn't meet her until the pregnancy stage, it look her 3 years to get there. I also have the issue of the GP not wanting to help me because of the fact I have fallen pregnant before. She said last time that the ovulation tests should confirm ovulation so the bloods they do wouldn't say anything other but my impression from online reading was that ov tests cannot be relied upon for guarantee.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.5K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.9K Life & Family
  • 247.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback