Mercedes Benz World Day Out

2»

Comments

• pkempc
    pkempc Posts: 125 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Home Insurance Hacker!
    Just returned from a day trip to both the Brooklands motorsport and aviation museum and also the adjoining Mercedes Benz World centre.

We thoroughly enjoyed both attractions. At the museum you absolutely must get a ride in a vintage racing car around what remains of the banked circuit - at a £1 per person it was a real hoot! Also they have a London Routemaster double decker bus which nearly tips over as it trundles round- take a change of pants!:eek:

The Merc centre is free to enter with all the latest range from Smart cars to Maybachs to sit in. There's a short film & a 3D ride, cafe, restaurant plus all the ( pay for ) driving experiences. Highly recommended.

PS for those that aren't into planes & automobiles there's the usual out of town retail barns on the same site.
    Assume 1st – then check the facts!
  • meester
    meester Posts: 1,879 Forumite
    pkempc wrote: »
    Just returned from a day trip to both the Brooklands motorsport and aviation museum and also the adjoining Mercedes Benz World centre.

We thoroughly enjoyed both attractions. At the museum you absolutely must get a ride in a vintage racing car around what remains of the banked circuit - at a £1 per person it was a real hoot! Also they have a London Routemaster double decker bus which nearly tips over as it trundles round- take a change of pants!:eek:

The Merc centre is free to enter with all the latest range from Smart cars to Maybachs to sit in. There's a short film & a 3D ride, cafe, restaurant plus all the ( pay for ) driving experiences. Highly recommended.

PS for those that aren't into planes & automobiles there's the usual out of town retail barns on the same site.

Just to clarify, the former is a museum which costs money to get into, and is not associated with Mercedes Benz World, apart from being adjacent. The Mercedes Benz World is free basically you go and drool over the S-Class AMGs and marvel at the softness of the leather and open the doors and play with them, or gaze at the McLaren SLR from behind a rope, and you can watch people driving out the windows. They also do driving lessons for 14-year olds (or anyone big enough to reach the pedals)

If you want to do the driving experience, best book it in advance, you can do M-Class offroad, £100 for an hour, or drive an AMG for 60 minutes for £150, or do a handling course for £75 for 30 minutes.

The shopping's pretty grim, there's a Tesco/M&S, Argos, and Mothercare.
  • i'm thinking of surprising my boyfriend with this. but how long do you get to do the driving? is the track one better than he off-road???
  • crates
    crates Posts: 2 Newbie
    Man oh man. I wish they'd bring this back.

My girlfriend (yes gf!) is enamored with the new S500 but we can't afford one. It would be amazing if they did another one like this next time we're in the UK. I suppose I'm just dreaming.
  • SimbaSimon
    SimbaSimon Posts: 810 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    crates wrote: »
    Man oh man. I wish they'd bring this back.

My girlfriend (yes gf!) is enamored with the new S500 but we can't afford one. It would be amazing if they did another one like this next time we're in the UK. I suppose I'm just dreaming.

Its still open by the looks of it.

http://www2.mercedes-benz.co.uk/content/unitedkingdom/mpc/mpc_unitedkingdom_website/en/home_mpc/MBWorldBrooklands.flash.html
  • nice.. i just wonder if they also showcase the Mercedes Benz repair on that auto show? i mean do they give insight on how the easiest about the engine and all the parts.? :)
  • Still going strong - free activiteis for the whole family over half term :)

Mercedes Benz World activities
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories