Half price sky multi room

2»

Comments

• joey123
    joey123 Posts: 232 Forumite
    Hi, bubble i didnt have to pay for installation or the box as i upgraded to sky plus , so not sure hun worth ringing and asking
    2008 WINS
    PS3 AND GAME :j DS LITE GAME:j DVD BOX SET
    DEAL OR NO DEAL GAME :j SO FAR SO GOOD:j
  • Hi,

My sky+ box genuinely broke down on me this morning - stuck on standby!!! Phoned sky to "troubleshoot" and sky came to conclusion that I needed an engineer out to "have a look" Cost = £65!!!! My other option was to take the sky+hd box for £49 and get free installation if I took the multiroom so that would cost me an extra £9.75 for multiroom and £9.75 for HD each month as well as forking out £49 for a new box......so !!!!ed off at that moment I said, No, not paying, would rather cancel and get a freeview box. Usual happened and got put through to cancellations and I think I must have sounded so !!!!ed off he said he was away to check with his manager what they could do for me (I know prob everyone gets that spiel!!)
    He asked why I wasnt considering the new sky+hd box and I said the extra subscription each month was just too much to pay. He said sky prepared to "refund" my line rental each month of £11 (I have sky talk also) for the next 12 months and give me the box for £15!!!!! Was totally shocked.

I think they might just be offering this is you have your line rental with them but worth a go folks..........
    On my way to well earned riches (I hope!) :T:T:T
  • ktuludays
    ktuludays Posts: 368 Forumite
    i pay nothing for sky multi room - i don't actually have it thus saving £9.95 per month
    You got to get through what you've got to go through to get what you want but you got to know what you want to get through what you got to go through.
  • naty2kn3
    naty2kn3 Posts: 51 Forumite
    bubble098 wrote: »
    hi all - just quick question about half price multi rooms offers... did you have to pay for box and installation???? ive got sky+ downstairs and wouldnt mind (at half price anyway!) sky upstairs just standard box will be fine but wondering if will have to pay for box and installation thanks x

To Bubble,

Funny i should read this topic just now when I have just gotten off the phone to sky! Well, I am in the same boat as you, i've got sky+hd downstairs and wanted a standard sky box for use on my projector system in my second living room, well..... they will give u the box for free... but..... you have to pay a whopping £60 for installation plus then you have to pay £9.75 for multiroom per month! I told them to stick it! Don't know if this is of any use to you but I've been looking in some second hand shops and many of them sell sky plus boxes for like £25. And it's not rocket science to install it yourself. So my next plan is to buy a box from the second hand shops, install it myself, then ring them up to ask for sky multiroom then they will just send you the new card.... which I think for me is the best option next really. and the cheapest!

Hope that helps
    Natalie
  • naty2kn3 wrote: »
    To Bubble,

Funny i should read this topic just now when I have just gotten off the phone to sky! Well, I am in the same boat as you, i've got sky+hd downstairs and wanted a standard sky box for use on my projector system in my second living room, well..... they will give u the box for free... but..... you have to pay a whopping £60 for installation plus then you have to pay £9.75 for multiroom per month! I told them to stick it! Don't know if this is of any use to you but I've been looking in some second hand shops and many of them sell sky plus boxes for like £25. And it's not rocket science to install it yourself. So my next plan is to buy a box from the second hand shops, install it myself, then ring them up to ask for sky multiroom then they will just send you the new card.... which I think for me is the best option next really. and the cheapest!

Hope that helps
    Natalie

I might just do this too - only thing is i'll have to find someone to attach it to the dish for me as i would have no idea how or what is done (means paying someone darn it).

I have heard that if you get a second hand box and don't pay for the multiroom subscription that you can still get freesat without a viewing card (we can't get freeview here yet), does anyone know if this is true? If so, how?

Many thanks
    Mummy of 3 lovely munchkins :smileyhea
  • I don't know if this info may help anyone else out.. I recently decided to have a change around in my lounge - whcih mean i needed the wires to be longer for the sky box, as they used to be right by the external wall, with only enough wire to just about reach the box (tight install guy wouldn't give me any length when he did it first time around).. Well I rang them, to get an extention for it - £60 they wanted for a guy to come out and give me the wire.. thats without installing it! - that was me off on one to a manager, saying i wanted to leave cause they wouldn't give me the wire for free.. so off the guy went, and came back saying he'd do it for free if i didn't leave.

When the guy came out, I asked about multi room, as I quite liked the idea of having it in my bedroom which is next door - so he just cut be off another long bit of wire that I could connect into the back of the sky box, and run through the wall and into the back of telly using a "Sky Eye" also known as a sky TVlink - which you can pick up at tescos and maplins for about £14 - 20 with a remote, which means you can watch whatever is on the sky in the next room so free..

Obviously this might not help everyone, if you want to be able to watch different things in each room, but its perfect for me, cause i can now watch sky in bed! haha :j

Does anyone know if your on the basic package and say your leave cus of the credit crunch they would discount the price? I only pay £16 a month, but if theres a chance of getting it for less then why not..:beer:
  • My Sky+ box packed up about 3 weeks ago and I was offered a callout of £65, despite been told by a local and reliable engineer that the box was stuffed. After about 20 minutes on the phone to Sky, I was put through to cancellations - it was there that I was offered a free callout and replacement box, which is what I got. If you're a long standing customer, you have to be persistant, but you get there in the end. Still paying a tenner for multiroom though - think I'll give Sky a call.
  • i just moved into a house that has the wires for sky+ downstairs and a wire from the sky dish in the bedroom, do you think that if i got a second hand sky box it would have the same effect as multiroom or would i only be able to watch what is on downstairs?
    :TIf your happy and you know it clap your hands :T
  • i just moved into a house that has the wires for sky+ downstairs and a wire from the sky dish in the bedroom, do you think that if i got a second hand sky box it would have the same effect as multiroom or would i only be able to watch what is on downstairs?

You'll be able to watch the free channels, but you'll need a subscription for any Sky Channels.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure