Options

Comments

• Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hope the work comes off.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • Katzen
    Katzen Posts: 535 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    Evening, hope you're feeling a bit better. Totally know what you mean about teaching being so consuming, I am hating it since going back from maternity leave as I just cant put it before my baby but it's not possible to do a good job if I don't. I hope your new work comes together for you.
    Mortgage Outstanding Nov '16 £142,772.75
    Mortgage Additional OPs 2017 Target £4522.80/ Actual £865.00
    GC Feb 0/£200
  • Tete_en_l'Air
    Options
    Thanks both. Katzen, I feel for you - it always amazes me how anyone could teach and have a family.

I've just had another little snooze, I hope I can sleep tonight now! Hot choccy and book on the go...
    Weightloss: 14.5/65lb
  • ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    Options
    The trouble is the class is 7-9 and I was so busy with the lesson that I didn't eat a proper tea so I was starving by the time I drove home at 9.30, stopped at the garage and bought five chocolate doughnuts and ate them all :o Honestly what is the point of forcing myself to drink herbal teas all day to limit my sugar intake if I'm going to go and pull a stunt like that? :wall:

Don't "limit your sugar intake" in that way. Decide how much total carbohydrate you're going to have in a day, then feed it to yourself gradually (checking the GI of your food would be even better). Otherwise, your blood sugar will soar, crash and burn, and you'll binge and generally not know where you are.
    I think I'm going to take a coffee to bed and read a chapter of my book and see how I feel after that. I feel great from the shoulders down.

That's good. Most times I feel OK from the ankles down... ;)
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • tootallulah
    tootallulah Posts: 2,197 Forumite
    Options
    Hello Tete nice to see you, what a tough few years......I hope the job works out. I swapped Slimmers World for Weight Watchers which suits me better. I tracked everything on line and got a deal through Quidco.

Re Grandmother, you need to build your own life of which she is part but not the centre it sounds terrible but you need your own life to flourish.
  • Tete_en_l'Air
    Options
    ZTD wrote: »
    Don't "limit your sugar intake" in that way. Decide how much total carbohydrate you're going to have in a day, then feed it to yourself gradually (checking the GI of your food would be even better). Otherwise, your blood sugar will soar, crash and burn, and you'll binge and generally not know where you are.

Hi ZTD - yes I do know this in theory :o It was my own lack of time management I think, I had meant to have bolognese and pasta before my lesson I think but ended up just having the bolognese (a batch cooked portion from the freezer, heated in the microwave) because I didn't have time to do the pasta, but then because I was still active and not winding down for the evening I was starving by 9pm. :o Must be more organised!
    Hello Tete nice to see you, what a tough few years......I hope the job works out. I swapped Slimmers World for Weight Watchers which suits me better. I tracked everything on line and got a deal through Quidco.

Re Grandmother, you need to build your own life of which she is part but not the centre it sounds terrible but you need your own life to flourish.

Hi Tootallulah! I did do WW for a while but with that and calorie counting, I find that if a bar of chocolate has the same 'value' as two apples say, then I'll go for the chocolate every time. With SW there's so much free food that you can fill up on, thats better for me (when I do it right, see above) - I don't think I've articulated that very well, still got a fuzzy head.

And you're so right about my grandma, and I do know this, but it's hard and I always feel so guilty. As I said, I do try not to just jump and do everything for her because I know I have to put my own life first. But yeah, guilt.
  • Tete_en_l'Air
    Options
    I did manage to motivae myself slightly and get a couple of things done yesterday so here's an updated to do list from the other day:
    - [STRIKE]Wash up[/STRIKE] and clean kitchen
    - [STRIKE]Do a Mother Hubbard inventory[/STRIKE]
    - [STRIKE]Meal plan[/STRIKE]
    - [STRIKE]Food shopping[/STRIKE]
    - [STRIKE]Set up spend tracker app[/STRIKE]
    - [STRIKE]Post birthday card[/STRIKE]
    - Write and post holiday postcards - half done
    - Respond to emails - half done
    - Unpack properly

- [STRIKE]More washing[/STRIKE]
    - [STRIKE]Prepare Spanish class[/STRIKE]
    - Open post
    - [STRIKE]Phone about job[/STRIKE]
    - Car - pump tyres, car wash, fill screen wash, clear out litter
    - [STRIKE]Take coat to be re-zipped[/STRIKE]

The woman in the repairs shop was brilliant when I showed her my coat zip. I'd gone in expecting to have to pay £20+ and wait a couple of weeks to have my zip replaced (which I was OK with as I love the coat), and she said, "I'll try this first" and just nipped the zipper together ever so slightly with some pliers and hey presto! And she didn't charge! :money: So there's a little tip - if you have a zip that's not doing up smoothly or remains 'open' after it's been zipped, just try the plier trick!

Having looked at the job again I wasn't sure if it was really for me, and since then of course it seems I should have plenty of work next term so I've crossed that off the list. I'm going to keep my eye out though because I do really want to break out of the work I'm doing.

I am still feeling extremely fuzzy and sneezing constantly but I'm desperate to bring a bit of order into my home and life in general. So today:

- Clean living room
    - Clean kitchen
    - Finish unpacking
    - Put laundry away
    - Wash towels
    - Respond to emails
    - Open post
    - Deal with paperwork
    - Check financial situation
    - Write and post postcards
    - Car - pump tyres, clean out inside, car wash, screen wash, petrol

I really want a clean and ordered downstairs because next week I want to move all the furniture out of the kitchen and decorate. It took me so long to do my bedroom that I'm dreading the kitchen which is twice the size and includes wallpapering :eek: I've never wallpapered before so any hints and tips gratefully accepted!
  • lulabelle
    Options
    omg T, you have put me to shame with your running and excellent fund raising skills - amazing!!!!

I reckon weight loss issue must be down to diet then as running should help shed pounds/keep it off. Maybe look at body coach lean in 15 programme?! x
    I want to be a writer
  • Tete_en_l'Air
    Options
    Thanks Lula :) I know the cause - when I'm stressed or unhappy or bored or lonely or tired I eat too much of the really bad stuff as evidenced by the five doughnuts the other night. My actual meals are pretty balanced and mostly made from scratch, it's the whole tubes of pringles and family sized bars of chocolate that do the damage :o It's a cycle I need to break out of.
  • lulabelle
    lulabelle Posts: 944 Forumite
    Options
    yes, I hear you. As my best mate says "it's not the extra chicken breast that's going to make you fat".

I'm allegedly overweight anyway according to my obs & gynae - have a bmi of 26 and she wants me to get down to 24
    I want to be a writer
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport