Breaking Through, Travelling On

Options

Comments

• themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,897 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    If you decide to switch away from 3 (which seems fair enough if there's no signal in your house!), make sure you do your research - quite a few of the other providers piggyback on 3's network - I know GiffGaff does - you don't want to end up with still no signal.
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• michelle09
    Options
    At least the builders cleaned. I dread to think how bad our windows are, but since winter is coming I'm going to leave it for now. OH talks about getting a ladder but we have a three storey house and are both quite accident prone....

Have you managed to get the phone switched on yet?
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    themadvix wrote: »
    If you decide to switch away from 3 (which seems fair enough if there's no signal in your house!), make sure you do your research - quite a few of the other providers piggyback on 3's network - I know GiffGaff does - you don't want to end up with still no signal.
    Oh! Thank you for that - I literally had no idea :o

My brother told me to do this too, but I'll have to find out about "breaking the contract" :o
    michelle09 wrote: »
    At least the builders cleaned. I dread to think how bad our windows are, but since winter is coming I'm going to leave it for now. OH talks about getting a ladder but we have a three storey house and are both quite accident prone....
    I was pretty impressed that he cleaned the windows - I didn't realise at first, because he didn't clean the pipes at the back, which have big blobs of sand/cement etc :eek: he's a bloke, he doesn't see that stuff :rotfl:
    Have you managed to get the phone switched on yet?
    Ye-e-e-esss ... it doesn't have the old sim in yet, though the people in the shop tried it to see that it fit :) so I know I'll be able to do it. The number switchover will happen tomorrow, and as long as I can input the mobiles belonging to my brother and sister for the travel on Tuesday, it'll be fine. Famous last words :D
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Karmacat wrote: »
    Yesterday, though, I should have put flexible filler on the little nail heads on the new skirting boards - then I could have done the undercoat quite soon. Will do it shortly. I'm not one for perfect finishes, but even I like some things to be set up correctly :rotfl:
    I'm terribly proud of myself :D:D:D I checked labels, didn't need the flexible filler, and instead I **thoroughly** stirred the undercoat, and painted the skirting board of all five alcoves :j:j:j I can't tell you how happy I am about it :rotfl:

It's solvent based, so I haven't painted the new wall surface, I'll buy ordinary emulsion for that.
    I also need to get my luggage trolley sorted, what to take, including small, rigid plastic boxes to pack little things away in.
    I did this too :beer: and sorted a few old picture frames, a few of which have died in storage :o
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,268 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Should be safe until 10k posts.
    That was always the guideline.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Morning! I thought I'd better write down what I had to do today, as I only have today to footle around ... scared myself silly :rotfl:

Twenty items :eek: some of which are tiny - water my aloe vera plants comes to mind - and some of which aren't - collect rail ticket and go to Waitrose next door - which will take an hour and a half or so. Oops. Not good planning. I'll post a ta-da list later on, but right now, I'll give myself another four minutes (its 9.06 :D) and then get going.
  • beanielou
    Options
    Hope that you get as much done as you need to but without making yourself too tired.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Karmacat
    Options
    That's the balance, isn't it beanie ... I rested for ages after I went out, just started up again, and I'm really pleased so far. I have:

- got the new phone working, I've been texting! Now I have to cancel the old contract with 02.
    - collected my rail ticket - I can't bear to collect it as I'm actually travelling, if there's problems of any sort, it makes everything a lot more difficult.
    - got all my travel details with me.
    - no Waitrose pesto to be found! At least I tried :)
    - bought SiL a little stocking filler pressie, thats all we're doing.
    - changed over my handbag gubbins, from the old to the new.
    - genealogy documents to Drive, hmmm, this was less successful. I think I'll need to shut down the "screen off" thing, but that'll be for another day.
    - noted an email password to use on my phone while I'm away if necessary.
    - watered the plants.
    - spoke with my sister - *so* much admin about this trip!
    - got all the recycling into the bin.

That's 11/21. Finishing packing is one item (I've nearly done it) and leaping into the shower (which I'm about to do right now).

It's working:j:j:j

Definitely a long rest after my shower :)
  • themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,897 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Hope you had a safe journey KC!
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• beanielou
    Options
    Hope all going well :)

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure