[Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Well, we know it wasn't over 50%!
  • DKG62
    DKG62 Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    Well, we know it wasn't over 50%!
    When I cancelled it they wanted over £40 a month. I looked elsewhere and got it for half as much and it was the same company that Nationwide were acting as an agent for! To me that means Nationwide were getting 100% commission!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    DKG62 wrote: »
    When I cancelled it they wanted over £40 a month. I looked elsewhere and got it for half as much and it was the same company that Nationwide were acting as an agent for! To me that means Nationwide were getting 100% commission!
    Your calculations are utterly flawed I'm afraid.
    The fact that Nationwide were retailing the insurance for twice as much as your new provider does not indicate that the level of commission was over 50%!

Your complaint is going nowhere.

Your complaint has been rejected not because of an opinion about mis-selling but because of the fact that the commission was below the 50% tipping point. The Ombudsman can't change this.
    Nationwide have not quoted what commission they charged!
    Nationwide in their rejection letter have not stated what their level of commission is!
    As long as the commission charged was less than 50%, it really doesn't matter. Certainly, they are not now required to provide you with the actual percentage figure as part of your rejection.
  • DKG62
    Options
    The fact that Nationwide were retailing the insurance for twice as much as your new provider does not indicate that the level of commission was over 50%!

Your complaint has been rejected not because of an opinion about mis-selling but because of the fact that the commission was below the 50% tipping point. The Ombudsman can't change this.

As long as the commission charged was less than 50%, it really doesn't matter. Certainly, they are not now required to provide you with the actual percentage figure as part of your rejection.
    Right I was never told that, they ought to be save wasting my time filling all the paper work to the ombudsman !
  • DKG62
    Options

It wasn’t a new company, it was the same company I just went direct to them instead of going via Nationwide and it was half the price! Nationwide never explained I could do this when I originally took out the PPI if that ain’t mis selling or a nice bit of commission then I don’t know what is other than a bloody big con!
  • FBK78
    Options
    I reclaimed nearly 4K from Lloyds for credit card and loan ppi dating back to 2000. Went directly through bank and took a total of 7 weeks
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Nationwide never explained I could do this when I originally took out the PPI
    Nationwide were under no such obligation to tell you that cheaper alternatives were available from other providers. Do you also expect that shoppers in Tesco should be told that it is cheaper in Asda?

Time to forget about this. You were not mis-sold, were not charged commission of over 50% and you won't ever be getting a refund.

Sorry.
    If MPPI is not affected by Plevin why isn’t Martin Lewis making that clear
    Martin Lewis sold this site some years ago. If you want an apology from him, try asking on his Twitter page.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,371 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    If MPPI is not affected by Plevin why isn’t Martin Lewis making that clear on his videos,

He has said before that he cannot cover all the quirks or nuances in the short segments that he does.

There are other quirks that involve dates too.

Most MPPi complaints fail. He doesnt say that either. It just gets captured under all the PPI noise.
    he is saying if you got rejected last time go again because average PPI commission was 67%!

Average means some above, some below. Loan PPI is way above 67% in many cases. Plus, loan PPI dominates. So, it sways the average.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • GTX1080user
    Options
    Hi everyone this is not my first post I just can't remember my old UN details but it's been a few years since I was on here, I do hope this is the correct place to post this regarding PPi claims?

Anyways Wow have I just been messed about by a company trying to claim ppi...so much so I've just emailed them telling them to cancel everything and IF they seek legal advice for whatever I'll be waiting with all the evidence I sent them!

Let me start from the beginning,

I was looking for a PPI company as I've had about 5 Credit cards over the last 13 years and I think at least 2 of them have ppi, So it's a minefield out there looking for the right company as the Net is saturated with all these companies trying to get your details to skim around 40% off your claim for their duties to contact the companies you want to claim from, I found one which was offering just "10%" charge from the overall money they claim back for you and I was like Wow!

So I looked at their reviews (Something you should ALWAYS do) and tbh they looked reasonable, (But not great) One thing caught my attention and having been using the Net since 1998 I have gained the ability and knowledge to search out companies that wear certain boots with "Stirrups", But the one thing I couldn't help but notice about this one company I was interested in was lots of the reviews on the review sites where being done by people/members who have only one review or at most two reviews, Now we all know to open a new email its free and its simple and to open a new account on these review sites is childsplay!

I am NOT saying they are doing their own reviews but I have come across companies that have over the years and it's worth noting this point.

So I became rather suspicious of this site and the validity of some of these reviews? I also noticed on some of the negative ones that this "So called" company had replied with a very Scripted body of text! "We strive to keep our company with great customer feedback" or words to that affect Etc Etc...you know the normal robotic replies it was so clich! I started to think the site was run by algorithms, Something I noticed as well was one of the negative reviews had a reply from them and in it there was No reference to finding out what the reviewers issue was and how to gain a solution from both parties? There was nothing! there was no "Please contact us to help you sort this issue out"..Bizarre... A reputable company needs criticism to know where its weakness is and to move onwards forwards...This company was ignoring people's concerns!

Anyways I ran out of time to look and had little chance to sort it so I thought I'd send them an email and see how it goes....Oh how I regret that! The company concerned is called "ReclaimPPI.co.uk" I got all the stock emails from them asking for my details which I filled in asap, I received another email saying the banks ect have Three months to communicate back so I was rather naive in thinking I'd have this sorted by Christmas this year (2017) as it was July when I applied, So they asked for all the banks/building societies I had used So I gave them my personal details and the companies I wanted to claim from.....Wow this is looking grand "I thought".

Two weeks later I was asked by "ReclaimPPI" for more info by HBOS and other banks I was claiming against, So I was able to do this as I have the statements and even old Credit cards from all them years ago! Anyways I scanned them converted them to PDF which is the ONLY acceptable format for this outfit of a company!

Then the issues started....I received another email two weeks later asking for the EXACT same information? Hu I'd already sent it weeks before And got a email back saying they had received it? I checked my "Sent" folder and read the emails I had sent them and sure enough I had sent them the correct details and it was the exact information they asked for? So I sent it again....And again I had ANOTHER reply a week or so later asking the Exact same? I had my wife check all this to make sure I was sending the correct things, My wife is a Teacher and also a Proof reader. So I emailed them and had this Unbelievable reply " Thank you for your email. Please note it may take up to 20 working days before we can get back to you. This is so that we can concentrate on processing your claims, chasing the banks and claiming back your money" SERIOUSLY! They take TWENTY WORKING DAYS to get back to you?? What a load of Codswallop!

So I called them on their "0333" which is a Normal landline rate and I waited and waited and waited and got through to someone who left me waiting and waiting and they come back and forgot who I was on the phone??? I hung up! & decided that this was the end for me I had email after emails after emails asking for the same documentation I had sent more than a month before...And as I stated this was checked by myself and my wife..!

So I have just had Another email from them this is months on asking me for the exact same thing? This must of been the 5th or 6th if not more from what I can remember asking the same thing, I have sent them a Text Screenshot telling them I want them to cancel it all and as I stated IF they want to sue me "Go for it I'm ready".

It would seem the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing? Is this a REAL business? or just a sweatshop somewhere? We all know you can run a business from an official formal looking address this doesn't mean you are employing a vast amount of people...like what this company is portraying..

I very briefly researched the company at companies house as well as other sites and there is almost nothing on there about them? They are affiliated to another company called "XMS Limited" Who again there is nothing online about them? The BIG question I'd like to know is "Who are these companies we are sending our personal details to?"

Are they governed? Monitored? Checked? How do we even know if they are based in England even thou their site states they are based in Bristol?

We all know building decent Websites is ten a penny you don't even need to know Dreamweaver now a day's it's all templates? so you cannot judge a company's validity by its website, Also What happens to all my personal details?

1) Destroyed?

2) Kept on file??

When the claim has ended like mine where I want to cancel everything what happens to my details?? Will they be sold to companies who can SPAM me to death or even ID fraud? There is nothing about this company online anywhere!

This company who I know nothing of (My fault I took a chance) who offer no company information online you have no way of knowing who they are apart from they are associated with other another company who again there is NO DETAILS OF? Here is the other company they are affiliated with: financialclaimsmadesimple.co.uk it's also ironically worth putting this on here that on the same floor where they are so called based there is the "Ministry of Justice" office...

I wanted to see if anyone else had the same issue with this company and if anyone can offer a personal experience with a better reputable ppi company please? And if anyone can answer any of the above comments and questions I kindly asked...

So back to Square one...Thanks for wasting months of my time and when I say its precious time I means its precious time...Shame on you ReclaimPPI.co.uk and However runs that outfit.

I Can provide ALL screenshots to back every point made on this thread if needed.

Thanks.
  • GTX1080user
    Options
    Thanks for the reply! I have some substance in all this, They are NOT doing the role they set out to do. If one party fails on their side then legally the other side can pull out, my aunt is a solicitor so she will represent me if it goes to court and I've already spoken to her the evidence I have via emails which throws doubt that they are actually progressing the claim forwards but rather hindering it due to their disorganisation and this stands in a court of law...Either way I'll be in touch.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback