The end of procrastination and disorganisation.......

Options

Comments

• parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thank you for your replies. They are appreciated...

But today my thoughts go out to all affected in manchester. So, so, so sad.

Kiss your loved ones tonight.

Ali xxx
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • parsniphead
    Options
    Tonight I have made a start on DS's bedrooms.we only spent half an hour pottering but the difference is amazing. Tomorrow we will continue with it and make the room one he is happy to be in. I seem to have started to come out of the other side when it comes to emotional hoarding. There will not be another one so the old stuff needs to go.

I have also made a mini start on the sewing room. This will be continued on the coming week off.

Regarding money my car insurance is due for renewal tomorrow. My renewal quote was £418 :eek::eek::eek:. Today I shopped around and renewed for £305 :j:j:j. I have paid it fully, no more monthly DD's for car insurance for me.:T

It's payday on Wednesday. I need to set strict budgets which I will do tomorrow. No more messing around for me.

Hopefully the weather will be ok tomorrow. I have some more seeds to plant and plants to transplant. It may not be as good as I wanted to its something.

I also have more sewing work to do. The money and business is building bit by bit. :j:T. It's been a long time since I have felt as positive as I do.:)

I'm still working on my big financials. I keep rejigging and changing stuff. I will be on with it soon I promise.

It's been a strange week. One to put life into perspective. Whatever the state of our lives things could be a lot worse eh?

Have a good night all.

P x

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hi Parsniphead

On the towels front, we wash every few days. I have done it more frequently when there has been reason to (like bugs or germs)

Hope you are well.

Bob
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • UncannyScot
    UncannyScot Posts: 2,070 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi Parsniphead,
    Thanks for popping by my diary :D
    Following you and look forward to your updates
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • parsniphead
    edited 4 June 2017 at 1:38PM
    Options
    Thank you Bob and UncannyScot for your comments.

Another sad day out there. My thoughts go out to everyone affected once again by the hate of others.

I wasn't going to post but decided to do so.

I have been off work this week. To be honest I have been so focused on DS that I haven't done much else. I did have plans but they got lost in chaos.;)

The house is still cluttered, very cluttered but I'm working through it slowly. I have ben reading Stuffocation for the past few days which has made me reasses what I what. It's not a writing style which I'm flying through but I am enjoying it.

Money needs lots of work. I still have self employed work coming in which is helping but more is needed to keep me heading towards a debt free status.

My garden is beginning to come to life but my salad leaf has greenfly. :eek:. I have never had this happen before. I will need to get it sorted.

Re the towels I have been using them a couple of times before washing and I'm still here. My goodness it's cut down on the washing so much.

I have three weeks left at work with students and a week at work to do admin which is funny as I only do a register which takes about half an hour. I think I will use the rest of time to make financial plans for the rest of the year. I want to get as much done before this time as possible. I need to use the three weeks I'm not at work and DS is at school to get as much done as I can.

Right DS is up to no good. Need to dash. Back later.

• parsniphead
    Options
    Morning diary.

I seem to have succumbed to the title of my diary and now find myself back at day one. At least from this point I will be moving forward.

Money is a mess, mainly due to DS's birthday party. I should have planned this as I knew I was doing it for a long time, but no. Also I have nothing put back for the summer when I'm not being paid. I will currently be living on takings from my business.

Diaries inspire me so much but I have got behind on reading them. I'm going to spend some time this weekend catching up. They keep me going.

The house, oh the house. What a mess. I know I have DS's birthday presents but that's a small amount. I have to sort this as its getting me down. I have visited 8 different houses as part of my business recently and each and every one is clean, tidy, uncluttered and therefore feels calm. They are normal, everyday, working people. Not posh folks with help. I don't know why mine is so abnormal but it has to change.

Today I'm going to catch up on my washing. It's not too bad but needs not to get out of control. I will get rid of the clutter in the kitchen and clean it. The same with the bathroom. Get rid of the clutter on the stairs and finally finish one piece of paid for work.

Oh and I need to keep DS entertained.

I may need to revisit the plans at the end of the weekend and possibly pull a sickie on Monday. My business work will bring in much more money than a days formal work. It's not ideal but I have to get things done.

• Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,039 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    It's horribly disheartening, isn't it, when the house is a tip. Mine is just slightly less of one than it was the other day... but only slightly. I need to put time and effort in but time and effort are going elsewhere.

A small, clean space will do wonders for your sense of being in control. From there you can target other areas. My personal 'must do' is the bathroom because I always think that if visitors have to use it then firstly they won't be thinking 'Ee-oo' in disgust and secondly they will somehow believe that's the true (tranquil, orderly) state of my house and the mess must be temporary because who would tidy and clean the bathroom when visitors wouldn't necessarily see it? If you followed all that, well done.

I hope the house obliges and you don't need to pull a sickie on Monday - more likely go back to work for a rest! I do see what you mean about it paying better, though. Might it be worth considering cutting your paid hours to concentrate on your own business?
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • hex2
    hex2 Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good to see you updating here. I feel better and motivated when I read diaries and see what others are doing.

Absolutely agree on house, How do people do it? I feel like such a failure when I come back and actually look at mine. 'Oh don't look, its such a mess!' Amateurs :o
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need' Marcus Tullius Cicero
  • Eager_Elephant
    Eager_Elephant Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I feel the same Parsnip - I permanently live in a state of CHAOS and I blinkin' hate it but can't seem to do anything about it.

Luckily we have 2 big dogs so if someone calls by like someone from the village I talk to them on the doorstep while the dogs bark behind me (the reality is that they are big softies and wouldn't hurt a fly).
    The only people who enter are people who have contacted me beforehand - I'm talking weeks here and still the day before I run about cleaning and tidying the house.

In the holidays DD wanted friends over which I agreed to as I had worked all week while she laid in bed all week (she is 14 though) and it took 2 days of cleaning from her and hours and hours of my time to get the house just looking presentable - it wasn't even immaculate. I know she spent a lot of time on her bedroom but the rest of the house looked was bad and of course as teenagers do they wander all through the house so every room had to be done.

I started reading A Slob Comes Cleans which you recommended as the way her mind works is so me.
    I am reading from the start and she is adding to her non-negotiable daily tasks still - this is stuff that normal people do every day but I leave until it has built up into a huge job. One example is the kitchen floor - she now sweeps everyday even if there is hardly anything on the floor and it takes 2 minutes maximum but before (and this is what I do) you let it build up for weeks so it takes 20-30 mins to tidy the stuff off the floor, then sweep it and then wash it thereby feeling like housework takes over your life.

I need to work better and smarter at home and need to practice what I have been reading.

Sorry for my ramble but it really hit a nerve with me.

Hope you get lots done today.

I am having a coffee and then about to carry on tidying as DS is back from Uni for the summer today and I want the house to be tidy. Normally it looks a tip and I know he knows that how we live but I just want to come back to a tidy house for once.
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    I hate dealing with floors, hoovering, brushing or mopping.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure