E.on Warm Home Discount Scheme

Comments

• Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I've just checked the email I received earlier this week and mine also says Eon has received my application for the 2016/17 Warm Home Discount.

Sorry about this poppasmurf_bewdley. fredandwilma kindly brought this to my attention last week and I've been speaking to our Warm Home Discount team about the message on the acknowledgement emails. This is an IT error that has now been escalated to the right people to sort.

The message should read, 'we have received your Warm Home Discount application for the 2017/18 scheme' and not the previous year.

Sorry again for the confusion this message has caused.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    I must have missed that bit. Hopefully a letter will be on its way. I missed this year's WHD with OVO due to a computer error, and cannot let that happen again.

When should I receive some form of communication by post?

Hello SpotlandRules and thanks for dropping an email to our mailbox. I replied this morning.

Hope my email explains where we're at with your Warm Home Discount application. If you need any more details, drop me a line anytime. Happy to help.

Malc
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    As per my first post - The E.on scheme is now open for full registration.

To be on the safe side, I would send your details to the email address in the Profile of either Malc or Helena. An account number plus a copy of the full message you received.

Bear in mind, Malc isn't usually on the forums until Tuesday, but Helena should be on the forums on Monday.

hth

f&w
    E.on's pre registration opened many months ago.

This is now full registration in accordance with:

https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/publications-and-updates/warm-home-discount-whd-key-dates-2016-18

As the Scheme Year 7 is running from June 2017 - March 2018, E.on opened full application process for the WHD Scheme for those in the Broader Group, on Monday 5th June:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=72656212#post72656212

From past experience, E.on always appear to be very prompt to open their WHD scheme (for the Broader Group).

When other companies state the details haven't been finalised, it means they haven't finalised their scheme, as yet. Each supplier can have slightly different eligibility criteria, according to their customer base.

See:

https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/environmental-programmes/social-programmes/warm-home-discount-whd

Notably:

I am in no doubt i have registered for the scheme.

If you feel E.on are being misleading, then it's your right to make a complaint about E.on.

To reiterate - The E.on WHD Scheme is open for full registration, (not pre registration).

Over to the E.on Reps.....................
    Here is this link, again - It's a very informative document and will answer all your questions:

https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/system/files/docs/2016/09/final_whd_supplier_guidance_sy6.pdf

Guidance is provided for suppliers - It's not an en mass roll out, (or exact science).

See -

Notably

(SY7 is WHD scheme 2017/18)

A supplier may also add additional eligibility criteria to the compulsory Broader Group criteria to who gets the discount as suppliers set their own criteria, (in line with specific customer base, as I've mentioned, before.) E.on have set their criteria for 2017/18 and opened the scheme.

Other suppliers simply haven't yet set their criteria and and / or haven't opened the scheme. This doesn’t affect you if you get the discount automatically, without having to apply.

Other information regarding the scheme, has already been mentioned by Malc, earlier in the thread.

As an aside, there is no date to indicate when the government webpage was last updated.

I can't explain any simpler than this.

hth

f&w

Spot on fredandwilma and thanks for posting all that information. Really appreciated. As you say, we opened our Warm Home Discount Broader Group scheme to applications for 2017/18 on 5 June 17.

Hope my posts earlier today have cleared up any confusion but, if customers have any questions and want to take your advice and contact us through our mailbox, we'll be happy to help.

Thanks again fredandwilma and have a good evening.

Malc
  • Anthorn wrote: »
    Very long post which only gets a short reply from me: So what exactly are the details of the 2017/18 scheme? Well, from your posts it appears that only E.ON have those details. The government doesn't know it and neither does any other energy provider that I can find. From what I can see E.ON has juxtaposed the 2016/17 details which are by now out of date and allege that is the details of the 2017/18 scheme. The link you posted to the "key dates" has been available since last year.

here's that government link again:
    https://www.gov.uk/the-warm-home-discount-scheme/what-youll-get

It's all on the application form.

Well it was when I applied, as I had to tick the criteria I met.
  • Anthorn
    Anthorn Posts: 4,362 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker

But how is that that only E.ON has the finalised details of the 2017/18 scheme.

Without reposting my previous posts the only new information I can add related to the information in this thread is that the whole Warm Home Discount Scheme must be administered by E.ON and other energy producers and the government are just lagging behind! Unlikely I would think.

That's right, SpotlandRules. All the details needed to qualify for our Warm Home Discount Broader Group 2017/18 scheme can be found on the application form. This is on our website or available as a paper copy if customers prefer.

Malc
  • fredandwilma
    fredandwilma Posts: 1,251 Forumite
    Chutzpah Haggler I won, I won, I won! Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 14 June 2017 at 10:06AM
    Anthorn wrote: »

Because E.on is a Souper Douper energy company? :rotfl:

Maybe we could rephrase this to : E.on has finalised the details of their scheme, (which may be subject to approval)?

(As I've stated before, there are guidelines in place already, which are subject to approval before any rebates will be confirmed. Note - no application will be approved until your electricity supplier on the qualifying date is confirmed, in any case).
    Fred - Where's your get up and go?

Barney - It just got up and went.

Carpe diem
    Anthorn wrote: »

Without reposting my previous posts the only new information I can add related to the information in this thread is that the whole Warm Home Discount Scheme must be administered by E.ON and other energy producers and the government are just lagging behind! Unlikely I would think.

Morning Anthorn and to add to what I said yesterday (post #21). Our 2017/18 Warm Home Discount scheme for customers who qualify under the Broader Group is now open for applications.

Eligibility and details under the Broader Group are decided separately by each individual energy supplier involved with the scheme. Each supplier has their own approach and timescale. Our scheme stands alone from other suppliers and has no impact on what they do. If they haven't already, I'm sure they'll release details of their particular schemes shortly.

Customers who fall under the Core Group receive their payments automatically. They don't have to do anything. The Government (DWP) will let us know who they are and, provided we supplied their electricity on 9 July 17, we'll sort the payment. The DWP will write to customers from September 17 to let them know.

There's more information including some useful FAQs on our website.

Hope this explains.

Malc
    Because E.on is a Souper Douper energy company? :rotfl:

Maybe we could rephrase this to : E.on has finalised the details of their scheme, (which may be subject to approval)?

(As I've stated before, there are guidelines in place already, which are subject to approval before any rebates will be confirmed. Note - no application will be approved until your electricity supplier on the qualifying date is confirmed, in any case).

That's right fredandwilma. Customers applying for Warm Home Discount need to meet the set guidelines as detailed on our website.

Also, for those in the Core Group, we'll sort the discount if we supplied the electricity on 9 July 17. This applies even if the customer changes supplier. Provided we were the supplier on this date, we'll sort it. If we weren't, whoever supplied the electricity at this time will be responsible for Core payments.

For those qualifying under the Broader Group, we need to be their electricity supplier at the time the payment is made (this can be up to 31 March 18). Customers applying under the Broader Group and who change supplier before payment is made will need to re-apply to their new provider. Applications can't be transferred between suppliers.

For those moving home and qualifying under the Core Group, as long as we supplied the electricity on 9 July 17, we'll still make the payment. If qualifying under the Broader Group and moving home before payment is made, the application will be closed and customers will need to re-apply at their new address.

Hope this is of interest fredandwilma.

Malc
  • Anthorn
    Anthorn Posts: 4,362 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Eligibility and details under the Broader Group are decided separately by each individual energy supplier involved with the scheme. Each supplier has their own approach and timescale. Our scheme stands alone from other suppliers and has no impact on what they do. If they haven't already, I'm sure they'll release details of their particular schemes shortly.

So therefore the qualifying date is likely to be different from supplier to supplier and even the amount awarded could be different from supplier to supplier? And what about the criteria for eligibility across different suppliers? As you say each supplier decides it for themselves so therefore there can be no co-ordinated scheme applicable to all suppliers? In that case, a waste of time the government publishing it.

Looks like E.ON are still the only ones who know the finalised details of the 2017/18 scheme!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure