Yodel - shockingly bad - email address anyone?

Comments

• gwapenut
    gwapenut Posts: 1,355 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 5 December 2011 at 8:00PM
    Mike_s wrote: »
    Can the Forum moderators PLEASE get a message to Martin? There needs to be a National campaign about ALL the "delivery services" (i.e. NO deliveries, No Service at all). I previously had no luck getting deliveries from DHL or City Link and Now YODEL are similalry failing.
    As customers who have paid for a delivery WHY are we asked to COllect our items?
    I have had three packages due and failed deliveries in the last month all via YODEL. One Amazon market seller business who is refusing to deal with the issue, one from Lego and 2 direct Amazon sales. yes that doesn't add up, one of these is a returns collection to Amazon.
    Yodel's website arranged the collection automatically but then I get an email from the company saying they wont collect till 2 days later than thier OWN SYSTEM booked it.
    I did raise my issues with Amazon and they have sent the other item out by Royal mail. I'm still down by two purchases and one return. A Yodel driver even bullied my son (14) into signing for an item I had told the company to return to sender after they had failed to deliver within the promised 5 days. The company (YDOEL) have not replied to any contact I have made to them about this.

I am actively asking each online retailer BEFORE purchase who they post with and will now only buy an item if they will use the Royal Mail. YODEL do not deliver.

Report the amazon marketplace seller to trading standards and cite yodel as the delivery agent.
  • gwapenut
    custardy wrote: »
    you seem to be forgetting a small matter
    the millions of people who are happy with the service they receive
    the majority of people who post on forums will those with problems
    If you dont like the service then don't use the companies offering it

So are you forgetting something I'm afraid ... all companies, good and bad, do have, as you say, at least a minority of unhappy customers who complain.

The difference between yodel and a good company is that good companies do not either encourage, or pressurise (jury's out on this one) their drivers to fabricate fictitious delivery records.

This is not purely a matter of statistics - yodel's management style is resulting in some delivery driversat least feeling the need to lie about the work they've preformed that day.
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    gwapenut wrote: »
    So are you forgetting something I'm afraid ... all companies, good and bad, do have, as you say, at least a minority of unhappy customers who complain.

The difference between yodel and a good company is that good companies do not either encourage, or pressurise (jury's out on this one) their drivers to fabricate fictitious delivery records.

This is not purely a matter of statistics - yodel's management style is resulting in some delivery driversat least feeling the need to lie about the work they've preformed that day.

and you think yodel are the only delivery company doing the same?
    the difference between a 'good' company and Yodel can be as simple as how far along the route you live
  • gwapenut
    edited 5 December 2011 at 8:48PM
    custardy wrote: »
    and you think yodel are the only delivery company doing the same?
    the difference between a 'good' company and Yodel can be as simple as how far along the route you live

I can only speak in previous comments of the lies I have been told by Yodel, but in this case I was responding about your reply to Mike_S who had stated 'There needs to be a National campaign about ALL the "delivery services"'.

I deliberately didn't use the phrase "good *delivery* company". If this is, as you imply, industry standard, then Mike_S isn't "forgetting something", he's absolutely correct in stating that there needs to be a national campaign against ALL delivery services.

Despite deliberately not using the phrase 'good delivery company', I later confused matters - I agree in hindsight it was badly worded in terms of using "drivers" as an example, but the analogy runs to all kinds of staff.
  • custardy
    I can only speak in previous comments of the lies I have been told by Yodel, but in this case I was responding about your reply to Mike_S who had stated 'There needs to be a National campaign about ALL the "delivery services"'.

I deliberately didn't use the phrase "good *delivery* company". If this is, as you imply, industry standard, then Mike_S isn't "forgetting something", he's absolutely correct in stating that there needs to be a national campaign against ALL delivery services.

Despite deliberately not using the phrase 'good delivery company', I later confused matters - I agree in hindsight it was badly worded in terms of using "drivers" as an example, but the analogy runs to all kinds of staff.

and what do you think a national campaign would end in?
    where do you think the likes of HDNL,yodel etc get their custom?
    its price driven
    customers dont want to pay(just look at the uproar on stamp prices) and businesses need the cheapest services to get custom.
    the couriers need the lowest prices to get the contracts
  • gwapenut
    You're right, we should abolish all trading standards / office of fair trading activity and let all companies get away with everything. Because otherwise, companies like GroupOn wouldn't be able to advertise really cheap prices. Never mind the fact that not all price drops are realistic or all vouchers available, so long as customers get to buy not-as-advertised services at rock bottom prices, that's all that matters.
  • custardy
    You're right, we should abolish all trading standards / office of fair trading activity and let all companies get away with everything. Because otherwise, companies like GroupOn wouldn't be able to advertise really cheap prices. Never mind the fact that not all price drops are realistic or all vouchers available, so long as customers get to buy not-as-advertised services at rock bottom prices, that's all that matters.

I'm telling you where its at.
    people are pushing to the lowest service levels through cost.
    RM is going the same ways. cut,cut,cut and that's with a regulated service
    boxes are ticked but the service drops
    raising the standards is fine but it will come at a real cost.
    Royal Mail SD has a high success rate (probably sitting 99%) but its far more expensive than a courier through a reseller
  • Hi all

Unfortunately it is getting far to common for complaints to start piling up against Yodel and their customer services (or lack of).

Have you considered DX?

whitelabel wrote: »
    ive had shocking service via yodel too.

After waiting in all day I called them and they called the driver to be told was told that the driver couldnt get access.
    I have cctv and was at the property all the time so knew that was a lie. I called them and told them so and strangly 10 minutes later the driver turned up and denied saying he couldnt get access. I called the retailer who checked their tracking system and it stated unable to get access too. I escalated it and the retailer (eurocarparts) was taking it up with yodel as they were not happy at all.

avoid them at all costs (yodel that is)
  • Unfortunately Yodel appear to currently be the preferred courier for Amazon. Hopefully that will change soon.

Try DX maybe?
    I've had a shocking experience with Yodel and my £75 Amazon order that is now god knows where. Someone called Jones signed for it - funnily enough there is no-one of that name in this building, hmm! And plus I was in at the time they supposedly delivered.
    I've emailed Amazon today and told them that if Yodel is their preferred courier I will not be ordering from them again.

After my email to them I got a dispatch notice for my bargainous Nigella Christmas today and sadly that is being sent by Yodel. I might as well start looking for a replacement now as that will be another order I'll never receive. Glad I have nothing else waiting to be dispatched.
  • cwobbles
    cwobbles Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited 6 December 2011 at 1:29PM
    Has anyone got a list of service codes for the depots which get put on the back of missed delivery cards? It's really hard to do anything without it and without a delivery card on a returned to depot package (no comments to say delivery attempted or card left, house was occupied the whole time etc etc) the nightmare that is the Yodel "customer service" line really starts to wind me up! :P

I'm specifically after the Brighton depot code so I can at least try for redelivery..... where it went for 5 days I have no idea...

Status Date Time Signatory Branch Comments
    Parcel returned to delivery depot 03/12/11 09:41 BRIGHTON SERVICE CENTRE
    Out for delivery 28/11/11 08:45 BRIGHTON HOME DELIVERY
    Passed to delivery courier 28/11/11 07:48 BRIGHTON SERVICE CENTRE
    Arrived At Depot 28/11/11 07:09 BRIGHTON SERVICE CENTRE
    Departed Depot 27/11/11 11:03 WEDNESBURY HUB
    Arrived At Depot 27/11/11 11:00 WEDNESBURY HUB
    Parcel data received awaiting coll. 27/11/11 SHEFFIELD SERVICE CENTRE
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories