Multiple PPI with NatWest

Options
I've received a statement showing that I have had 8 separate PPI policies from NatWest over the last 20 years, split between two sort codes.

There are individual loans that I remember taking out in branch and I know how PPI was pushed during these, but there are other ones here that I cannot remember much about so don't know if they were sold over the phone or in branch.

I would like to submit a claim for the ones I know about, but can I do them in one claim or do I have to open a separate claim per PPI policy?

Using Resolver, it looks like it's geared around one claim per separate policy?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You would be better speaking directly to NatWest, rather than through Resolver.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,374 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I agree with zx81. Do this via Natwest directly. So much easier.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Mackle
    Mackle Posts: 72 Forumite
    Options
    NatWest's form is the same as Resolvers, but NatWest's form appears to be for a singular PPI claim whereas I have several.
  • Partridge89
    Options
    Fill one in for each policy, don’t bother with Resolver.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Resolver will just complicate matters here. Complain directly to the lender.
  • dunstonh
    Options
    Use one form but include a cover letter saying that you had multiple loans.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    dunstonh wrote: »
    Use one form but include a cover letter saying that you had multiple loans.
    Actually, most banks will require filling in multiple individual forms, one for each loan. Best advice is to comply with such requests.
    The Op is looking at almost guaranteed success if this is a chain of loans with single premium PPI.
  • dunstonh
    Options
    Actually, most banks will require filling in multiple individual forms, one for each loan. Best advice is to comply with such requests.
    The Op is looking at almost guaranteed success if this is a chain of loans with single premium PPI.

The FCA would not accept the banks doing that. They insist that the customer is free to make their complaint by any reasonable means and the financial services firm cannot insist on a specified method. So, if someone sent in one form and a note saying that they had multiple PPI and wish to complain about all of them, the bank is required to accept that.

The bank can request further information if the single form leaves gaps but they cannot insist on their own form being used. The information can be given in letter form, bullet points on a piece of paper or a third party form.

All that doesnt stop some banks sometimes sending out their own form asking for complete duplication of what was already sent in. However, that is just a bad quality staff member getting it wrong.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    dunstonh wrote: »
    All that doesnt stop some banks sometimes sending out their own form asking for complete duplication of what was already sent in. However, that is just a bad quality staff member getting it wrong.
    Well, in my own case (almost six years ago now) the Bank certainly did require their own form filled out multiple times, even though I had a consolidation chain of loans with single premium PPI.
    To avoid any additional hassle, I recommend simply complying. Others can argue the toss with the FCA.

Resolver just complicates matters still further.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure