Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options

Sky Boxsets 50% off £19 pm 12/18 months
    They also stated that at the end of 12 months TV discount they would be happy to re-negociate (kept the chat transcript for that)

So it's full price TV for the last 6 months (£38 for Q)? Can't say I like those sort of deals (although overall it's a good deal).

Just because they're happy to talk to you doesn't mean they'll offer anything and if they do offer a smaller discount it'll tie you into another 18 month contract no doubt (or you just pay the £38 for 6 months).
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    They also stated that at the end of 12 months TV discount they would be happy to re-negociate (kept the chat transcript for that)
    Just because they're happy to talk to you doesn't mean they'll offer anything
    Indeed, Sky haven't actually made any undertaking at all there. Keeping the transcript saying they are willing to "negotiate" in twelve months is not going to guarantee an extended deal (or any deal) at that time.
  • superbigal36
    Options
    As I said in a convulated way earlier.
    My Q renewal deal (After my initial 12 month contract was completed) was offered over either 12 months 50% discount or 18 months 40% discount.
    The discounts would apply for the FULL term.
    There should be no need to take 12 month discounts on 18 month contracts.
    The 18 month 40% also came with the HD discounted for £6 to £2

Of course the algorithms they must employ to offer deals, maybe really do restrict certain people to certain offers.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,507 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Just got 60% off Sports and Box Sets when chatting to cancel -full price HD pack with Sports however so £32.20 pm vs £28.60 previously.
    Decided that the 75% offers are probably gone for ever!
  • Cardinal-Red
    Options
    Does anybody have experience of getting a good deal when quitting because of a genuine move.

I have a 50% code from a friend but I would lose my "VIP" status (stop laughing!) - I like it because I get free Sky Go Extra which is handy for the Playstation.

I want a full upgrade - Sky Q, sports, movies, multiroom, and broadband as compared to current package of Sky+, Variety pack and no add-ons; although Broadband is with Sky but not their fast one.

Is it better to just quit and take the 50% new install?
    The above facts belong to everybody; the opinions belong to me; the distinction is yours to draw...
  • Mastanlem
    Mastanlem Posts: 42 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Brewerdave,
    Did you ring them for this deal or through online chat.

Mastanlem
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    brewerdave wrote: »
    Just got 60% off Sports and Box Sets when chatting to cancel -full price HD pack with Sports however so £32.20 pm vs £28.60 previously.
    Decided that the 75% offers are probably gone for ever!
    75% was after switch off , in the majority of cases.
    Lots of us got a 60% offer while still connected.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,507 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Mastanlem wrote: »
    Brewerdave,
    Did you ring them for this deal or through online chat.

Mastanlem

I was on chat to start with - apparently chat went down after I'd refused 50% offer (I didn't know!) so the Sky agent phoned my mobile with a revised 60% offer - I've been having a 'mare with them anyway as they had removed my Sports pack discounts about 8 weeks too early (all to do with the renaming of the Sports pack!).
    Finally I have an offer and the Sports pack fiasco is sorted ( well financially - but the bill for October is a complete mess of credits and debits):rotfl:
    @teddysmum -yup ,could have proceeded with cancellation in the hope of getting better after switch off -but haven't seen many/any reports of 75% offers recently. so settled for this deal.:)
  • ydt88
    ydt88 Posts: 6 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I originally jumped on the MSE deal from this time last year (complete package for £30 for 12 months) - has anyone managed to keep this deal or get something very similar when calling SKY?
  • antispam246
    Options
    So it's full price TV for the last 6 months (£38 for Q)? Can't say I like those sort of deals (although overall it's a good deal).

Just because they're happy to talk to you doesn't mean they'll offer anything and if they do offer a smaller discount it'll tie you into another 18 month contract no doubt (or you just pay the £38 for 6 months).

Totally appreciate it. Like I said there's deals and then there's deals. It's dependent on so many variable that at the end of the day best thing you can do is set your own goal posts.

I've read numerous people saying they got X deal which is significantly better than most, be it 60%-75% but it's not going to be achievable for everyone. By all means push for it but it's always going to be you versus them regardless of how many times you use the "well this person got this".

Further more, for me personally, it's the time and stress of it. Id rather hit my goal as quickly as possible with little down time. I could have dragged it out, let the contract expire altogether and play the waiting game but quite frankly I've better things to do.

A chat transcript will absolutely not guarantee anything in the slightest but it's a better starting point than nothing, but that's for in 12 months time :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback