PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Options

Comments

• FairyPrincessk
    Options
    Afternoon all,

Just stopped for a cuppa. Only the bathroom left to clean and a bit of washing up to do to finish off today's chores. OH is making tea so will sit and knit a bit while he does that. We haven't picked a destination for tomorrow, will let OH choose if he is feeling up to it, but I'll try to keep it simple--sandwiches, fresh air and either a walk or a historic site. We both slept in this morning and then did the shop and hit the gym. OH seems quite positive today, hopefully MIL and FIL are as well. I find myself more worried about them feeling worried than about FIL's health given what the doctors have said. Strange I guess, I just don't want them feeling afraid or worried. It was the same with dad's stroke, once I knew where things were medically I was more worried about helping mum and dad cope and get back to enjoying life. I guess it is just comforting to find there is something I can do something about.

Nursemaggie, thanks for the tip. SIL is a medical professional and is good at asking the right questions but I'll let OH know they should add that to the list for Monday or Thursday. The consultant did assure them it was a milder chemo, although of course some side effects do happen with all chemo.

Burtha, do as you please this evening. You're doing so splendidly holding it all together and keeping the kids together. Take time off when it comes and enjoy it thoroughly. I also wouldn't worry, no matter how good they are at maths at school, the kids will quickly see the new house, new car and holidays and that dad doesn't have money to do things with them and they'll know where his priorities are. I mean, really, there isn't any need for a voodoo doll and pins, he seems quite good at tripping himself up.
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    burtha: here's to dancing on tables! Just don't sprain anything and tell us all about it tomorrow.
    If you can remember anything of course.

x
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,510 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Burtha you give them tables a pounding x Please, and I repeat, please stay away from the phone/tablet - drunk revenge via social media is never pretty, do NOT give him the satisfaction - besides that - have fun, Hun x
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,142 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Islandmaid wrote: »
    Burtha you give them tables a pounding x Please, and I repeat, please stay away from the phone/tablet - drunk revenge via social media is never pretty, do NOT give him the satisfaction - besides that - have fun, Hun x

Agree 100%

Have a lovely evening.
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,142 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Softstuff - pics are fabulous. Feel free to come and stay any time... ;) If you could visit at the same time as GQ, that would be even better as between you I'd have indoors and outdoors sorted in no time!
  • Softstuff
    Softstuff Posts: 3,086 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Eek Ivyleaf, sorry about the odd adverts on that image site. I'd always used imageshack, but free hosting there is no more, so that was one of the two recommended when I did a forum search. Maybe I should have picked the other one! The basin certainly isn't for everyone and has raised a few eyebrows :D Our builder was quite disdainful of it, but the point for us is we're renovating exactly to our tastes this time (I've never managed to live anywhere I renovated for long). Those injections can be wonderful, we do them at work, I hope they last a good while for him.

Monnagran.... a .. pink... plastic... stool. :eek:
    As for someone wanting to die to your voice, it tells me we've found who to use for the voiceover on the automatic euthanasia machines :p

MMF007, yep, in Aus. With the large creepy crawlys. And snakes. I had to google what a Pembroke table is, they're very nice, I hope you get yours.

Oh Burtha, hugs to you and your kids. I have a few choice names for him too. He really has no clue that he'll be alienating them for life. My biological father died recently, shortly before he did he began phoning me, looking for reconciliation I guess (we'd been on speaking terms but not too friendly). He apologised for not being a great dad when I was younger (he left mum to move in with his new gf when I was 11). I replied, "no, you were ****" and that was that. The kids'll be fine long term Burtha, they have 1 obviously loving parent, but he's lost them.

Greenbee, it's take 2 1/2 years to get to this point here! Though I have to say, it isn't as though we've only done those 2 rooms and nothing else has been touched, it's just that they're still the only finished rooms. So, if I was staying to help out, I'd be a long term lodger!

Anyhoo, I got out of bed at 6.15 on a Sunday just so I could steal this puter and talk to you lot, so I'm going back there now. I'll likely be back next Saturday Aus time, so, be ready with that fishy update Monna ;)
    Softstuff- Officially better than 007
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I may have been dancing (round my living room) on Burtha's behalf ;)

..... I was merely checking the sturdiness of tables to avert any mishaps :cool:

Home held parties are often the best: you can select your own tunes and volume levels for a start :D

I hope you've had a great night Burtha :) xx
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,405 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Burtha hope you had a good time, you deserve a bit of happiness.
    I on the other hand couldn't manage to dance on a table, but tried the step stool........... and fell off. I'm ok but sporting some bruises in several different shades and a lump on my temple,where I fell on my glasses :eek:. I think I'll try to keep my feet firmly on the floor in the future :rotfl:. And no I hadn't touched a drink, although perhaps it might have helped cushion the fall ;).
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Burtha hope you had a good time, you deserve a bit of happiness.
    I on the other hand couldn't manage to dance on a table, but tried the step stool........... and fell off. I'm ok but sporting some bruises in several different shades and a lump on my temple,where I fell on my glasses :eek:. I think I'll try to keep my feet firmly on the floor in the future :rotfl:. And no I hadn't touched a drink, although perhaps it might have helped cushion the fall ;).

Oh goodness nannywindow, I hope you're okay and that your glasses weren't damaged!
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,006 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Oh dear Nanny, hope you're ok. I think we'll ban you from that step stool!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback