Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Options

Comments

• pacifica9
    pacifica9 Posts: 3,262 Forumite
    Options
    silvercar wrote: »
    Thanks for all the birthday wishes.

On holidaY in a totally different time zone at the moment, so not attempting to catch up!

Those are the best birthdays!
    “Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it.” ~ Ferris Bueller
  • underperky
    underperky Posts: 5,217 Forumite
    Options
    Happy belated Birthday Silvercar ..... hope you had a good day
  • curlgirl
    Options
    can anyone tell me if I get a gift receipt with a dress in Marks using my sparks £10 off and it does not fit, will they (me;)) get the full price back or less the £10 ?????
    TIA
  • Tinyshoes
    Tinyshoes Posts: 29,014 Forumite
    Options
    silvercar wrote: »
    Thanks for all the birthday wishes.

On holidaY in a totally different time zone at the moment, so not attempting to catch up!

Sorry I missed your birthday silvercar. Hope you are having a lovely holiday, celebrating in style. :beer:
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    curlgirl wrote: »
    can anyone tell me if I get a gift receipt with a dress in Marks using my sparks £10 off and it does not fit, will they (me;)) get the full price back or less the £10 ?????
    TIA

I always have a green marks bag with me. I go to the CS desk with my green bag, ask if its possible to have a gift certificate, very polite and humble, empty the bag, gaze hopelessly into it and sigh deeply that I have lost the receipt ....

The girls scan the item and hopefully it will come up at full price and that is what your credit note will be
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • marmitelovemehateme
    Options
    Went to find a basket/box to create my hamper for my niece....Hmmmm.....It wasn't very successful having trudged around a few shops.....But a stroke of luck,...As I was walking through the city I saw a stall being set up and they were using wooden crates to display their bits and bobs...:think::think:..Bingo..:wall::wall:.It came to me in a flash. Why didn't I think of it before....I can make one with a pallet I have just acquired....Watch this space.....:D:D:D

I've started to put a few bits together..Mainly glitched bits and will use my wombles for the rest....:rotfl::rotfl:..

Ideas:think: please for what to put in it...

So far Wine, crisps, chocolates, biscuits, candles....Going to get coffee, crackers and cheese....
    [STRIKE]68 [STRIKE]Mouses[/STRIKE] [/STRIKE]

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!! :rotfl::rotfl:
  • LEJC
    LEJC Posts: 9,618 Forumite
    edited 24 November 2016 at 12:40PM
    Options
    Blind pig cider now free on CS at M

also in 3 4 £5 so thinking of doing 3 and claiming the 50p on additional ones also

also a free franklin & sons tonic water at S 90p....and ready made pot of angel delight at T
    frugal October...£41.82 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!

2017 toiletries challenge 179 out 145 in ...£18.64 spend
  • curlgirl
    Options
    mhoc wrote: »
    I always have a green marks bag with me. I go to the CS desk with my green bag, ask if its possible to have a gift certificate, very polite and humble, empty the bag, gaze hopelessly into it and sigh deeply that I have lost the receipt ....

The girls scan the item and hopefully it will come up at full price and that is what your credit note will be

thanks, I'm quite good at putting on a "simple/confused" look . sometimes no acting required :rotfl:
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I thought this was a nice gift for a bloke from Livingsocial and its bookable on Sunday afternoons

Might be an idea if you are planning a lop sided weekend break and you are booking one of the cheap Virgin east coast trains while the sale is on. Hotels are at their most cheapest on a Sunday night.

Its only the city versions though - we have 2 small ones in our local towns - yes I know its barely credible isn't it, that we have something as trendy as Brew Dog.

https://www.livingsocial.co.uk/email-deals/leeds/1857308/19-99-tutored-craft-beer-tasting-experience?Linkpos=Title&blockpos=1&deal=1857308&ito=livingsocial_email_Leeds%2520Morning%2520Local%25202016-11-24&cauth=c5ef61a8-7eb8-4e21-8614-ada4cbb033d5&st_cid=8203898&st_rid=1133041070
    BrewDog Beer School, Cheese & Meats
    tutored craft beer tasting experience for two with a selection of cheese and meats at BrewDog
    highlights
    • Enjoy a BrewDog craft beer tasting experience for two people.
    • Experts talk about the BrewDog story, brewing process and ingredients.
    • You'll try five different BrewDog beers with cheese and meats to share!
    • (Valid Monday-Thursday 6.30pm-8pm); Sunday 4pm-5.30pm.
    Voucher valid on selected dates from 2nd Jan - 2nd Apr 2017.
    At one of 28 cool-as-hell BrewDog Beer locations, today's deal is here to aid you in your pursuit of hoppy-ness! You'll get a taste of just why BrewDog craft beers are so highly regarded with an awesome one and a half hour beer tasting experience! Learn about the BrewDog story, brewing process and ingredients, while enjoying five delicious craft beers, accompanied by cheese and meats to share. At the end of the tasting, there will be a quiz to see how much of a beer-boffin you are, and those who pass will receive an exclusive pin badge and certificate.
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • diluvsdiscounts
    Options
    pk04 wrote: »
    I've never seen the fishcakes not on the 2 for £3 offer but I think the t&c's say it's 1 x £1 off per transaction - still, 2 for £2 isn't bad
    Yes as they are delicious.
    mhoc wrote: »

:rotfl:
    Went to find a basket/box to create my hamper for my niece....Hmmmm.....It wasn't very successful having trudged around a few shops.....But a stroke of luck,...As I was walking through the city I saw a stall being set up and they were using wooden crates to display their bits and bobs...:think::think:..Bingo..:wall::wall:.It came to me in a flash. Why didn't I think of it before....I can make one with a pallet I have just acquired....Watch this space.....:D:D:D

I've started to put a few bits together..Mainly glitched bits and will use my wombles for the rest....:rotfl::rotfl:..

Ideas:think: please for what to put in it...

So far Wine, crisps, chocolates, biscuits, candles....Going to get coffee, crackers and cheese....
    PROSECCO :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport