What small DFW things will you do this week - w/c 11th September?

Comments

• foxgloves wrote: »
    DNMS - hope the dentist treatment goes ok. I am a nervous patient where dentistry is concerned. When I had root canal work a few years ago, it honestly wasn't as bad as I feared. My dentist knows I am a scared patient & that I only go regularly because mf f takes me to my appts so I don't bottle it! When I had root canal, my dentist said I probably wouldn't feel much as the nerve in that tooth had died, but that if I did, just to tell him & he would top up the anaesthetic. Be gentle with yourself afterwards. Try to have a relaxing evening just to let the tensions go.
    And here I am chatting about teeth & not starting my massive job list - must put a shift on & get cracking x

Thanks Mrs F :A I'm back now. The root canal can was kicked down the road and I had a temp filling because need to establish if it's just one top tooth or if there is another bottom tooth that needs work as well. Booked in for check up next week and will book treatment for the week after if all good.

My dentist is amazing, and in a few short years she's got me from having to be put under to have dental treatment to now I can go. She puts numbing gel on before any injections, has such a soothing way and we have a system if I want her to stop to put my hand up and she will. I use a meditation as well while in the chair - visualising laying on a beach while repeating in my mind "I'm safe" :p

I had root canal on another tooth about 6 months ago, so know logically it's not that bad, but it's the fear and anxiety that leads up to it is shocking and the after effects of that leave me feeling wiped out :o If I'm honest I think the phobia is about pain rather than dentistry. It's just with dental issues comes pain!

Back now so going to sit on the sofa and read a book and wait to return to a 40 something woman rather than the 40 something child I am at the moment! :o
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • Another lurker here to introduce myself!!

Hopefully by writing everything down I'm going to hold myself as accountable as possible for my actions & get where I want to be!

So the plan of action for today is:

* Stick to the shopping list - dependent on ys offers, maybe pick something up from the rest of the weeks shopping list.

* Take car for its MOT - booked the cheapest slot AND got 10% off, that took it from £40+ to just under £25!

* Hope car passes it's MOT!

* Surveys - Already done 1.

* Pack up hubby for work tomorrow with leftovers from tea tonight.

* STAY AWAY FROM THE VENDING MACHINE! For the sake of both my purse & my weight!

* Get my daily fill of tea whilst I'm at work & it's free!

* PAD - Done!
  • Hi all

I just found this amazing online community in the later end of this week, so this is my first full week!

- Yesterday I made a massive pot of chilli. We ate some yesterday, and it should be good for another meal for both of us, and a work lunch for me.
    - I've taken all change out of my purse so I'm not tempted by snacks/vending machines at work.
    All change in my house gets sorted by coin type into pots for that coin value. (At some point (when pots are full probably) I'll cash them all in.
    -Let hair air dry
    -Making sure kitty uses up existing stores of breakfast (she had asked for new things yesterday)
    -Finish budget/planning spreadsheet
    -Source a draught excluder for front door for heat conservation
    #Frugal February : NSDs Target =16
    Started here on 07 September 2017: Total:[STRIKE] £20,521[/STRIKE] £19847
    Barclaycard: [STRIKE]£14659[/STRIKE] £14435 Oct 2017 HSBC Credit Card : [STRIKE]£3112[/STRIKE] £3012 Oct 2017
    Overdraft: [STRIKE]350[/STRIKE] £0 Oct2017 MBNA : 2400
    A journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step. I'm on my way!
  • carrielovesfanta
    carrielovesfanta Posts: 2,978 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 11 September 2017 at 5:04PM
    Hello to arc2014 and Tea&kittens :)

Morning guys...

Last night is a prime example of why I'm too ashamed to show my face on here.

Plan: go home, prep dinner and tomorrow's lunch. Little treat at cafe. Home. Reconcile budget sheet. Tidy, be useful.

Reality: walk to cafe from work (5 miles though!). Drink one more glass of wine than expected. Succumb to OH's pleas for a takeaway. Feel bloated, hot and thirsty all night. Wake up early and be faced with washing up and having to cook a pizza from scratch at 6am. Cry in front of my coach at the gym.

Ok... moving on.
    • Meals from plan (will be ok as OH out at work so dinner will be ready when he gets in)
    • Reconcile budget sheet (better late than never)
    • Charge phone in work - done
    • Poss stretching if time
    • Poss crochet if time
    • Make bed (unless OH has been incredibly excited and has done it unprompted :rotfl: )
    • Message my mum re Christmas/birthday money - do I have any left? I'm potentially going to be treating myself to something expensive, but I think it will do me good. - yep. Earmarked £110 out of £600
    Ok, I think that's enough for today. Need some headspace to think about this expensive purchase...

Have a good one all

clf x
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • Hello All,

This is my last week of unemployment as I am due to start my new job on Monday. I have a list of bits to do.

- Popped into town today, parked in the supermarket as I had a few bits to buy so it was free.
    - Used up Next gift cards which were given last Christmas for DD on some new bits, put them away for when we go away next week.
    - Washed the inside windows today and done some more pressure washing on the drive, one more section to go.
    - Cashed in a purchased some survey money and bought a Christmas gift, almost all done!
    - Looked at new glasses, cheaper in store so I see when I can afford them.
    - Dinner is left over roast from yesterday.
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Three new posters, they're like buses! :wave:

Purps, I wondered if there would be end of day perks, it's going to be a mixture of heaven and hell smelling all the lovely deli stuff all day!

La E, well look at you with your home grown kale from your new trug :D I am very envious of your trug, I could trade some of my Mr T vouchers for money off of one a T&M but don't have the room!

After my late wake up yesterday I was awake until 5am this morning, mind racing. I have cancelled this weeks work and am going to spend another week getting my head down on the new venture. I came up with a fantastic one last night (if I say so myself :D) and that is where my heart is at the moment. I will still go back to the other place next week, better the devil you know...

Breakfast was toast made from the crusts of the bread and I had already bought a YS sandwich for lunch. Tonight I WILL cook a roast (as long as DS is in for dinner.)

I have a FB buyer coming to collect something this evening and another tomorrow morning. I have my eye on a soup maker on FB but I only want it to turn my glut of celery (it is the greenest, healthiest looking thing in my garden, it would seem that slugs aren't interested in it!) into celery and Stilton soup and its £15. I'm not even sure that it will be able to cope with celery, I've never cooked celery, does it become any less tough?)

Okay, on with card design, have a good day all :)
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,089 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Hi FVD,
    Yes, celery does soften when cooked. I have a soup maker - it's called a wooden spoon & a pan! Oooh, listen to leery old me! Seriously, why not just make it in a pan & zizz it up with a stick blender......unless you don't have one? Or shove it in a liquidiser type jobber. Then that cheeky little £15 can be spent on something else.....or saved for a treatypoo.
    Just sayin',
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • Good morning all. Long time lurker here, find it really motivational reading your posts every week. Hoping that by posting myself I will be even more motivated.

Today's list:
    * No buying lunch at work, I've brought snacks and yogurts with me and have crackers and cheese spread at work
    * Use time on bus to and from work wisely (40 mins each way) - complete any surveys and make a shopping list for this afternoon
    * Stick to shopping list - on the one hand not too difficult as I will be walking but I always seem to time it when they do y/s so I'll allow a bit for that
    * Get organised for tomorrow - usually OH takes me and LO to work/nursery on Tues & Wed but he's away with work for a few nights. I could take the car but parking is £4.00 a day and the bus pass works out cheaper so just need to be organised.

Well that didn't go to plan at all :mad:

My bank text me just before midday to check I'd made a transaction just then. Imagine the panic as I frantically searched my bag and pockets for my bus pass and debit card :(

I can only assume they have fallen out of my bag or I didn't put them in bag and left them on the bus seat. I can't fault the bank, they're going to reimburse me all three transactions they managed to make and fortunately it won't make me overdrawn. I'm also fortunate that I was sent another card last week I just hadn't started using it.

I'm only out of pocket for my bus pass which I had just bought (£14.50), I've managed to cancel it and they will send me a replacement but it will still only be valid for the same period so if it doesn't arrive until the end of the week it's no good.

So now I'm making new plans for the next few days, need to pick up car from OH workplace so I can use that, his brother is giving me a lift. I've got a return ticket today which I can use Wednesday as I'm staying after work and should hopefully get a lift home. It would be fantastic if the replacement pass arrives in the post on Wednesday otherwise I will end up spending more than £14.50 to get to and from work this week.

Arghhh! So annoyed at myself for being so clumsy.
    LBM September 2012
    Debt at LBM £10,573.00
    Current debt £3,250 (29/12/20)
    Current savings £4,950 (29/12/20)
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,439 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Evening all :)
    Thanks for the start PF :)
    Nice to see new posters :)
    But sorry to hear of your mare of a day Frugal Saver :(

My day looks like this:
    NSD :T
    HM food from the considerable amount I have here :o
    Made a loaf in the BM, which was mostly demolished warm from the breadmaker for lunch (DD and GD came for lunch) :)
    Picked raspberries, blueberries, and some of the French beans, before I was rained off!
    OH bought back a bag of pears someone had given him
    Cleaned sales items and took new stock to sales unit
    Brought some back, unfortunately, which will need to be put away :(
    Listed a couple of things on ebay
    A bit of tidying / throwing out rubbish, bins are collected tomorrow morning, and my bin is never normally full, so it was easy to fit in an extra bag of carp :)
    Had a phone call from the hospital consultant I have been seeing. She says they are still not sure what I have, and would like to put me on an observational clinical trial. Happy to go along with this, although I feel fine so feel a bit of a fraud, and can't help thinking they will end up saying there is nothing wrong with me at all apart from my yucky gall bladder which is coming out anyway :o But it looks as though I will have regular 30 odd mile trips to and from hospital for the near future :(

Still to do:
    Check banks
    Check again for surveys (already done a few for onepoll)
    Think about putting sales stock away!
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,439 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    1LuckyLady wrote: »
    Oh Frugal Saver, what a day! Hope the new pass arrives quickly for you :)

Ds1 has been having school dinners this last week at his new school but I don't want him to have them everyday going forward as its going to cost me a fortune and he's not making very healthy choices (mainly chips so far!). So I'm thinking that on the 2 days he has gym he can have dinners (as the amount of kit they have to carry is huge!) and the other 3 days he will take sandwiches etc but I could do with a easy/healthyish/cheapish cookie/biscuit/traybake type recipe/ ideas so that he's not feeling left out whilst his mates are filling up on giant cookies/ brownies from the school canteen. Any ideas? My usual sweet treat for them of the date cake won't cut it!

Flapjacks are good, and you could shove some dates in if you wanted to :) I always cut the amount of sugar in these as I find the recipes over sweet, and that isn't healthy, is it!
    Any kind of cookies (loads of recipes on the net if you don't have any). Choc chip ones are always popular I find!
    Muffins are always popular - the ones that include fresh fruit are the nicest - we are having raspberry ones atm as I am picking raspberries every day :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure