First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I got some lovely items from the stationary section:

Metal white magazine racks at 50p each
    Metal white pen pot 50p
    Metal white letter rack 50p
    Hello Kitty notebooks 50p each
    Childs reward chart 50p

few stationary and craft bits and pieces 25p each

The magazine racks, pen pot and letter rack are for me - the rest are great little stocking fillers as extras for Christmas :D
  • Katiehound wrote: »
    Clearly new stationery and childrens art/craft ranges coming as lots of empty spaces on the shelves awaiting new stock. As a result lots of cheap goodies suitable for birthday bags, tobola, stockings! reduced to silly prices .
    e.g: velvet mask kit to paint- 25pence
    Moshi stationery set (pen, pencil, ruler, eraser, sharpener) 25 pence
    Galaxy gang chunky felt tips- 25 pence
    Friendly fairy sticker roll- 25 pence
    Rub & Reveal pack- 25pence
    pack 2 CD/DVD markers 25 pence
    pack of 1 gold &1 silver pen 50 pence
    Ring binders (music equipment graphics) 50 pence
    Things flying off the shelves...so be quick , as they say!!

LOTS of these types of things in the Leeds, Armley branch this morning. Kids' crafty Make Your Own Aquarium kits, neon 4x paint sets, colouring books, glittery stickers, packs of felt/tissue paper etc. All at 25p each. Really good for making up Craft hampers, or stocking up for pass the parcel prizes, cheapy stocking fillers...... Quite a few left at 11am. The store assistant confirmed they are bringing out new kids stationary ranges/packaging, so all the old stuff is being sold off cheap.
    Sept GC £42.22/£60
  • booter
    booter Posts: 1,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    squiggles wrote: »
    Noticed today Regina pk 4 chamomile toilet roll 90p instead of £2.25. The one with the daisy print. It is on the website so should be national.

No longer on the website, but popped in to my local today as I was passing and they'd still got plenty left on the shelf - so thanks squiggles :T
  • claire1977_2
    claire1977_2 Posts: 342 Forumite
    this one -

001-2.jpg

I don't know if this is their normal price, as I can't find it on the website - but its better value than the equivalent poundshop or Primark versions, it has an extra bigger bottle, and theres more room in the bag (I have the Primark version from a couple of years ago but needed to replace a couple of the bottles for travelling).

Loads and loads of them instore in the beauty/make-up accessories aisle.
    Just been to Wilkos today and this is now only 50p
  • claire1977_2
    claire1977_2 Posts: 342 Forumite
    Oh also lots of bits like nailbrushes/tooth brush cases and body mops reduced to 10p. Some bits are scanning lower than sel as well picked up a fundation brush ( the only thing I actually went in for ) scanned at 50p but still £1 on label - may have worked on other brushes but I didnt have time to check.
  • wildincrawley
    wildincrawley Posts: 147 Forumite
    booter wrote: »
    No longer on the website, but popped in to my local today as I was passing and they'd still got plenty left on the shelf - so thanks squiggles :T

Yup plenty in Crawley today.
  • daveybea
    daveybea Posts: 372 Forumite
    i cant believe what i saw today...a few days ago I purchased lots of nail brushes for 10p...bargain as they were about 70p (also had cheaper ones for the same price but was about 50p each) anyway..i noticed that the store had a new layout for the toiletry section and that the exactly same brushes and now marked up to £1...they must think customers are stupid not to notice the difference in price and layout!!! defin not worth £1 for a cheap 50p nailbrush!!!
    im tray not davey...pinched my hubbys account!!!
    :think:
    I must stop buying smellies..well until i spot a bargain!
    never turn a bargain /freebie down you just never know when you need it :D
  • booter
    booter Posts: 1,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Lots of adults polarised sunglasses in my local today - reduced from £7 to £1. Some kids sunglasses (non polarised) for 40p-80p. Also Nice n Easy Perfect 10 hair colour for £2.00. Oh, and Marigold rubber gloves on offer at £1.25.
  • Raine_E_Day
    Raine_E_Day Posts: 812 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    daveybea wrote: »
    i cant believe what i saw today...a few days ago I purchased lots of nail brushes for 10p...bargain as they were about 70p (also had cheaper ones for the same price but was about 50p each) anyway..i noticed that the store had a new layout for the toiletry section and that the exactly same brushes and now marked up to £1...they must think customers are stupid not to notice the difference in price and layout!!! defin not worth £1 for a cheap 50p nailbrush!!!

I saw exactly same in my store, too. I bought 8 x 10p nailbrushes, having seen them elsewhwere in shop for £1! Also a couple of 10p combs plus a make up brush reduced to 50p.
    “Rain drops are not the ones who bring the clouds.”
  • surfsister
    surfsister Posts: 7,527 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    yes my store had combs, nail brushes and also had cotton buds for 10p and now the same items as much dearer but exactly the same!!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback