3-6 Month Emergency Fund Challenge!!

Comments

• Evening all lovely peeps, I've just been paid from my 2nd job and have topped up my EF to £2665 :) also managed to OP my mortgage and get it down to under 60k which feels great xx
  • DreamerHelen
    DreamerHelen Posts: 2,629
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Morning Everyone....Happy Good Friday!! :D

I'm feeling a bit better this morning so far.....not sure whether that will continue but I'll take it for now.... :)

stoplurking - I've Updated the First Page.....You're doing AWESOME!! Keep it going hun!! Thanks, I'll hopefully have a lovely time over Easter...hope you do too!! xXx :)

skye blue - I've Updated the First Page.....You're doing BRILLIANTLY!! Thank you for your concern, I appreciate that hun xXx :)

sophieo16 - I've Updated the First Page....WOW, look at how great you're doing!! Have a lovely Easter xXx :)

[Deleted User] - I've Updated the First Page.....How AMAZING are you doing?? Keep it going hun. Great news about the Mortgage overpayment xXx :)
  • lexbubbles
    lexbubbles Posts: 971
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Rest up over Easter, Helen, and get some chocolate in you. It'll do you the world ;)

£45 regular saving + £10 from 52-week 50p challenge (my how that's grown!) + £1.58 in pennies = £56.58 added this week

£1,930.74 / £4,600

41.9% :j
    Aqua 0/1850 Cap.One 0/450 Vanquis 0/500 HSBC 0/100
    :j ~Debt Free Date 07/12/2015~ :j

SPC member #530 :staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin 3-month EF: £2158.63/4600
    Make £10/day Nov-Dec £814.04 Jan-Apr £1689.78 May £233.57/310
  • Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,133
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    Ambassador
    Another update from me #2

Extra £190.46 putting my total at £6377.21 so I better go and update my sig as it's now equal to 73.30%. I'm not sure how long it's going to stay there though given my MOT is due, but for now, I'm happy :D

Happy Easter to everyone, hope you are all enjoying it so far :easter:

Dobbi
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
  • DreamerHelen
    Forumite
    Morning Everyone..... :)

At the moment I'm feeling MUCH better.....Let's hope it continues!! I've lost exactly 3 stone so far, I'm feeling really proud of that right now.....but I'm really cold all of the time, not sure if that's about the lost weight or not.....but it's a bit weird and annoying....but I DO feel better having lost the weight.... :D

Nothing to add moneywise until next Week.....I'm hoping to add a Fiver at that point.....Slowly Slowly :)

lexbubbles - I've Updated the First Page....You are doing SOOOOOOOOO amazing!! Keep it going hun!! I definitely WILL enjoy just a little bit of chocolate this Easter xXx :)

Dobbibill - I've Updated the First Page....WOW, you are doing really amazing....Keep going hun, you can do it!! Happy Easter to you hun....Hope you have a great one xXx :)
  • Hello!

Just a pop in from me to say I've not forgotten and should be back early next week with more funds to add

LMD xx
    Life gets in the way...PADding is addictive...Saving's better than spending...
    2024 1p challenge #11 | Cash envelope challenge #01 | SPC #017
    Sealed pot 2024 £2178.57 | EF £1000/£1000 | Sabbatical £865/£3000 | Holiday spends £430 | General Saver £2562.77
  • Back again,

Added £30 to my fund this morning, it seems to be taking a while but I'm sure once I've gotten rid of the debts I'll be able to add more

LMD xx
    Life gets in the way...PADding is addictive...Saving's better than spending...
    2024 1p challenge #11 | Cash envelope challenge #01 | SPC #017
    Sealed pot 2024 £2178.57 | EF £1000/£1000 | Sabbatical £865/£3000 | Holiday spends £430 | General Saver £2562.77
  • DreamerHelen
    Forumite
    Morning Everyone.... :)

I'm a bit tired this morning....but really looking forward to this Weekend as I'm off down to Cornwall to see my Brother and his Family....So that will be a lovely break.... :D

I'm hoping to have another Fiver to Pot in my Emergency Fund this Thursday.....fingers crossed.... :)

LittleMissDetermined - I've Updated the First Page....You're doing BRILLIANT!! Keep going hun....You'll get there.... xXx :)
  • DuranGirl
    DuranGirl Posts: 287
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hello everyone - long time no see! I've had a quick scan catch up and wow! Everyone's doing so well. Congratulations on your weight loss Helen, and I'm glad to hear you're feeling better. I hope you have a lovely mini-break in Cornwall.

Sorry I've not been around much, work is really rough at the moment. I'm just about to return from an 18-month secondment, and the person who had been covering my old job has left it, frankly, in a bit of the old poo. So I'm feeling quite stressed about it. Fortunately I have a lovely team and a great manager to support me - but morale is pretty low, there's little or no structure in some cases, and they're thrilled to have me back to sort it all out. No pressure there then!

As for saving, I've been rather frugal this month, and have managed to squirrel away another £200 for the EF! That makes £3500 as of today, and means that I'll have (sort of) round numbers as I move over to my £500/month standing order for savings. Yes, I'm biting the bullet and going for it! That means I should have reached my target by the end of the summer (although my plan is to keep going). Yippee! :jAlthough DS will be going off to uni, so I'll doubtless have some spend there, and DD's student loan doesn't quite stretch to London rent, so I'm helping out a little bit for a few months (food is already budgeted for). I'm so glad I've invested the time in sorting out my budget spreadsheet. It means that I know how much I can help them out and how much I can save. If work gets much more stressful, I may look for something else on less money, so I shall be very glad of my EF. I'm going to stick it out for as long as I can though.

So, Helen, can you please update me to £3,500? It will go up to £4,000 on Friday, but I quite like seeing the steps along the way... Oh, and on Friday I will be paying the last instalment of my car deposit loan to mum and dad too! VERY pleased about that.:j:T
    3-6 month EF Challenge Member #19: £3590/£6000.[/B] Craft destash from 22.5.22: 46/200. Declutter from 22.5.22: 105/250 Car finance PAID OFF £7,848.88 IN 2019 (0% LOB)
  • DreamerHelen
    Forumite
    Morning Everyone... :)

Sorry I haven't been around....Because I'm going away tomorrow I've been trying to fit in a Week's Work into 4 and a bit days....So I've been Working hard to try and earn what I need....And I think I'm going to manage it :A

I'm going to be able to put in another Fiver when I get back from the Bank later this Morning....It's definitely going slowly slowly but I'm so proud at how much I'm managing to Save this Year with also paying off my Debts regularly and consistently and paying everything else I need to pay AND not needing to borrow money from anybody (institution or friends)....so I'm feeling pretty proud of what I'm achieving so far this Year... :D:D:D

DuranGirl - I've Updated the First Page...You are doing absolutely AMAZINGLY!! I'm sorry to hear that Work is rough for you....I hope that you get the Support that you need there. Congratulations on clearing the Loan from Mum and Dad tomorrow....that must be a load off your mind....and I shall really look forward to hearing your Update tomorrow to bring you up to £4000, which is an AWESOME achievement!! xXx :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure