Regular Savings Accounts: The Best Currently Available List!

Comments

• badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,128
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Am I right in thinking Tesco's Fixed Rate Saver account just keeps your deposit safe until the end of the term whilst letting you transfer the interest on the deposit to an external account?

Yes.

Obviously you won't get interest on your interest that way;)

May I ask why you're considering the Tesco fixed rates? They're not exactly 'chart topping':o
  • Hi Everybody,

I cannot find anything that has changed for this weekend's update. I will do another update next weekend.

SS2

For those new to this thread, the first few posts are constantly updated and are here: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...=608697&page=1
  • Hi Folks,

I have found a change for this weekend's update.

The Chorley BS Children's Regular Saver (Issue 2) account in post 3 has increased its interest rate from 2% to 3% per annum as of yesterday. This is paid on up to £150 per month until a child's 16th birthday. It also appears the two withdrawals per calendar year rule has disappeared.

I will do another update next weekend.

SS2

For those new to this thread, the first few posts are constantly updated and are here: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...=608697&page=1
  • Milarky
    Milarky Posts: 6,352
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    ... as part of TSB's current account war...

5% fixed for 12 months @ £250 per month. Penalty free access to balance BUT requires 'TSB current account' to be held.

http://www.tsb.co.uk/savings/monthly-saver/

Also (it must be a typo) but it claims accounts opened since 1st July were paying the 5% rate. I don't believe that or someone would have mentioned it.
    .....under construction.... COVID is a [discontinued] scam
  • gt94sss2
    gt94sss2 Posts: 5,614
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Milarky wrote: »
    Also (it must be a typo) but it claims accounts opened since 1st July were paying the 5% rate. I don't believe that or someone would have mentioned it.

<cough>Post #3372 </cough> :)

Regards
    Sunil
  • Milarky wrote: »

I opened mine on 1st July having read about it on here. It is one of the easiest accounts I have opened. Done in just a few clicks.
  • afmfifgh wrote: »
    I opened mine on 1st July having read about it on here. It is one of the easiest accounts I have opened. Done in just a few clicks.

Yes, I opened mine on 1st July too, and I also agree it was the easiest accounts I have ever opened. :j
  • Wail
    Wail Posts: 265
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    When setting up your TSB account, how did you set up your first deposit. I cannot transfer and the account is not in the drop down list of accounts to make a standing order to. Do I need to create the accout in the standing order section

I opened the account 48 hours ago
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    It is not obvious and it is illogical..... but you need to set it up as if your Monthly Saver was was an external, non-TSB, account.
  • Hi Everybody,

I cannot find anything that has changed for this weekend's update.

I will do another update the weekend after next.

SS2

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure