I wanna buy an airwalker..are they any good?

Hi i've noticed alot of Carl Lewis Air Walkers for sale on ebay. Has anyone ever tried one of these? Are they any good? I once bought a cheapish (£120) exercise bike that was very uncomfortable and with a c**p pedal action. Eventually it just fell to bits!

Can anyone reccommend a good airwalker? I've noticed that the newest models have hydraulic action...is this better? Any advice is appreictated as i'm fast on my way to a size 14 and i'd rather be heading the other way to a 10!!!!

Thanks!
<('@')> Oink

Comments

• Dennis99
    Dennis99 Posts: 387
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Get your hat and coat on and go for a proper walk and save £100! ;)

Mind you I've got a Springer Spaniel X Labrador so I get out at least twice a day. :j
  • cuffie
    cuffie Posts: 1,124 Forumite
    I agree...a friend of mine bought one of these for £120 (bargain, in the sale etc etc), used it for 2 weeks, used as a clothes horse for 2 years and ended up selling thru the local paper for a third of the price! Don't do it!! I bought a Pilates Performer from QVC and sold it 2 years later for half the price..... :)
  • I actually have one of the Carl Lewis ones (got mine from Argos).

Like most exercise equipment, they are good at what they do, but you need to keep yourself motivated to keep using it. A regular walk I find works better these days - fresh air is much nicer.
  • SambaRamba
    SambaRamba Posts: 357 Forumite
    Thanks everyone for your replys. I know I should get out walking more often but i'm too scarred to go out on my own...I don't exactly live in the roughest part of town but since the police will take into custody anyone under 18 who isn't with an adult after 9pm you can see my area has its problems. Unfortunately i'm only free to go walking on an evening at the moment so it looks like i'll be going for an airwalker...here's hoping I can keep it up!!
    <('@')> Oink
  • Dennis99
    Dennis99 Posts: 387
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    SambaRamba wrote:
    Thanks everyone for your replys. I know I should get out walking more often but i'm too scarred to go out on my own...I don't exactly live in the roughest part of town but since the police will take into custody anyone under 18 who isn't with an adult after 9pm you can see my area has its problems.

Another advantage of a biggish dog plus I'm 14 stone of muscle (OK with a fat coating!) and look like a meaner version of Phil Mitchell. :D
  • I have the Tony little Gazelle airwalker and it has been fantastic, as long as you do not get bored and motivate yourself it will work, I went from just under 19 stone to 14 :j ( 40 inch waist down to 34 inch ), because of the festive period i have put a litle back on so I will be back exercising on my walker again, here is a link for QVC where it seems to be a good deal. Good luck ! ;)
    http://www.qvcuk.com/ukgasp/frameset.asp?nest=%2Fukgasp%2FIsItemNumberRedirect.asp&country=uk&txtDesc=431165&Submit=GO
  • SambaRamba
    Ha ha Dennis!

Thanks Gadget for the QVC link...just checking it out.
    <('@')> Oink
  • LoLo
    LoLo Posts: 545
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I had an air walker until I moved into my new house and there was no room for it. I thought it was excellent and really slimmed down my hips and thighs. put it in front of tv and I could seem to go on forever. I would def have another if I ever had the space for one.
  • SambaRamba
    Thanks LoLo i'm definately going to get one now. I think i'll go for the one at QVC.
    <('@')> Oink
  • Far better to get across/ eliptical trainer as they will tone more muscles. Look out that the angle of the foot plates are not too steep as you feel like you are tipping forward. I only use the one at the gym now not the one I have at home because of this problem.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure